Testing [cplusplus] 1: Initial C++ build of Boundless

Oh my god! I wanna play soooo bad but ive only got like 2 hours of free time over the next two days. :disappointed_relieved::sob:

2 Likes

who needs money when you can have cool voxel trees?

2 Likes

Saw this thinking home work can wait just a bit more

wait there is new worlds?!!?!!?

1 Like

Theres only two I think. That also makes everyone pile onto one of the two worlds to check on how the servers can handle big numbers of people.

omg there are losts of people on?

Video up very soon showing this C++ in beautiful 1080/60fps/maxed out…best part smoooooth as butter and looking beautiful. If your at work something to watch till you get home :wink:

3 Likes

Aaagh, I won’t be free to check this out till tomorrow!

water doesent flow there

If peple have some time could you try to graple through a portal at high speed? Cause it seems to freeze my game need to see if it happens to others.

Also you inventory and placement seems to keep resetting on eu world 1

Also some guy (I already forgot his name) claimed the capital portal of eu world 2 which we would very much like access to or at least would like some continuation of the builds on the other side so not only one side is decorated.

The large portals have a clipping error where if you build blocks right besides it so they clip slightly through the portal you can see throught the blocks when lookign through the other side of the portal.

Here’s my 1st impressions video guys and my main focus is to point out my experience (could be different than yours) in regards to performance improvement. Footage is maxed out video settings while recording 1080/60fps.

5 Likes

first i am really happy that we have now the c++ beta version, good job

2 things brain f****d me
first:
old version all on max i had 30 fps… now all on max and i have still only 30 fps most time.
i have a core i5 with 4x3,3Ghz(Boost 3,7) 16GB Ram and a Nvidea 970GTX with the neweset Driver Version. Should i have more fps now as before, or i think wrong ?

second:
why i cant use “ESC” key, to get into the main menu
yes i see this

pls add esc for “main menu” and for going back 1 step in the menu

Yeah … this bothers me too. “ESC” should be for the menu.

in addition to @Saint_X i had i huge performance gain :slight_smile: thanks @devs.

1 Like

You can now change the controls ^^ so feel free to change that

1 Like

you and your old graphic card … yourr nvidea 570 get a boost and me with 970gtx not… i dont understand it ^^

really ? ok i am short afk try it XD

edit: we can edit it, but we cant use esc as key because it is in use fort abort the key changing function… :frowning:
edit 2: and we cant change the key for the chat. so its unlucky i want change only 2 things and this both i cant change :frowning:

2 Likes

That´s the problem, you can´t assign ‘esc’ to something.

@Saint_X
I´m no expert but judging from your rig I´d assume that you should be able to get more fps.
Maybe lower your settings and check if that has an effect, if it does your rig may indeed be too weak for all max.

aaaaaaaaaaawmyyygoooooooooood

a.m.a.z.i.n.g.

I can only think of somersaults right now…i wanna make a looping right throug the air.

1 Like

sometimes i have 60fps but most time only 30, and i think i have one off the newest graphic card. so i think i should have more as 30 fps especially because this

so i dont understand it, maybe the dev’s can say more

hey @Bokke @Saint_X wanna meet up at the capital?

@Saint_X if there’s an option for it (I forget), try turning off VSync, if you want to compare your FPS between the two versions.

When VSync is on, your graphics card will lock to 15,30,60 fps. And (worst-case example) if it’s rendering at 59 fps, it will round down to 30 fps.

The downside of turning VSync off is that you will sometimes experience “tearing” (where the top half of the screen is a frame ahead from the bottom half)