Testing 220: Chrysominter!

It seems pretty high but i was able to get at least 3 of each from dormant meteors fairly quickly on a t7 so its not too hard to do a single craft and you only need 10 power coils based on @majorvex video …great video btw :blush::ok_hand:

3 Likes

dat OP …

@james as a suggestion, perhaps making it quick add things into the machine intelligently would be a nice QoL change to make. So if an item would take the full 5k durability and you quick add something (shift click on PC) you can fill it up with the exact amount that would take the full durability.

Just a thought and I am sure that’s easy to implement.

Since the prices will be below market value, it is unlikely people will be using them for good stuff they could actually trade that often, and for advanced players, don’t know how much time they’d want to spend just feeding it junk when they’re already very rich.

There will be some inflation perhaps, but this is a good sign, as people have more coin to spend and are spending it. The bottom is falling out a little too quickly on prices right now, we really could use a little. It will be more the low to mid level players using it most often I bet, with the rest of us just using it as a fallback as needed. I don’t think it will get out of control…

Unless - and I wasn’t going to mention this as I don’t want to give anybody cute ideas, but then they’d already probably have it in their heads anyways - we start getting botting. I do think with this, we have to all keep our eyes out for it now. Doesn’t seem like it would be too hard to pull off, collect, feed, repair, repeat. Not much purpose to it before but now there really would be motive.

2 Likes

Why would you release a new testing update when I go on vacation? Reeeee

First thoughts anyone?

2 Likes

I’m copying in some thoughts from another thread here:

This is going to be an interesting balancing feat.

It seems some people are interested in a place to dump refined rocks and other crafted items as well. I hadn’t even considered that TBH so I’m still taking this all in.

The question about “every planet” was directed at another conversation but the rest of this is still, I think, valid.

The coils are late game for absolutely no reason. If this was to help people in the earlier parts of the game’s progression I would think the coils would be on par with the normal coils for their cost instead of making them very expensive to make.

It sounds like a very unnecessary one.

1 Like

well, a 40% increase in coin is no small thing.

1 Like

@james @rossstephens

As you two are the ones to comment on the systems so far, maybe one of you could provide light on how you view this on the fly change happening.

Would it be possible for this system to check current demand/selling of an item every hour or few hours and then increase or decrease the value of said item until it’s being sold at a certain total or quit being sold etc?

I know there are systems like this in other games, especially ones with real estate you have to buy. An item goes up for sale for a stupid price, no one buy/sells it. It goes down/up slowly over time until someone does decide that price is worth the purchase/sale.

If it doesn’t cause too much lag on the system with those checks, it seems like that would be a very viable way of keeping the values in check with demand.

I should edit to add this point, when I say checking to see if items have been sold, I mean specifically to the machine itself, not shop stands. If the item is being sold to the machine then we already actively know that item has some value, as a result if millions of x item are being sold over y period of time then perhaps the item devalues over a block of time2, 4, 6, 12 hours… whatever seems to fit the metrics you guys wish to to see.

For example say we sale a gem hammer unforged of course for 1500 in game. The mint buys it for 800. That brings us to a mint total of 1120ish. If fully coiled out.

This is definitely going to take some time and theory crafting on devs and player sides as this has a lot potential for great help as well as abuse.

So far I see it being pretty useless outside of paying for the costs to warp to an Exoworld and back. Maybe for some newer folks who need coin but that’s meh at best.

Price floors and ceilings are complete BS in any economy, virtual or real. They ruin the whole aspect of what makes a player driven economy what it is.

Here’s another quick vid (no sound) of me adding different items to the Chrysominter. I think it’s irrelevant though since the coin value of items on the test server is askew (as per the Devs)
@bucfanpaka … I did it lol … skip to 3:18

5 Likes

This system, as best I have understood it, is designed so players who don’t get any footfall have a means to generate some coins. It’s not meant to replace the economy at all.

There will be vets who look to break it to maximize it for themselves but I do not think that is the intent of this design.

2 Likes

In theory now, as long as we have people willing to make them, even the coils are within reach of even the newest players if they are willing to put in the time to grind. Getting the machines to start with may take a little bit, but I’m thinking my sales price on those might be around 100, possibly less, so not too hard to get.

Well gem hammers have some sort of demand today, so that’s not something you’d want to drop in.

You’re supposed to be able to prefer selling to another player wherever possible.

This machine is for all the yams and bones and tallow you have filling up your swimming pool. Once this machine provides a value for them, they’re going to come out of all those shop stands they’re in, and people who really want them but don’t want to gather them are going to have to out perform the machine on price.

2 Likes

I’ve been running my own little solo guild with 2 buffs at tier 1 running. I earn enough endeavor between my 3 alts (Hunter, Crafter, Builder) to keep them going. But just barely.

It’s the coin that is an issue. While the Grapple and Run requires only 5500c, the Fall damage protection (which isn’t worth it because it doesn’t seem to work properly but it’s good for the extra block placement reach) requires something like 15000. I would have thought that the cost of Tier 1 buffs would cost the same across the board. But apparently not.

Anyway yea, it’s doable solo with alts.

Right. I’m just theory crafting on paper since I can’t log to test right now. I just wanted to point out how indeed 40% can stack up over time if the person was too lazy to actively sale.

Also, shop stands will be letting us sale for less than 1c now so I don’t think those items you mentioned will all disappear. The market will just realign.

Haha, awesome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, sorry I think I misread your post!

It’s going to be interesting to see what the machine thinks the price is before you set up a shop stand or request basket!

1 Like

I wonder if forged items sell differently