Testing 249: Melee Weapons, Shields and Local Universes - continued

:arrow_right: They were looking at doing this a different way :point_down:

3 Likes

I’m more worrying about gaining XP cause reaching the 190 cap and having to earn 3 million it’s definitely to much to grind for me 200,000 should be kept

3 Likes

I do occasionally feel guilty that my feedback appears to have been a primary cause of this delay, yes.

You don’t really need to hit the cap. Most people have given feedback on the xp to cubit ratio, but you seem to have different feedback here. What issue do you have with the increased xp for higher levels?

2 Likes

I can barely get 200k just from mining how is the XP gonna work cause I feel like it’s still unclear I don’t understand statistics or logic I need a plain simple answer is confirmed that is the Xp gonna be hard to get

Ok here’s my thoughts max Xp at o say 500k and also don’t decrease cubit gain just level it the same as it is now

Let’s pull away from xp and levels and talk functional.

What do you get from levels that you are concerned about having trouble getting?

Levels for skills and 2 cubits

From each time you level up did they change it to where it keeps going up and then reach to the 3 million or are they still working on that?

Skills aren’t a real concern, since you won’t be losing anything. At level 50, the old cap, you will have the same skill points as before… On each skill page - if you have 5 skill pages, level 50 in the new system has 5 times more flexibility. Every level above 50 is harder to get, sure, but it gives you 2 more skill points on every sheet.

For cubits, the two negative changes are that it takes longer between levels, but that’s not a big deal for most people, and that cubit gains over a certain level are cut by about 50%.

Is your problem that it takes longer to level, or that the rewards don’t scale up with the time it takes?

2 Likes

The longer time it takes to level up is what I’m very concerned about

It’s less than half of that. It’s close to 1.3m per level. So under 700k with pies.

:sleepy: that is still a lot

1 Like

It’s been awhile, I hope this update does come to live soon. I could use a distraction, as it stands I’m not sure if I will update most of my fuels in my beacons, I don’t necessarily want to quit but I’m past the point of my patience. I miss the smaller updates, this one seems to have grown out of scope, and has caused many of us to even wonder how much longer the game will be supported. I love boundless, I will be sad to see it go (if it does), but iteration on any scale at this point would be welcomed even if we don’t all like some of the changes.

This past couple of weeks of real life has been hard on me, so I am sorry that I didn’t share that my portals and such were going down in advance. Unless we see some changes soon, I might just let it all expire and start again later once some extra life has been breathed into the game.
-aka FIFLAND owner/operator

2 Likes

I think that even a small update would be nice maybe give us a new variation of a table and chair so we know they listen

6 Likes

Are posts in this thread now officially deemed as necroing? :rofl:

Will soon reach 2 months without any dev posts at all in here (I’m sure the last was March 30th, but can’t be bothered looking)

Any chance of some news…any news…

1 Like

I think it’s only a necro if the “Last post X days ago” text comes up :laughing:

1 Like

The thread normally gets closed if there are no posts on it within 14days since its a news one, I know James has had to reopen it multiple times

That in itself is a sad situation.

Ah well, the only way is up I guess

disclaimer, no liability is accepted for the jinx this may have caused :rofl:

Waiting for James to pop in and say “the lurker, Ground Bashers, Worms will also be included in the update” that be Awesome can dream right boop

5 Likes

Came by for the biweekly/sometimes monthly check-in and thought, at first glance, that the title had been changed to dis-continued. Took a double take and realized nothing had changed.

Still patiently waiting and excited for player world/universe systems.