Testing 249: Melee Weapons, Shields and Local Universes!

New Shields!

9 Likes

New Axe’s and maces

8 Likes

That’s a crazy high amount of xp to get the same thing that we currently get with 200k xp

6 Likes

Yea it’s a little concerning. Currently over level 50 it’s 200k xp to level. After level 180 at this rate high tier players would hardly level anymore.

Unless I’m reading something incorrectly, I don’t think I am though.

3 Likes

Guess it scales up every level… at 173 going to 174 it is 2,562,000

Screenshot 2020-12-29 084143

3 Likes

My main is around lvl 2000. I’ll never level again

3 Likes

It seems too high to me. I do understand the progression idea. But that is too high imo

Number stays at 2744000 XP after level 180.
It’s just. Way too much to get 300 cubits

5 Likes

For the local universe, would it be possible to let us generate more then a single world at a time? Or even offload generation to another machine (cli/automatable world generation). I do not plan on actually hosting my own universe, but it would be super useful for someone that was. Right now, I am just trying to generate some worlds for testing and to play around with, but it is quite slow at only 1 world at a time. My main machine has 32 GB of RAM and I have 2 servers each with 80/180 GB of RAM I would totally offload the generation to.

Yea I agree that is way to much xp for 1 level. It should stay at 200k

5 Likes

I’ll probably be having a look at local universe stuff tomorrow but I just wanted to comment that the changes to the skill tree feel more “Boundless” than they have been up to this point and it will make it much more enjoyable to use a single character, although the changed experience curve is looking odd/excessive like others were saying, at least if no changes are being made to XP gains across the board anyway.

1 Like

Maybe it’s being made that things give 5x-10x more xp then normal. Doubt it though.

1 Like

I think the main change was the planet levels, and i think it would be doable to adapt to the new system.

I think it is a great change.

You can actually /use/ all the skill points you gain now, on a single page. I don’t mind an extra grind to unlock more.

How will the transfer from existing skill pages be handled?

Will it be based on how much xp you have already gained, and be given the equivalent level and skill points?

Or will we keep the level we are on and start from there?

4 Likes

So im really hoping this means the universe, planets and discovery server are disconnected in a way that allows multiple players to run multiple servers with out one entity needing to own everything.

They are not. I am playing around with them now. Basically you can manage the universe via the F1 debug menu. It all runs locally it seems. The text does sound like you can generate worlds, move them to a remote host and then add them to the local discovery server though. A player could not really “own” that world though, it would just run on their hardware if that was possible.

EDIT: This is the interface for the local universe stuff. Your main Boundless instance acts as the discovery server (similar to how it all worked before). I assume there is way to also launch it manually via command line as well without your main game running then you can just administrate Remote Universe.

2,744,000 is not an extra grind it’s a slap in the face.

It shouldn’t be that outrageous for someone to go one level for 300 cubits for what 2 plots?

For people that want plots for their builds and creativity this will limit that massively.

11 Likes

Long :grin:.

Question tough what does that mean for those that already passed some of the “new skill” limits. Like i have skill points for days.

[some maybe stupid questions]

Do the skill pages stay?
Or do they revert back to one?
If they stay does that mean that i can spent that amount on every page?

How does the “new” level system effect the 180+ people? As i am certainly one of them maybe not a 2000+ but around 700+ somewhere.

Sorry for my “dumbness” :wink:

On an other note yay more stuff.

2 Likes

We are talking about 2.7 million XP for 10 lousy plots. It’ll take you 13.7 times more XP to level than today.

If you level up once a day, you will level up once every fortnight after the patch hits! That’s less than 1 plot per day (unless you have the $5000 backer packet).

That change makes the game completely unplayable for people who like to build - or extremely p2w.

I can see the following things:

1. This is a bug, they changed the level “cap” to 180 but haven’t adjusted the scaling function yet and they will reduce it back to 200 kXP for 300 cubits.

2. They give us unlimited plots on sovereign planets and want to force us away from the main planets.

3. They change the game to be heavy P2W with buying cubits being the only real chance at plots.

If I would have to bet, my money would be on 1).

You need 359 over all 5 skill pages to unlock everything. Today you can spend 500 skill points over all 5 pages, you’ll actually need less skill points after the patch.

5 Likes

I’m crossing my fingers and toes and ears and eyes for this.

3 Likes