The future of host

Dear community,

Unfortunately my laptop’s video card has given up
I used the laptop for daily tasks even geforce now and streaming, there’s no way to cure a video card of a laptop or replace one.
The only way for me is playing boundless on a mobile phone , this is only good for a limited time to do important stuff.

What will happen?
No more playing
No more streaming
No more future of farms
Raxxian sanctuary will be in sleep mode

Most of the portals will close and I will let someone take charge of the TNT portal but since I’m not able to play I cannot maintain the future of farms either nomore.(most portals at the raxxian sanctuary will maintain open)

With heavy heart this means the end of me playing boundless ,it’s going to be hard but hey time to finally get some vitamin D right?

Thanks everyone for the awesome time
This is not the end…until next time!

I love you all :heart:

i got forced…to set up a gofundme lol

14 Likes

Sad to see you go, i hope one day you can get a new computer and make a return. You will be missed.

Edit: no idea how you’re getting boundless to a phone? Vnc into the laptop or something?

I’m soon sorry to see you go! One of the most active players on boundless… I wish you nothing but the best and hopefully you can get a new pc and come back. If I can help in any way, let me know!

1 Like

Damn, I learned this through @AdoraLupinatu. I hope you’ll get a solution to come back soon!
I wish I could help, like if it was something small, I’m sure some of us could help you with the cost, but a laptop, big oof bro.

2 Likes

Using geforce now on phone

I’ll be back one day :innocent: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Thank you!

1 Like

I’m going to send you a message on discord.

I won’t be going for a laptop ,I like streaming so I go for a normal low end PC since I’ll be using geforce mainly and it should handle streaming software ,other than that I don’t really care, and thank you bro, but soon not sure I don’t work and limited to sick pay which is lowest of the lowest lol

It is what it is unfortunately my times are over for now :neutral_face:

Sorry to hear @HOST

If there is anything I can do to help let me know.

1 Like

If using Geforce Now from your phone works your video card’s processing capability is most likely fine and the port is probably just damaged. This is both repairable and easy to replace with a USB 2/3 device such as https://www.amazon.com/SENGKOB-Graphics-Converter-Projector-Compatible/dp/B08XQHW8RT/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?keywords=usb+to+hdmi&qid=1660246354&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEySjRKNTRVVE81TVhSJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTQ0OTYzMkdaNVpQTjBXWlVKNiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNjMwNjgyMjJPTURJTFFaSUxWSSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Might be a much more affordable solution.

1 Like

Geforce now…kinda has nothing to do with my laptop :sweat_smile:
I’m talking geforce now cloud gaming

All good bro and thanks :fist_right: :fist_left:

1 Like

This aint good… but totally understand.

Host would need tools to disassemble the laptop, ribbon cable tool to remove the graphics card cable from the mobo and change the graphics card adapter. All while not breaking anything and scratching the mobo like my dumb sorry butt tends to do :stuck_out_tongue:

Laptop screen $150, labor to change laptop screen $500+. Laptops are horrendous to repair untrained/unfamiliar lol I’ve done this, changed screens, changed adapters in the past. Not a chore I even like to do.

Sorry Host for the troubles but breaks are always good but hopefully you can get back up and runnning!

2 Likes

Best is to just change to PC, I just had my laptop because it was working fine lol

3 Likes

More room, more air flow, better components, and more support after 1 year lol

1 Like

Yea much better to stream on a PC. I use a PC just for streaming and PC for gaming. Sadly, I have not streamed in a good while due to being too loud in a smaller place, but plan to again soon.

OBS is great streaming software :slight_smile:

1 Like

Already posted an offer of help in any way I can in discord, will repeat here.

Even if it’s only listening while you or May yap in pm. I’m there. gentle smile

I know first hand what it’s like to be without a pc. Feel free to poke me in discord any time.

2 Likes

Ah, that sucks man :frowning:

1 Like

I don’t use obs I use Xsplit
And please do so!

1 Like