The Forge

I have one of these machines for forging in my little workshop. It sits far away in the corner from the rest f the machines and collects dust. I have never used it, and I have no current plans to because of how much of a pain I hear it it. It is only there just to have the machine collection complete.

Ok I’m always happy to share what I know. So get ready for some ingredient lists.

Standard Gem quality and below with no quirks or Defects… mostly (5 at a time)

• Corrupting Boon Compound 1
  • Defect Reversal Catalyst
  • 3x Gums
  • Protection Paste 2
  • Fate Paste 2
  • Vigor Catalyst 2
  • Deconstruct 3

9 at a time, no quirks or defects… mostly

• As above but swap defect reversal for draining boon compound

Fun with quirks… controlling them… kinda

• Draining boon compound 1
  • Quirk Transmute solvent
  • 3x Gums
  • Protection Paste 2
  • Fate Paste 2
  • Vigor Catalyst 2
  • Deconstruct 3

Totems

• Corrupting Boon Compound 2
  • Defect Reversal Catalyst
  • 3x gums
  • Vigor Catalyst 2
  • Boon Boost Paste 2
  • Fate Paste 2
  • Deconstruct 3

Forging Lucents to maximum level

• Corrupting Boon Compound 2
  • Defect Removal Solvent 2
  • Vigor Catalyst 2
  • 2x gums
  • Protection Paste 2
  • Stabilisation Paste 2
  • Invigoration Paste 1
  • Deconstruct 3

Slingbow Forging

• Corrupting Boon Compound 1
  • Draining Boon Compound 1
  • 2x Gums
  • Stabilisation Paste 1
  • Protection Paste 2
  • Fate Paste 2
  • Vigor Catalyst 2
  • Deconstruct 3
6 Likes

Our discussion a while back was indeed what enlightened me :slight_smile: I still won’t budge on the boon removal though! haha

1 Like

When you’re living on the edge, boon removal can save a forge!

Turn this
to this

Or this
to this

3 Likes

Will definitely be trying some of these for myself… I only ever use the first deck you listed still, and from your tutelage :blush: gonna give the others a go when I’m back on! Ty ty

1 Like

I have tried it and I definitely see the applications of it but it just didn’t sit right with me. The deconstruct is my safety blanket that I have simply grown far too attached to, I could never give it up.

95% of my deconstructs occur within in the first 4 rounds (setting AOE and damage) It is very very rare that I ever fall short on the damage or AOE level as I first prioritise damage, to whatever is necessary, then AOE to 4 and finally whatever remains to my 3rd boon (speed or dura). RNG can simply get the better of me on occasion though I will admit and no amount of gum is enough to ensure a result… so in those cases I fall back on my safety blanket…Deconstruct and try again!

1 Like

Oh for sure, that’s why I take both :slight_smile: I don’t go for 3 boons so I have the space, I go for the extreme cheap end.

1 Like

At the expense of a 3rd gum correct? I throw my gums around with reckless abandon while forging in order to make sure points go to the right boons when I want them to go there and this has been a 90% successful approach for me (that 90% figure is a complete and utter guess of course). And of course, I like to use the fancier 3 boon tools myself.

Yup. I guess I’ve kept it secret long enough, this will be the first reveal of my full deck :blush:

PBC1-3
Prot Paste 2
Vig Cat 1 (!)
Boon Removal 1
Decon 2
Setting
2 Gums

I leave the 3rd boon in the hands of rngsus and just aim for aoe and damage. It’s ridiculously cheap with a ~75% success chance, but you have to know what you’re doing to get over 50% success chance. As you can see from the images in the previous post it’s often really tight.

edit: There are a couple more tricks I use that I didn’t reveal in the posts here, the method is pretty complicated if you want more consistent results. But the deck doesn’t change, it’s just a matter of realising the ways you can bend the boons to your favor even more.

5 Likes

Do you just let the third boon be anything then? Im not sure how to do a 2 boon tool without trait reduction

Edit: posted before your reply!

1 Like

So best case scenario for you is a completely random boon (something other than magnet or crit damage) and worse case scenario would be crit damage correct?

Yes, I usually remove crit damage since it can eat more points than magnet before maxing out if you’re unlucky. Damage also requires more points, so having crit there can really mess up leveling damage. I also start with both gums active to minimize vig cat usage (sometimes you don’t have to use it at all, at most you have to use 1), then once either aoe or damage hits the goal, I vig cat and finish the other boon.

1 Like

Ah yes I see you are using Pure Boons so there is no need to remove any debuffs, I think I understand now what you are doing :smiley:

This is a very cool method (and a unique approach to forging) that you have developed! I like it! It is most definitely the cheapest method I have seen so far and I now see how the boon removal is really quite vital for you to achieve the ~75% success rate!

Sounds like i’m gonna need to start stocking nore pure compounds!
What a fun method, i might try that myself!

2 Likes

For 1-4 gem stuff:
3 gums
Vigor 2
Draining 1
Quirk transmute
Deconstruction 3
Stabilization paste 2
Fate paste 2
Setting
(For stacks more than 4, I switch 1 gum out for more compound)
For lucent:
Stabilization 2
Protection 2
Invigorating 1
2 gums
Draining 2
Pure 3
Vigor 2
Deconstruction 3
Setting

2 Likes

The pure boons let you optimize vigour spending as you don’t have to push the full amount every turn if the slider lands low, multiple gums optimize vig cat usage, so the extreme cheap end as I said :smiley: Interested in seeing if someone comes up with improvements to this, I don’t think I’ve seen a method before that has multiple different gums active at the same time.

Oh and the protection paste is only used when you have 3xx stability left to buy an extra turn, if it looks like 3 turns won’t be able to finish it. That’s required maybe 20% of the time, just to push the success chance a bit higher to save on time.

1 Like

I might have to play with this method a little myself. It does indeed sound like a challenge. I have often wondered how the low level TNT regen farms could have AOE titanium shovels with dura on them for sale at only 1.5k.

A completely useless fact for you… I have only ever purchased 1 tool from another player in nearly 3,500 hours of playing this game, I have always made/forged my own… that 1 tool was one of those titanium shovels in one of your sand farms! That 1 shovel made me soooooooo much glass!

3 Likes

For hammers, I like to set damage first with just 1 gum and a draining (decon if it misses) then lightness and special with pastes for aoe and busy bee at the same time. Half the time it works out :woman_shrugging: It leaves me with extra vigor to use quirk transmute a couple times at the end if I need.

2 Likes

Once upon a time some people figured out how to get exactly what you want every time you forge, and it was glorious. But then came the nerfs and everyone applauded; the reasoning behind it was they didn’t think any forging method should be easy… And people were actually cheering about this o_O

Also a lot of people quit. Go figure.

I wouldn’t want it to be any simpler… or else everyone would be doing it!! Haha :smiley:

The complexity and RNG just adds to the satisfaction when it all goes right in my opinion. Plus it makes me feel clever :nerd_face:

4 Likes