Testing 249: Melee Weapons, Shields and Local Universes - continued

I dunno how i Feel about this after People pointing out cubits gain and plot gain…

Personally i just need some dev To answer this… Why they chose those rates etc… Also To be added…

Wipe? I think Wipe should be talked about more now as Last time we wiped it was In launch and skill tree was changed heavily… I would say this is almost the same change so… Wipe?

5 Likes

The Great Boundless Wipe of 2021!

tenor (2)

(But I keep my white mud😅)

1 Like

The great boundless wipe of 2021, and it resets the sov unlocked colors too!

Nah, people won’t handle it well, and prob would lead to people quitting.

9 Likes

What doesn’t cause people to quit? Lol

Plus they would never do a wipe, james already said so. I just enjoy poking the bear.

7 Likes

OOOOOOOOOOOooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Within 20 posts of somebody using the word “Wipe”~!!!

:rofl:

I’m very curious to see how this plays out. I think only three or four of my alts have the XP to make the new max level, if they decided to alter character levels to match the new XP curve. It’s more than enough to play with though, of course. Especially since they mostly have their skill sheets (at least three) and under the new system when it’s fixed it should be the equivalent of using 1795 skill points under the current system, which has only been allowing us to use 500 until now.

It sure seems like a steeper curve but also it looks a lot more rewarding, and will encourage skill sheets in early character development. Of course, those cost cubits, along with the cleanse points required to use them if you want to evolve them as you level. And cubits, that’s another story here.

Anyways I’m also curious about the defeat penalty and it’s place in (adjustment for?) the new system as well.

I wonder if there’s (dev) discussion about adjusting some of the cubit prices along with this. If the core of the game is changing like this and cubits are becoming more scarce, shifting cubit prices on plots and extras might be a way to push the rebalance into a more desirable direction.

4 Likes

WIPE! :joy:

tenor (3)

1 Like

Does the XP per level change for below level 50? Or does that all still match what people have? where does the new XP numbers start?

1 Like

Well I would say if this was ever to be considered we would need a few more updates because I think there are some other core changes that “might” hit (like machines)… plus I’d want blueprints and likely that everyone is able to reclaim and at least starts with their stuff as it stands now. At least those two things would make it a bit less shock and hopefully able to get some of the cool builds. But like we have seen they really don’t want to do the “w” word unless it is a technical need.

5 Likes

@DreamEvil put this together for the exp and cubits as they are currently on testing

8 Likes

The new xp numbers only start at level 51, everything before that is the same as it was.

4 Likes

As I’ve seen on other games that started with a lot of servers, they eventually pared them down. I think since there are so many sovereigns out there that maybe the main universe should be pared down a bit, so that more system resources could go to the ones that get used. 6 planets per region would cut that down by half.
Something to think about.

1 Like

So we going to be getting eviction notices?

You have 30 days to vacate (insert world name here) before it explodes lol

fVzdQ7TK7hO5ViB2Pp

I mean we have joked about Biitula exploding enough in the past…why not

4 Likes

not able to change between skill pages in my beacon in an instance , need to wait the 15 minutes …

1 Like

I have long advocated that people should get at least double the plots they get under the current leveling system. I particularly feel that should be the case now that there’s sovereigns and a tweak to the leveling system on the way. Seems like a good time to give everybody a little bonus. Happy 2 year anniversary everyone!

3 Likes

No wipe, i have builds on over 26 000 plots and then i should start from new, no way.

6 Likes

Wipe dance

Also while I have your attention, I think melee weapons shouldn’t destroy blocks. I would really like to be able to equip sword and shield 24/7 in my base, since I can’t have pants.

4 Likes

No Wipes are permitted, please
I’ve just started a big build on [Beckon]

For those testing in the forge FYI:

DMG reflect boon : Effect gum
slugger boon : Longevity gum
cleaver boon : Venerable gum
fortress boon : Venerable gum

4 Likes

My own $.02 on the cubits would be, the XP for leveling/skill points change is fine, but yeah, the cubit gain change is an issue - as somebody else pointed out above, there is also the issue of delay between gaining levels, even if the gain was increased to be proportionate.

How I’d do it (just a brainstorm) - tie cubit gain to active play. Get a certain amount of cubits for each hour that you are logged in… but the timer stops if you go inactive (no movement for 5 min or such). Yep, ways around the movement with various tricks but let it be known if detected is sanctionable. The amount of cubits is the trick - shouldn’t be as high as I’d get mining, but higher than what you’d get building, being a merchant, collecting and exploring, ect. Maybe 50-100 an hour? That way, regardless of what you do in the game - build, hang out, whatever - getting a consistent cubit reward for playing, no reason to have to go destroy a few mountains if you are just wanting to build but want some more plots… just keep playing the way you want, rather.

Edit: To amend this idea a little on thinking on it, if cubits ONLY came this way, probably need to go higher on the hourly amount so it isn’t much harder for newer characters to get going with building… so, probably more like 200-300 an hour. That, or a big bonus on the first few hours of play. OR just add the 50-100 an hour on top of the leveling cubits. That would give more cubits to early players to build with, and provide the regular cubit income for higher level players who will be looking at long gaps between levels.

7 Likes

So? Multiple times devs have listened small forum community here more than actually using their brains.

Whats 1 damage kai For the whole community… We have alrdy seen this… It means nothing if few People have something that could get nerfed Or whatever if it makes gameplay smoother etc.

I always like how People start listing their why should we not do Wipe things When i even mention Wipe.

1 Like