The Forge

Okay. I just spent 20 minutes to forge one stack of hammers. Used over 300 deconstructs and who knows how many other mats.
Forging is the most infuriating thing in this game. I shouldn’t feel like throwing my PS4 through my TV over a stack of hammers.
Can there please be some changes.

First off. No one wants critical on there tools. Please remove it from effect gum for tools.

Second. Loot magnet! Either put it with venerable gum. Or add it to the skill pages as a skill for 5 skill points. Or make another gum for it.

Making Damage and AOE easier to get will make forging easier for everyone. And save me from smashing things and screaming at my TV. Rant over!

17 Likes

You forge all at once?

Yeah 9 at a time.

2 Likes

I have considered throwing my forge out of my window in to the lake outside sooooo many times when a streak of bad luck like this strikes, I have also threatened to set fire to it or bury it in lava several times. I find the threats help me feel better but unfortunately they do not make my forge behave any better.

But hey other times I get the exact result I want and epic luck through the whole process too. So when it’s going bad, I just give up and do something else, when it’s going good I keep on going until my luck runs out.

I know none of this helps at all, but you’re definitely not alone.

6 Likes

That’s a gutsy move man, I found 4 hammers to be give me perfect number of rounds. not that doing all 9 is not impossible I just found it unreliable. Using more expensive mats like boon transmute might help with your RNG.

1 Like

Yeah I typically try and stick with it on a bad run thinking things will turn around.
But it can just bring out the Rage in me.

1 Like

No I don’t use transmute. It’s to expensive.

I do 9 at a time as well, it’s the only possible way I can keep up with demand in my store. The method I use doesn’t make it any riskier than if I was doing only 1 at a time. It’s the boon setting stage that is the killer when the RNG gods decide they’re going to smite you.

2 Likes

I don’t use it anymore but when I did it was heaven. Boon removal is pretty nice but you gotta deal with more RNG.

1 Like

It would also be nice if gums helped target quirks and defects too… if we’re suggesting changes anyway, lol.

4 Likes

I’d love to be able to target quirks… but then they just wouldn’t be so “quirky” if you could just pick and choose them don’t you think? Because no one in their right mind would ever pick bouncy feet, etc.

2 Likes

I suppose : ( I can dream though, lol.

The defects are not targeted by the gums you use?

2 Likes

I dunno, actually, lol. I don’t use corrupted… if so, that’s kinda lame that it doesn’t for quirks.

I don’t believe they are… but I could be wrong.

1 Like

I don’t use it either, I still use the same bar set up I showed you. But I noticed defects have a gum trait attach to them but I didn’t actually pay attention if it match my bar.

1 Like

Defects are excluded if you have certain boons. For example, if you have the damage boon you cannot get the damage defect, but like you I haven’t paid all that close attention to which defects I have recieved and which gums I have on.

I do get the energy defect quite often on grapples and I most definitely do not take an ease gum when forging my grapples.

3 Likes

I feel your pain. I haven’t forged in awhile becuase of the issues such as this. Though when I have a string of bad luck…I grapple to the ceiling of the dome and drop to my death…a sacrifice to appease the gods! Hey sometimes it works haha

9 Likes

This is a method I haven’t considered yet!! I will have to add it to my repertoire! And this is what I love about forging, just when you think you’ve got it all figured out someone comes and suggests a whole new approach! Instead of threatening to throw my forge out the window next time, I’ll just throw myself out instead.

Just out of curiosity… do the gods ever repay your noble sacrifices with some turn of luck?

5 Likes

So happy to hear your pain…:smiling_imp::smiling_imp:. Well not really. I agree 100 percent. I think no game should make anyone that angry…

2 Likes