The Forge

I wouldn’t want it to be any simpler… or else everyone would be doing it!! Haha :smiley:

The complexity and RNG just adds to the satisfaction when it all goes right in my opinion. Plus it makes me feel clever :nerd_face:

4 Likes

I switch between only applying 1 gum type and applying both special AND effect. Then use Corrupted 1, let’s say I get the right boon, either devastating dmg or AoE, then I add 3 more gums of the other one which counteracts the 3 rounds of defects otherwise being added (only adds them when using a boon compound not with other ones), then roll another corrupted 1 to get the second. This saves a vig cat too…

Tho, when I use transmutes (yes, I do use those when I’m either lazy, in a hurry or when RNG hates me) I do one gum at a time…

2 Likes

Back then, everybody was doing it :joy:

I might be forgetting something… I’m known for that… but I’ve been forging for over a year now and I don’t recall it ever being a certainty? The only things I can think of that have changed in that time is the addition of venerable forging and the changes to deconstruction resins. I certainly don’t recall any changes to the way gums work

1 Like

It was a total rework from the ground up, probably because of a cheesy method that never gave flaws or defects. The update also made forging in general harder because quirks became more difficult to avoid. On one side you have players who want to “just forge what they want,” and on the other you have those who like a challenge. Not sure what the majority of players would prefer, but thankfully we have enough forgers to keep us supplied.

2 Likes

Oh yes I do kind of recall now when we all started forging with quirks after the rework… before that spitter eyes actually used to be a valuable thing, haha. (Like I say, I have a habit of short memory syndrome sometime, haha)

I think that sums it up perfectly. It’s impossible to please everyone. I’m definitely on the “likes a challenge” side. I do get frustrated with it at times, but if it became a simple case of collect the appropriate materials and get a guaranteed result every time I would be bored in a hurry. But I’m also the sort of freak who enjoys goo farming, lol.

And yes now that I know what I’m looking for I found it :slight_smile:

Funnily enough the Ooortmas patch 2018!

4 Likes

This is my deck for most tools.

• Corrupting Boon Compound 1
  • Pure Boon 3
  • 3x Gums
  • Protection Paste 2
  • Fate Paste 2
  • Vigor Catalyst 2
  • Deconstruct 3
2 Likes

I’m one of those who like to forge tools 9 at a time, i usually aim for 2 boons, and start my forges with no gums applied to get ma random boon in first place, then 1 special gum until i get the aoe boon, then 2-3 effect gum, usually leaves me with enough stab and vigour to get dmg at 10 and aoe at 4.

I use boon removal 1 when i dont get the right boon, or to remove 2-3 lvl in my last boon to get the last points for aoe 4 (happens rarely)

Also i rarely deconstruct, if I see it’s going bad before i get under 1000 stability i just set it and cancel the forge, i keep my deconstruction resin for the forges that fail at the last moment (to get as much of the stuff back)

Ah also I absolutely need fate paste 2 all the time, starting to use it when i have 2 boons set.

Sometimes the rng is against me too, hang on @georgegroeg

forge%20deck
pure boon 1 is for a vigour free round of roulette
corrupted is for the end of the forge, when my vigour is near half my stability (happens when you use many boon removal)

4 Likes

I do this quite often myself too!

Loving all these alternative decks I’m itching to experiment now! thanks everyone :smiley:

3 Likes

I always love how you contribute to the community. I’ve learned a ton just of valuable forging info from reading your posts.

If you were to stream or post vids I would watch and promote everyone!

Thanks for sharing so much knowledge. Hats off to you :clap: :clap: :clap:

4 Likes

Im a two gums, no deconstruct kind of guy…

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Also, my motto; “Never roll without Fate Paste”

4 Likes

Thanks man, I really appreciate feedback like that! I just hate to see people frustrated and like to do what i can to help others learn. I like learning from others as well (@AeneaGames in the past and @Mayumichi here for example) so discussions like this are great for me too.

I have streamed once or twice in my life, so I’m not exactly a pro but I could perhaps do one in the future of just forging for an hour or two so people can ask questions, etc.

Feel free to ask any questions ever, here or in PM’s too. Nothing I do is a secret.

2 Likes

Well I got wake to show me his forge process so I try this morning and for heavens same I tried over 20 times and even tried putting extra gums in and I was getting glow when I put a ton of special in…I got ease when I had effect. I want to forge and I want to learn…but it’s just so stupid…I understand RNG but seriously should it roll on the gum you put in at least not total randomness…It’s at the point where u might as well not put gums in because it’s going to do the opposite anyway…keep the RNG but at least roll on the gum you entered in. I am sorry to you forge lovers. But this system does suck…Yea it’s awesome when it actually rolls on the gum entered but it doesn’t… :v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Oh boy it’s a superman rant! :rofl:

But yes I agree, this is the one improvement I would really like. I can handle the magnets and the critical effects, it’s the glow or the venerable boons, etc that I’m not even gummed for that truly bug me.

2 Likes

Not a rant…just time for improvements and if nothing is said because we love the game to much.nothing gets done​:stuck_out_tongue::grin::stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I agree, it’s very frustrating when you roll 1 on a d100. Even more so when you do it for 5 consecutive turns (been there done that), seems like the whole universe is against you finishing the forge… Those are the moments I curse the thing to the void below mantle.

2 Likes

I’m happy forging is this complex, I haven’t even started forging yet. If the system was simple, easier, or more of a sure-fire turnout - people wouldn’t be into it this much, and people would also not become known for the stuff they make and sell. To me that is one of the coolest parts about it - that people who develop a method can stock items that they created their way - at their prices. I’ve dabbled in systems like this with other games and I am not a patient person so I relate with op, yet, I would think really hard before suggesting even minimal changes.

Stuff like the difficulty here drives players to interact where some maybe never would, if making tools was in any way easier - exponentially fewer people would buy them, meaning there would be many less practical reasons for a player to create a shop. Cool thread though cheers guys.

2 Likes

But it could be hard without involving a lot of rng :frowning:

1 Like

Pretty sure this guy was just trying to forge. Lol. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nawww man, I was looking forward to seeing gamer rage and having a good laugh!

2 Likes