Testing 249: Melee Weapons, Shields and Local Universes - continued

Just for the record I made an effort to reach out to James and got a reply. So they/he are/is active and they/he are/is working on the update.

7 Likes

Cool :sunglasses: 10 chars

I think a large amount of people here don’t fully understand the scope of what game developers have to accomplish at times.

From my understanding, this update is an enormous undertaking, and they’ve had some issues with it along the way. It makes sense to me that a game development studio as small as Wonderstruck—who are also helping develop another game atm—would take so long for such a large change/addition to their game.

I don’t think it’s the end of the game. I believe there will be more feature updates after this, getting back into a regular update cycle. However.

My ONLY irk and worry is that they haven’t been communicating much as to what’s going on with the update… it’s not difficult to do, and I don’t quite understand why they aren’t.

6 Likes

I did as well and also got a positive reply. I was afraid to mention it here though… James might end up with hundreds of messages, all asking the same question :smiley:

Regards,

2 Likes

I was the same way but with all the doomsayers and the like I just wanted to put forth something positive. I do wish there was a bi-weekly or monthly update. At least to say how the update it coming … future endeavors etc.

2 Likes

I agree with this but gotta look at the positive we recently had a bug were people couldn’t go to certain worlds or log in but james-chan was there to save the day and made a appearance means the game isn’t forgotten about just got alot on his plate boop

5 Likes

Yep I’ve always said that comunication every week is not really needed, but this time Im also wondering what the heck is going on, usually james or some one else show up when the conspiracy theories start spreading and put everything in order with a simple “We are busy but everything is ok”, but this time they have been silent even after a lot of doom prediction posts.

1 Like

Well it’s been a lot of work to keep the real reason hidden… If you had investigated the slums below @georgegroeg’s house you might have found the hidden prison where James and the Devs have been locked up. During the winter I was able to actually trap a snowball spitter and we’ve been letting them hit the Devs with snowballs until they promise to give us Titans by the end of the year. Georgio, you probably need to unhide that door so people can see the carnage.

9 Likes

But I don’t think this accurate we all know that georgio-chan is also holding the Titans captive in his basement like the Giant Cuddle he has

3 Likes

So @georgegroeg Is making us think that he is trying to get us titans when in reality he already has them? :exploding_head:

4 Likes

I am on the testing now and I cannot use the last 13 skill points… I am already filled up with everything.
Will we get something “new”?

Edit: clipped image due to unintentional bad word in username…

Regards,

1 Like

@ciprianb I thought the max was 367, not 380?

1 Like

Let me clip the snip then :slight_smile:
I’ll edit.

@SilverSunn Exactly! Why do I have 380 but can use only 367…

Regards,

2 Likes

I believe they said it was room for additional skills, but I don’t know where.

1 Like

I laugh so hard if James just posts here and just says…

Hi :wave:

11 Likes

Creature taming?!?!
mind blown

2 Likes

If I only could torture them. And condem them to be eternally stuck in a never ending maze. I definitely would. But unfortunately this is not the case. :broken_heart::cry:
They are just MIA.

3 Likes

Would be more :ok_hand: if he just :heart: your post.

1 Like

Imagine the aftermath of that happening :rofl:

1 Like

Nah they did this several times.

last time someone was making a “oh if they would just say anything I would be happy” thread, and james made a post, and that person immediately went on to “yeah but what about this, this, etc…”

Each time the attacks and conspiracy theories and overall trash talking just seems to get worse.

They’ve made it pretty explicitly clear what’s holding up the update and tbh a change to this possibly involves steam, and PSN as well.

I totally get the “Are we there yet? Are we there yet?” style of enthusiasm, But we can’t just ignore, or quietly support, the people that are repeatedly, rudely haranguing them and then wonder why they’re not eager to come and interact.

10 Likes