Testing 249: Melee Weapons, Shields and Local Universes - continued

Your going to have 90000000 plots by the time it arrives…If it does.

Someone mentioned the other day, will they adjust the cubits we already have to mirror the amount we would have had under the new system?

Not sure how that would work, or if it could but I’m spending my 60k cubits just in case even though I don’t need plots

1 Like

Dexx you’re still playing? That’s awesome!!! :grin:

If anybody ever needs some excellent forged tools, this man is quite the amazing forger!!! And has been for a few years now!

Edit: looking at it now; there are quite a few familiar faces still here that I recognize from beta and launch!! Keep up the WONDERFUL work all!

~semper fidelis~

1 Like

Sadly I agree by this stage the utter and total lack of guidance or updates is realistically due to larian stating it as part of the takeover, or an associated legal team doing the same.

Fortunately by June we will have some form of answers as they have legal obligations to report changes etc as part of their financial year end in the UK

5 Likes

While I’m sure its just speculation, I think Jiivita may have nailed it in his video for 249…

The change in cubits isn’t intentional per se, but a byproduct of increasing level cap using the current system of exponential increases. They are pushing thru a lot of new systems here, and unfortunately balancing the cubit situation wasn’t top priority right now. It doesn’t sound like this is a permanent alteration.

That said, its really anyones guess, so I certainly don’t blame those who are grinding cubits now!

3 Likes

The way I see it, spending so much time on the local universes update would make a lot more sense if it’s some kind of safety net for the community because at best WS doesn’t know how long they can keep updating the game before they’re forced to shut it down. If they end-up being forced to shut down the servers and move on to another game, making sure players can still host Boundless servers seems like a good choice.

But I definitely hope I’m wrong. Though (and I said it in the past), if they do, I f@cking hope they won’t again BS their players for 6+ years talking about features that never comes (like the Titans, the alternate races, everything!) and that they will invest in some actual community managing.

I already see WS’ white-knights coming at me saying “they’re not communicating more because of players like you who are never happy and are always asking for more”, but at one point, they gotta grow some thicker skin because EVERY. GOD. DAMN. GAMING COMMUNITY is like Boundless’, and weirdly enough, not every game studio handles communication like WS, going head-down for months. It’s like trying to cultivate the worst in the playerbase.
It’s really baffling that we’re so in the dark as to the future of Boundless that some of us are going so far as to make speculations like these.

6 Likes

I can understand the leave them alone view if its every week that we pester, even after being given updates. But 6mths or so since the testing started and 2 or so since we heard a thing screams " we don’t give a f**k about you, we’re doing something else"

On arie I even discussed doing 2hr protest where nobody logs in, but it would probably need to be 2 weeks before the devs even noticed lol

3 Likes

:neutral_face:
Did I miss something? Is that the Larian thing you guys were mentioning? All I remember hearing was that WS did something small to help out Larian on Baldur’s Gate 3.

Video here explains it best (about ten minutes starting at 30:00) -

Edit to add: I really do mean it when I say I wish them all the best here. If my speculation before is right, then I truly feel bad for them if they are in a position where they may want to communicate more with us and can’t. They seem like really cool folks, and clearly a brilliant team… whatever the end result is here (and I hope it is that Boundless continues and grows!), I am grateful for what they’ve given us, the game has meant a lot to me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Meh I wouldn’t stop I would just take advantage of it and start trolling everyone
This is a joke I would not do this to anyone other than maybe @host but only because he can laugh about it

Owwwwkay. Soooo… they’re spending a lot more time than I thought on Baldur’s Gate 3, which could mean they have less time to put into Boundless, which could explain why everything seems to take so much time.

4 Likes

In response to the doomsaying:
This game feels like a labor of love. Sometimes love has to sit back while bills get paid but they’ll come back to it. I’m as impatient as anyone to see anything new added to the game but I’ve resigned myself to the fact that it just might be awhile.
I mean, it’s not like it’s Patrick Rothfuss or GRRM or some other douchebag in charge though… updates will come eventually and priorities may shift back to boundless as other projects wind down. It’s no different than waiting on a sequel to a book series to me I guess is what I’m saying.
Bitching never speeds up the process when there may or may not be pressing reasons keeping it from going more quickly.

That being said: a weekly post of 2 sentences regarding the state of things, changes coming, or lack thereof, would do a lot to clean up these forums.

11 Likes

It would be nice for the update to come out but Ill still be happy even if I. Have to wait bit longer but I’m guessing it be soon because we had the drought of Exos now there almost spawning often maybe a sign of gathering mats for the new stuff (O.O) :cookie:

3 Likes

Except that here, the book you read only had a third of the chapters it was supposed to have, and you’re not as much waiting for a sequel as you’re waiting for the missing chapters to be added, and the writting of the book began roughly 7 years ago.
:grimacing:

Otherwise, sure, you may have a point.

4 Likes

Meh I’m hopeful and I’m new so like I’ve said before the more people leave the more of a god I am 0_0

1 Like

I’ve backed kickstarters for book series too. Sometimes new author’s who take too long to finish a series give me a sense of entitlement too though, lol. Like, ‘I helped you get where you are just do your job and give me what I expected!’
There are some that have taken over a decade with little word about what’s coming or when but it’s easy to forget that ■■■■ just happens sometimes and schedules change.
Art can’t be rushed, I suppose, lol. But I’m all for keeping its’ fans posted.

4 Likes

Also does anyone notice James face reminds me of captain cold from the flash

Oh come on, they look completely different!

3 Likes

Look at the crop hair and face they look very similar or maybe I’m thinking of his doppelgänger Leo

Ha I’m patient.

I’ve been waiting for Dead Island 2 since 2014 E3 announcement. (Still have it pre ordered :joy:)

Will we ever get Elder Scrolls 6? lol

I’ll wait patiently for the boundless updates.

6 Likes

the only thing i see ingame is much Player unhappy.