The Castle in the Sky (Laputa)

I was personally thinking double that size for a good city. It wouldn’t be overly huge, too big to manage. But also not so small as to feel cramped. Idk what the plot limit is per player, but I know you can buy cubits and therefore buy plots. unless I’m mistaken, not at an unfair price either.

1 Like

On a side note, just loaded into Till just in time to see three meteors land seconds apart from each other.

ITS A SIGN!

I would suggest to reserve a good place before in the size of the biggest ring and then slowly build it up from that point. Good would be to check which size that is in plots (just making a map from above and cover it with 8x8 squares). If you have those (AND ONLY THEN) start to reserve a place with setting the beacon. Else someone could come by and ruin your efforts by reserving some of that place by making a beacon below (You can only plot where no or only your beacon is above or below, so if you build in the air, all space below is also reserved by you (you can plot, noone else can).

A portal to it would be cheep as long it is a: small in size, and b: from the same planet. On this way it’s only 1 shard/h which is effordable.

and on …

… I would sugges to not build on Till because you need atmospheric protection to go there. That would limit your visitors much :wink:

i want to make it nice and huge, but the demand would be that much larger haha. at this scale I can solo build it. At double that radius it would be a feat to build for sure

2 Likes

sure, it would be LOTS of plots. may be first make it the way you planned it here and later save plots for the bigger one on another world then. Since you would need about 8x so much plots you don’t feel the difference between “just starting for the bigger one” and “making a small one before” ^^

I like the way you think haha. I’ll probably do just that. A smaller one somewhere and then, eventually, the big build that could act as a city if enough people gain interest

1 Like

I’m but a humble fighter. Those two terms kinda oppose… Anywho I’m simply here for exp and loots. Not strong enough for serpendasai lol. I think I have enough Oort stone for the volume crafting now though so yay.

1 Like

When you get a mats list i will donate to this. I have a nice stock. And omg i would love to claim a location on the castle in the sky and live there!

2 Likes

Need to find out what rocks and lumber and foliage would fit the bill you know? I’d be more than happy to have you along for the ride!

1 Like

Hmmmm… Titans are flying structure bosses which carry smaller monsters…

Castle in the sky carries Oortians…

Floating castle vs. Titan, GO!
(On a serious note that would be freaking awesome)

So if i do the “city” size of this build the first ring would be 120 diameter (15 plots squared or 225 plots) the second ring would be 100 diameter (13 plots squared or 169 plots) the top ring would be 80 diameter (10 squared or 100 plots) the tree would be enormous too at around 8 - 12 plots for trunk and foliage, the sphere could be around 55 diameter meaning 7 squared plots at a height of 3 plots meaning 147 plots for the half sphere.

All in all that would be around 660 plots, however the rings would not require that “exact” amount as that is a square and many of those would be unneeded.

1 Like

for the cyrcle size: 120 plots in diameter is 15 plots in total, so 7,5 (lets say 8) plots in radius so this times pi (3,1xxx) to square is about 201 ^^ … but keep in mind that there may be parts where you have to take an extra plot because of one or two blocks reaching out (but that may be covered by adding 0,5 to the radius in this calculation :wink: )

but yes … still a lot ^^

Oh yeah the area of a circle formula… haha should have used that to begin with

1 Like

but to be sure you get the scale of levels you need to get to buy those plots without any real money cubits: I think as a lvl 50 char you have about 200 plots (don’t know the exact number), so to get to 600+ it may take to imagined level 100+ ^^ (at the higher levels the cubits you gain get more until reaching a fixed value for all levels after 50)

I would hope when doing the large project I would get help from multiple people as each level would be near max plots per person

1 Like

sure, with a dedicated group you could split the plots over some characters to get it done more quickly. but make sure that you have a emergency plan if someone drops out of playing and the beacons run out :wink: … but yes: As a group you will have this plots in less time, done gathering and building faster and also split the gains over the group so that everyone is happy afterwards. Also it leads to more life from the beginning on your flying city :wink:

1 Like

Next part would be finding a suitable place that could house something this big. It’ll be almost 100 blocks tall

1 Like

well, japp, would be good to have a world with a quite low water level so that you can gain that hight ^^

1 Like

For real haha. The smaller version would be easy in most places, but the city size would just be massive. What is the max height you can build to anyways?

Once upon a time in serpendasai (or however its spelt) I had an excess of timber and wanted to claim a floating gleam ball. sooooo I built up 200+ blocks from the water level and got it :stuck_out_tongue: