That moment When you..... [Fun thread :D]

That moment when I equipped a 3X3 hammer with the random trigger quirk in my settlement without thinking. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Iā€™ve managed to fall off Legendville a few times. :flushed: One time I didnā€™t have a grapple and somehow survived even though I didnā€™t hit water.

Had a few embarrassing deaths in Ultima while trying to climb stuff.

Random silly moment - I warp home to find somebody hanging out at my house. Literally. Hanging off the side of my building with a grapple. So I wave down at him from my roof. Just one of those silly moments you have to see.

2 Likes

That moment when youā€™re directly on top of a hot spot and start mining straight down safe in the knowledge that your way above the lava level only to suddenly hit void and see lava all around underneath you as you fall into a large cavern :skull_and_crossbones::ghost:

4 Likes

I almost had that on Vandar yesterday! But due to the lagfest the last few layers of rock reappeared before I fell down. Lag FTW! :joy:

4 Likes

Hahaha thatā€™s my luck too! Dang you Vulpto for ending my ruby runs prematurely and taking 75% of my tools durability! Haha. (It was a 25% loss of durability every time we died)

1 Like

Yeah I sacrificed so many skill points to get rid of the death penalty because of that, it was pretty harsh :slightly_smiling_face:

Finally a good lag outcomešŸ˜ itā€™s usually the death of most players.

Yeah, but getting back up to it is a pain haha

that moment ya forget to invite yourself on the beacon

7 Likes

Hey, at least its footfall then, right?

That moment when you get all sorted for Exoplanetā€™ness, travel to the near by planet, shoot your warp andā€¦ Realise you have no coin on that character and have no atlas (when you plan to mine previously unknown rift)ā€¦ Shout out to Fortunist and Tommy :joy:

5 Likes

That moment when you get to exo planet only to realize you forgot your hammers :open_mouth:

5 Likes

That moment when youā€™re over a cliff and see a cuttletrunkā€¦you get giddy and jumpā€¦but miss and fall to your death. :pensive:

3 Likes

Ok, Iā€™m bumping this because it is a fun thread, but I have a :astonished::flushed::weary: moment that just HAS to be shared.

For some reason on PS4, I donā€™t know if it is a bit of lag or what, but sometimes when I try to type I end up clicking on the emotes and hitting something random. Leads to some head-scratching momentsā€¦ and the worst one ever, last night.

As we were parting, @Creegle saluted, and I said goodnightā€¦ by mooning him. :flushed::flushed::flushed: Yeah, I slipped and did the Insult emote right as he was logging out. Top that for an embarrassing moment!! Not sure if he actually saw it, still waiting to hear back (sorry again Creegle, haha!!).

Since I got him killed another recent time we met, I suppose this is adding insult to injury, literally. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Evil Paka is off to a good start for 2020! :smiling_imp:

9 Likes

That moment when you put copper bars into the furnace and wonder why you canā€™t start smeltingā€¦you then remove the copper bars and try put them in another 2 furnaces.

Then you quit the game, restart and try the same thing over, then you go one step further and run back to your storage to grab another metal and it dawnā€™s on you that your attempting to smelt a bar instead of an ore!

Clearly hadnā€™t had enough caffeine at that point, was about 30 secs away from posting a support message before I realised my stupidity.

6 Likes

That moment when your reading a thread and going ā€œomg me too!ā€ and wanna reply to a personā€¦

Then realize the thread is 9 months oldā€¦Evil pakaā€¦ :wink:

How about when your plot swapping between alts, and you unplot on the first alt, to replot on the otherā€¦and forget your ploting pages on the first. and end up switching Alts like 5 times before you get it rightā€¦

2 Likes

Hehee, Iā€™ll add a Necro to my misdeeds listā€¦ devs better start saving up coal for me for next Oortmas! :smiling_imp:

Iā€™ve really had quite a few :weary::weary::weary: moments since this thread was last active, pretty sure Iā€™ll be adding more here! :wink:

2 Likes

I usually am thinking to myself ā€œOmg this again!ā€

3 Likes

Or when u get to an exotic first and go omg! petrolim everywhereā€¦then realise you donā€™t have a liquid breaker in the stack of shovels u brought

1. forget the strength brews on a t7
  2. forget a single resource for the atlas

Iā€™m going to stop there as Iā€™m not giving the best impression of myself

7 Likes

Yeah, these are on my list too. :flushed: Getting to a new exo with resin everywhereā€¦ and no liquid breaker on me! :weary:

1 Like

manā€¦ my momentsā€¦ there is a few.

1. like mentioned above the sanctum warpā€¦ almost 3 out of 5 times I end up going back to the same damn planets I was trying to leave.

2. Going on a hunt with the wrong skill sheet active and realizing it close to the end of the hunt when I look at my oort count and its like half of everyone elseā€™s :man_facepalming:

3. Harvesting my crops and yes once again the wrong skill sheet active then I wonder why my crop count is a lil off :man_facepalming: yet again

4. My favorite one and still do it till this dayā€¦ breaking ONE block with a damn aoe :man_facepalming:

5. Going to a planet (perm or exo) with lava knowing very well to be careful but yet I run looking
    everywhere but where I am walkingā€¦ instant death 99% of the time :man_facepalming:

Iā€™m sure there is more but I will give everyone else their chance lol :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes