The current problem with the money system

You can just play the game. Really. Need money? Just get them, their laying on ground Make 26,000 coins p/h as a NEW PLAYER?! - New Video

2 Likes

Footfall money was never intentioned to buy u some tools u should be able to make on ur own. Especially not there to promote this specific laziness. Footfall money is also not ur sole single income source and u shouldnt treat it like that.
Its only an incentive for greater building projects and for portals hubs to pay their portals. Robbery is different from trade in that a purchase needs always ur consent to proceed.

Like i said: people are lazy and when u dont have a portal u dont get people but u dont need footfall, too, because u dont have portals to maintain. Stop claiming that footfall money is the only thing that makes u progress.

@Jirodyne: u dont bring out the goodness of people by restricting them to ur personal advantage. If u have some good to offer people will come. If not they stay away. See offering and purchase proposals as a form of expression of free speech. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and can set prices at their shops according to their conscience and good will. It is not ur right to interfere with that and it wouldnt make a better game if u were able to

2 Likes

:facepunch::+1:

2 Likes

I guess I am totally confused then. I ready posts of people complaining of losing their footfall money and they have shops and losing 1k coin a day. Why do they need to get the footfall money then? Is it greed? portal costs I can see, but does it cost that much that they need 1k coins a day?
I’m not counting on it for food, I have over 400 yams and around 200 starberries although I have used the coins I earned for meat. I bought a silver slingbow for 400c so now I can get some meat on my own. I do want to get some coins for tools but I’m definitely not looking at footfall for that, it can be a help though. I didn’t even know about it until two or three days ago and yes, I will admit that I like the thought of getting some, but I’m not going to count on it. As for building a base outside a city, partly a joke, very slight idea, but I really don’t have the time, I’d rather be out mining and getting the items needed to craft the tools I can use.
I’m slow at gathering supplies, not great at fighting the critters and so see it as a means to help me get started. I have almost 50 hours in and I have finally been able to make a extractor and a workbench. Like I say, I’m slow in moving around. I don’t see the need to rush in one aspect but I do want to be able to have decent tools. I don’t think that the measly 200+ coins I have gotten from footfall is going to buy me much in tools. And I have been making copper ones. Went through two iron hammers my son gave me and six copper hammers and four copper shovels last night that I made, not bought while mining. Going to have to go and make more for tonight.

And I do think it is robbery when a person asks 5,000 coins for a item and on another planet they ask only 1,000c for the same item. Then watch a video and see a player get that same item on another planet for 500c. It falls under the adage of buyer beware, I don’t buy unless I have looked around.
If you and others want to see me as lazy, that is your prerogative, you can ask me if I care what you think in that aspect and the answer is nope. At 63 years of age I quit letting what people think of me bother me anymore in some areas. Mean spirited, hateful, vicious, yes I would hate for people to see me that way.
Enough said. I’m off to make some tools and cut down trees. I need more fuel.

1 Like

hub owner pay u 100 c for every oort stone. 1 oort stone can fuel ur portal to besevrona how much? a handful of seconds?

If u make a purchase basket or shop stand is it then ur duty to travel every ■■■■■■■ shop in the land to adjust ur price to theirs? u are ridiculous

Vote with your wallet then, nobody force you to buy anything, it’s just your free will. You really don’t need to buy anything ever in this game, you can gather everything by yourself :slight_smile: Also what @Shadesmar wrote :wink:

1 Like

Portal hubs existed before full release and the costs to run them were increased before early access started. Just letting you know that the devs have thought about them!

OK, I know that thing at least :slight_smile: I bought game 20 Nov, 2014, and I played it very sporadically.

But what I want to know, was the hubs endorsed/envisioned before players in early access started to build them? I know portals were always part of the game, it’s one of fundaments. But were the hubs also fundaments? Was a portal networks that span over whole universe a part of the original game vision? The network that allow you to travel in mere minutes (if not seconds), from one planet to any other a part of plan? A network that makes warping almost obsolete, was it part of the vision? Also were coins and warp fees introduced after or before portal hubs were built by Early Access people in the Early Access period? I didn’t followed patch notes in EA very much, and did not visit forums at all.

Because I believe that warp fees was supposed to be main money sink. But since you need not to use warps coin economy is what we have now. But if hubs, and networks almost making warps obsolete was planned by devs before… then I’m not sure why the hell there are no money sinks in the game, because I don’t believe tax is enough to balance it.

1 Like

OH ok I see now. You literally meant the creators of the game and not devs. My bad! :sweat_smile:

Me and my girlfriend have no use for money. We have a shop set up where we sell all the things people sell for overpriced, and every dime we get goes right into request baskets to help supplement what we make. For people like us, money has no use other then to help others.

I believe portal hubs was their plan. Their earliest trailers showed hubs of players shopping and running through portals and even little portal hubs. Here is a trailer from a while back showing such. The important part is at 0:51

u can build portals in this game… but who couldve imagined a whole hub of them >.< lol

1 Like

Anyone with 1/2 a lick of imagination.

2 Likes

Definitely some creative people around!

If I had all the resources that the Portal Seeker’s do, I would have a 3 portal hubs on every world. One for shops, one for player homes, and one for cities. Each of them linked together, and to the central main HQ hub.

I do vote with my wallet, did so today. Went into a shop and looked around Glue, wanted 200c for one piece. Wax, wanted 150 coin for one piece. Had been at another shop the day before and they wanted I think just 20c for one piece.
If the person can find someone who is silly enough to pay such a price gouge then that is between them. But John doe and Susie Q don’t know it is too high a price and pay it, desperate to get glue as they are new and haven’t been able to kill enough animals for the bones. Sometimes I don’t get any bones or just one.
I’m doing good now because my son has advanced enough that he was able to make two iron fists. I can now take on the goats, spitter and even the flying ones that come right into your face and go “bloc” at you. I just punched it and it dropped to the ground. Have over 20 bones, and a ice amount of meat. 500 yams, close to 200 berries so I’m fine. But new players, who don’t know anything about the value of items, they will get ripped off, get mad, complain to friends and others of how they can’t get what is needed, it is too expensive to play and the game gets a bad name from greed. And don’t try to pull the wool over my eyes of how expensive it, is. I’ve seen too many portals at a players base that doesn’t have a huge shop and just a few items and they aren’t asking for a arm and a leg for their products. If it is that expensive they couldn’t afford it. Especially when they are far from other players and will see very little foot traffic.

1 Like

The other side available to us is trade. Lots of players have excess mats of certain things but need a different mat. With the exception of a rare occasion I hear and see very little trading of materials between players or even trading mats for services… this is a very viable option to help control the coin inflation that everyone talks about.

It ‘could’ be a viable option… if we had more in-game ways to facilitate it. Town Notice-boards, mail-boxes (even if you personally have to put the mail in yourself). Anything to let communication continue even when you’re offline.

As it stands, having to be online at the same time as (and actually find) someone who both wants what you have excesses of and has excesses of what you want makes this largely prohibitive for the majority of the cases.

3 Likes

I agree with you, there needs to be a way for players to connect if they want to trade items outside of searching through x number of stores trying to find a request basket that might have coin and might be buying at a decent price. What is funny about all this is in the players search they get nothing but every store gets footfall income.

1 Like

You have a very good point, there should be an incentive for players to explore shops.

1 Like