That moment When you..... [Fun thread :D]

Ever have that moment happen to you?

Recently i have been having a ton of moments where i go to sanctum to warp home
only to habitually walk out of the portal returning me to the planet i was on.
The more times i want to warp home, the more times i make this mistake xD

Got a silly moment? Share it here! :slight_smile: #brighterdays

22 Likes

Yes, i do that all time, have not get used to see the right portal openā€¦

1 Like

I canā€™t count how many times Iā€™ve done that. Sometimes Iā€™d even walk through the wrong warp a second time after being distracted. One of those serious ā€œDOH!ā€ moments.

The one Iā€™m most guilty of though is when building towers and forgetting to hold the ā€˜creepā€™ button while laying bricks, high up. Walking forward and casually falling to my death like a Dodo. Iā€™ve given more xp to death penalties this way than I care to imagine.

3 Likes

Hasnā€™t been so long since those simpler times when only one portal was truly useful in the sanctum.

1 Like

I never use creep. I forget about it.

It really needs to be a toggle. I donā€™t have the coordination for that.

3 Likes

Yea, you kinda need Piano fingers and it can feel a bit awkward. Iā€™m on PC but Iā€™m guessing the PS4 controller layout would probably be awkward too.

1 Like

too bad creeping doesnā€™t work on chiseled blocks otherwise iā€™d be safe myselfā€¦

3 Likes

I use a modified PS4 controller with paddles underneath that you can program to be any of the other keys. Holding the creep button or swim up are then easy!

1 Like

Even using the normal buttons itā€™s not hard to do. Tho I do use one of my paddles for jump when I remember I have them lol

Iā€™m using keyboard & mouse but Iā€™ve been looking at those Elite Controllers with the paddles. Theyā€™re pricey but a possible, worthwhile investment in the future.

Sometimes I want to change characters but I absent-mindely click return to sanctum. Then I exit the left portal and realize I never changed characters

7 Likes

Itā€™s not awkward is downright abysmall.
Itā€™s in the most inconvenient position to have to be held.

It really should be a toggle.

1 Like

You might wanna go and give a +1 to this thread that, Biv started thenā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

I have a habit of falling through glass floors. Somehow I magically run over the only space where someone missed a glass block, and theyā€™re almost invisible unless you really look for them.

6 Likes

Itā€™s almost like they miss one on purposeā€¦ Not that Iā€™d ever do thatā€¦ You canā€™t prove nothing!

Actually, I did fall off legendville the other dayā€¦ Was looking to the side at an interesting shop and fell off an unsecured edgeā€¦ Managed to grapple the ground though so was all good and also the underside of that place is very cool

3 Likes

That moment when youā€™re building and try to break a block but forget you have your aoe hammer equipped :persevere:

12 Likes

That moment when youā€™re brainlessly running from plant to plant on a lava planet and realise there was a giant hole in front of you :smiley:

3 Likes

And maybe you had hard chiseled all that blocksā€¦

1 Like

I did :pensive:

Also forgot the design i made so had to start over lol

When I see a resource i need on the wall of a cliff a ways away. So i shoot the grapple to it and halfway through my swing, I switch over to my diamond hammer.
and laugh as I bounce my head off a few rocks and fall to my deathā€¦cause my hammer was in the same hand that the grapple Iā€™m using is in.

3 Likes