The Coin system - is it going to be an issue?

Took a lot to resist setting most of them to funny numbers… :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

Take the one hit because breaking the tool is satisfying

I’d put my money on 1ss of rock equal to 1c

I won’t even craft one. I mean, there’s lots of other items so it’s not like that’s the WHOLE point but yeah, if that’s how it goes forget it.

The extra casts of getting the rocks home and dealing with all of that BS nope. I’ll still bring the rocks and turn them as I need for my crafting and making a rock shop.

If I have no use for a color I’d still drop them in the field for 0.001c

This info is going to get scattered among threads but I sure hope it’s not the sort of trap where if you just hit it with a spanner all the time you’re going to spend more coin repairing it than it ever generates. Might need to put a cabinet next to them with some stone spanners in it.

1 Like

Oh I only mine where I have bases set up. So I’d just put a machine and spanners at every location. So the only time it wouldn’t work for rock when I mine is on the exos.

You still need to make trips to your base to dump rocks.

Let’s say you have inventory and you’re making it back with 16 SS of rock. How far do you mine? Are you going to walk it back every time you’re full?

Goodbye persist and megas. For 16c?

Maybe you want to teleport? (EDIT:100c with free home). For 16c?

How many of these are you going to craft for every planet? You use AoE right? 50 - 70 SS per hammer?

Then if I walk by a machine that is, say, 50% worn out and just reflexively hit it with my topaz spanner, have I gone negative?

There’s a lot to think about here.

1 Like

I literally have ore in my backyard from my bases. I don’t even need to use an atlas. Mine one way turn mine back. So I really don’t lose any significant time. My bases are at min 10 plots. So I already have oodles of storage and in some cases machines and coils at them. And if I make the tools myself I don’t see it as a cost. That’s what I’m mining gems for anyway.

a lot of focus on the stone here. We need to wait and see what refined ends up starting out as, or deco blocks in general.

Nevermind what iron tools and such end up being price set at. I think the stone is small potatoes for the person this machine will be most aimed at (newer players who haven’t figured out where all the shops are or how to be totally efficient due to no footfall income)

e: I view the chrysominter as a small bandaid for new players that arent able to actively generate footfall and have not figured out how to use the shop system (it’s a bit daunting until you are comfortable going through many portals)

I’m looking forward to putting my rock in this. I don’t use rock for anything. It used to get thrown out or thrown at people. Now it’s going to have a use for me.

1 Like

Aye just want to point out that I don’t think this is average/normal. Great stuff but I mine too many planets and places to have fully equipped bases everywhere over t5, or even half of them. I certainly wouldn’t want to feel limited to one hot spot for each item and hope it’s not mined out every time.

I just can’t imagine handling real bulk the way this is shaping up. This looks great for iron hammer miners, lower/mid level players maybe. People that are scraping by or tightly limit their activities to their personal needs.

I’m not saying that’s bad, necessarily. It just doesn’t look very great for people that are making high turnover and have been eager to turn some of that waste into coin. I’m open minded and of course I’ll have (at least) one but it looks like anyone waiting eagerly to make use of all that AoE waste still has a bit of a puzzle here.

It all depends on the prices that hit live. But in a whole coin economy something that earns less than a thousandth of a coin is still not worth any trouble.

If coin output balanced to account for AoE mass waste but machine capacity and the trouble of using it make it useful mostly to low volume players, it will be a sour note across the board.

Ahh I don’t mine under t6.

This is what I’m seeing as well.

As long as you have to repair the machine the payout must be substantial for me to even care about it.

1 Like

I think the smallest would be a smart stack for 9c. .01 per item and 900 items. I will agree with others, if they do this then it is not worth the wear and tear to use for these items.

Well, I think it might “wear out” at like 5000c. So it would take a LOT of stacks to wear it down I think.

That is not true. You do get footfall from friends and guild members… I believe @james has already mentioned this before.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

If the beacon is aligned you get no footfall from guild members.

From what I understand you do. It has to do with permissions. Otherwise who would bother aligning and being friends? I think honestly, the only issue is that it remains unclear and there is a lot of incorrect info being thrown out there.

It’s easy to test. You don’t get coins from guild members on alligned beacons with zero permissions.

Like I said way back it was a (old bug) when I typed that