Testing the New Universe Feedback

Some things I noticed when doing the sanctum tutorial.

It tells you to press E on the warp conduit TOWER
This definitely threw me for a loop in that wtf is a warp conduit tower…
maybe try “Un-Opened Warp Conduit Portal to the Left”

Anyway when I pressed E it defaulted to the Friends tab and didnt show the location I picked…
Of course figured out in a few seconds that the friends tab is linked to the location tab but a new player may not make that connection and we need to be sure it defaults to the location part of the tab…

2 Likes

The same happend to me and i was like: awesome, i can warp right to my friends that also play on testing!
Nope, got to use the landing location i picked on the other side of the planet. Sad panda. :frowning_face:

There is already a thread on the new test server release, btw:

Thats not really a feedback thread thats the dev’s saying we did this and a 1000 excited people saying awesome!

Okay next issue I ran into, and this isnt the first time but with the new having to buy plots feature it made it a bit more of an issue…

The tutorial has you place a beacon… And doesnt realize you already placed a beacon… had to level up in order to get more plots in order to go somewhere else to place down a new beacon because I already fueled the first beacon and the tutorial needs you to fuel a beacon…

I feel like the game should know you already fueled and placed a beacon and just auto complete that…

1 Like

replying to the OP first so no confusion

• it did not default to freinds list (for me) when interacting with the conduit tower

• This new stuff is mainly to be seen (??) for the New players - so as we might be confused as long runners of the changes, new players on release might not?

Also don’t forget we have a month for the devs to clear up any confusion

I do agree about the i don’t know if you already done this issue and think it should be seen as a bug

Is the issue that you placed a beacon before the tutorial asked you to? My tutorial worked fine

3 Likes

as much as i don’t want to put word in @Sulfurblade mouth… the issue i had i already know what to do… i can collect the rewards/follow tutorial later there are a few things that it will still ask you to do if you try to second guess/speed it up (that you have already done)

I am agreeing with sulfer that the beat the tutorial and still have to do it is an issue basically

:thinking:

Would it not be possible to code it so the game locks us out of progressing untill we have done the tutorial? (or make a check box i have already done this… go away :stuck_out_tongue: )

Lol, don’t rush past the tutorial then :stuck_out_tongue: yeah it should probably be fixed, but luckily new players are unlikely to skip the tutorial

2 Likes

i know, i was just sayiong that currently its an issue also…

• some games have an option have you played before? Skip the tutorial?
  • other ones reward you for doing the tutorial…
  • still others say this is an alt (or w/e) would you like to do it again?
1 Like

The issue with skipping this tutorial is the rewards you get, and where do you cut it off? I still think it’s helpful to go through again regardless, so if it gets fixed then that’s all good right?

4 Likes

I dare to say doing the tutorial quick is faster then skipping it due to the exp rewards.

4 Likes

i know its only test but 100% zero high end resorces (i have auto light skill) and been under water at bottom of planet and no gold/silver etc (Dor/Marvoni/Omega)

On marvoni starter planet trhere is no silver or gold. so we are unable to travel to other planets. bug probably? with resource distriobution?> @james

1 Like

unless they are just teasers because its test?

it was mainly to test login so i am just supposeing

well if they want us to test machines and other things they did in last patch then it is not teasing :confused: cause we need to go to other planets to do it :confused:

i know this is why i also reported it here >>>

But also read the op we are mainly just testing authentication etc

and agreed with you above (not having a go, but it does make sense that we dont have it all… unelss i am just second guessing?)

when I was a new player I placed a beacon before the tutorial asked… way back 6 months ago… Today I did the same thing and but it was worse this time because I actually had to put up a second beacon to actually do the fuel thing because you can’t put fuel on a fueled beacon… the whole Hey stop your waisting fuel issue… That complicated bye the fact I had to level up to buy plots to be able to place second beacon on a new set of plots lol…

New Issue I am noticing

Maybe a bug OR
Maybe working as intended?!?

Atlas for things like Tech Components and Iron etc only works Underground now!

is this on test? donn’t you need a few highend mats we cant currently get there yet for an atlas?