The Castle in the Sky (Laputa)

I think you’ll need to rethink the name, Laputa in spanish means the wh…re, at some point the name will be banned

1 Like

I’m aware of the translation haha. However it won’t be Laputa in the game I’ll probably name it the castle in the Sky after the movie it is based off of.

Looking great so far, whats the source material/movie ( little curious :3)

Movie by Studio Ghibli titled “Castle in the Sky”. It’s one of my all time favorites!

3 Likes

Here’s a small update:
Added colors (will change depending on available resources in game)
Added tree placeholder
Added initial wall towers and gate locations

eventually there will be a tower every 10 - 15 blocks along the wall on each ring. Next big step is to add buildings

8 Likes

I absolutely LOVE this idea!

You have at least one supporter here. In fact, I’d be willing to give plots from my alts/any future alts. Go big or go home man, if anyone can do it it’s you!

1 Like

It’ll be a really fun build! If anything I’ll need material support haha. with it only requiring ~180 plots I should be good to go for those! :smile: Thanks for your support! I’ll probably make a youtube series on the build haha

1 Like

Heck, if you can find out what colors/block types you want I could even help with the materials. I’m just a casual player, especially with college having just started. But when I’m bored and have nothing to do, I can work on getting mats :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Same here! college will absorb nearly all of my time but this will be a fun project. I’ll be on PS4 when it starts next week! I would welcome the help with mats for sure.

Oh yeah, it does open up to PS4 next week, hasn’t felt that long since 1.0 release. Makes me sad seeing how little I’ve actually put into my base XD. I’m an okay builder myself, I’ve just been focusing my time on fighting. When Titans come out, I wouldn’t mind being one of the first few with a potential mobile flying base ^-^

1 Like

Well I’m an idiot. Just clicked with me that if Titan cores really can be used to create mobile bases, that would be perfect for your Laputa. I’ll have to work on my fighting/grappling skills, lol

if that’s true that would be sick. can you imagine actually seeing laputa flying around haha. Although I’m sure they’ll place size limits on mobile bases once they implement them.

Or perhaps so many plots per Titan core. For huge cities, maybe you could simply insert multiple Titan cores.

Either way, it’s gonna be awesome. Currently that’s the number 1 theory on what the Titan cores will actually do, so… fingers crossed!

1 Like

added in buildings and colors. little more added to the tree. I think this is a good stopping point until I get in game and can see what mats are available and which planet I should build it on.

6 Likes

By the way, is this scaled down or for actual size? Because if you plan on building an actual city with it, rather than a big house/mansion, I’d love a spot somewhere :smile:

1 Like

It is kind of scaled down, but the bottom ring has a diameter of 60, middle of 50, and top of 40. the bottom ring will be a maze/labyrinth while the middle will probably be housing or shops. Anyone looking for a place is more than welcome by me haha. the top has the buildings and tree so we’ll see what gets put in that area. I may make the bottom ring the shopping and housing area and the middle ring the maze though.

The tree, as big as it is, would be a great place for a private house. And depending on the actual size of Titan cores, the sphere alone might be able to contain it, when they get implemented. I’d highly doubt the Titan core would be much bigger than that. Might even be 1x1x1 block lol.

I can even imagine if it gets popular enough, which I’m sure it will, people creating small connected floating islands. Kinda like how it was before Laputa was more or less abandoned in the movie.

1 Like

Once it is actually built, are you looking for it to be more of a popular place visited by many, or just for the random adventurer to grapple to and explore?

I want to build it on a world that is fairly populated, or at least accessible that way lots of people can come and see it. I’ll probably add some kind of stairwell to the sphere or a short range teleport for ease of access.

diameter of 50 is just 6 plots +2 blocks … that’s not very big in reality. So if you want to setup shops it would be small stands or niches like a miniature mall. I know it’s demanding, but if you want to have the flying city feeling you definitively need a bigger scale.

2 Likes