The Coin system - is it going to be an issue?

As far as I know there aren’t any daily login gifts. We don’t get bonuses for doing anything. you go exploring you get xp for finding a new region. Collect so much of something and you get rewards for doing something, fulfilling a objective or feat, never really checked out the feats to see what they are or what they give.
Make so many items from your machines can give xp and you will level up and get xp, coins and after a bit you will have earned skill points you can spend to increase your skills.

there are daily and weekly quests that give coin, but a pretty paltry amount.

I brought up a proposed system like this months ago when it became apparent how lopsided footfall worked. While a neat system itself, as a primary currency generator it has its flaws. Devs never really ever commented, that I recall, on any of those daily systems I and others suggested, however this coin generator is something I think is good also. It will provide a baseline for certain goods. Game economies need something stable to grow off of, even in a sandbox.

2 Likes

Really you guys didn’t know there are dailies? This is supposed to be your main source of income!@

Go get that 300c per day or whatever the two dailies add up to and watch all of your footfall troubles melt away!

Right?!?

2 Likes

Even the highest tier recipes require mats from T1 worlds. It is beyond easy to farm surface resources, hit up a hub and sell them and be rocking either T6 gear or invest into the infrastructure to make your own. How are people complaining about being broke?

Just going to leave this here…

already was here

Yeah, but having the link to it gives people more answers to what it’ll be like and what to expect!

I’m interested to see how it’ll effect the economy. Will it be a stimulus?

Depending on how they price, it will put more coin in the hands of the upper level players and probably not the lower level given the material requirements to build them.

I dont expect it to be a massive coin source (certainly hope so too).
However it can be handy item sink (like tons of rock or rock salt - better to turn 9000 of something to coin than throw it away, even if its worth only 0.1c per).

Yep! That will be at least a good 900 coin or something that way right?

1 Like

Ooh, didn’t even think about that.

I think the lowest value is .01 and if that’s the case you’re looking at closer to 9 coin.

Oooh yup. You right. I wonder how useful it will be to let things break vs throwing It in the machine. LIke a topaz slingbow with like 1 shot left.

OK this is a very good point and something I did not think about. Do I take one more hit with my hammer or toss it in the coin machine?

I wonder if someone is going to put one of everything in the machine and see what pops out. I hear a new excel sheet in the making!

They will have to wait for it to go live as the test prices are not the final prices according to the announcement

The prices are going to change at some unspecified frequency so I’m not sure how long anyone will want to maintain it.

Yeah the numbers right now are dummy ones right now (soil for 100 coin, diamonds for 0.5 coin). Wanted to get a good range of differing numbers so people can try and break it with different combinations.

3 Likes

1 Like