The future of host

This is why (one reason) the world needs (something like) cryptocurrency atm :wink:

Rough though.

4 Likes

Shame, have a ryzen x570 mobo and 700 psu that I pulled out of my PC when upgrading that I could have posted. Sadly Netherlands would prove quite pricey to send it to.

2 Likes

@ghandymarshall all good thanks anyways, bro!

@ardele sweet! and well seems i will have to do it and see how far i get right.

@kemyobra in this heat i skip on vitamin D xD

@SwissHugo
I’m, not a huge fan of that due to pricing, then again I would need a pc/laptop

@Tmmk we need forum games haha I will have to suck it up, I know what I’m missing. the community…boundless.

@MrsStar thank you :heart:

@Blackmage2015 darn just when i cannot play! :stuck_out_tongue:

@Turrican2006 i hope so too bro :fist_right: :fist_left:

@tarranth thank you so much for your kind words and willingness to support me, from the bottom of my heart thank you!

@bucfanpaka its a shame after some months of streaming that it broke, I got given hints already from the laptop some weeks ago while streaming, that the software force closes and it became more often.i should have known…

2 Likes

@Nightstar that’s a legend, I would definitely be watching raxxa live daily!

1 Like

I realy like your builds, hope you are back soon

1 Like

No, @HOST … my dude … is external graphics via a dock a solution, or is it completely screwed?

Sorry I’ve not been around the forum lately, it’s a bit trolly of late.

However, if you were a local UK’er, I’d lend you my spare laptop or GTX970 PC.

Can anyone loan HOST a device nearby?

its not completely screwed just the gpu’s and cpu also runs overheated and the laptop is pretty old, i needed to run GeForce now (cloud gaming) while streaming so i say its to old to bother with an external

however i managed to set up a gofundme! all help is appreciated i wrote my story there as well
every little helps, i picked a PC on a lot of research and recommendations
ill let this run a bit, and will save up myself as much as i can to fill up , it will probably take me until next year haha
thanks to those for pushing me over the edge to do this.

if you can share it where possible :slight_smile:

3 Likes

OK, well, either way, @HOST, I hope you manage to pull out of this dive.

Do you mind if I DM you about it, see what I can do remotely/advise wise?

If you’re competent enough without my mad ramblings I totally understand, but there still might be life in the old monster yet. :slight_smile:

It’s the most I can offer at the moment, as I’m also not in employment … but I do hope this mountain is climable!

2 Likes

you can always DM me bro, im known as wel when it comes to laptops and such back in the old days i fixed many of them ^^ but feel free bro!

and thank you for your support

2 Likes

Have you shopped around on that PC? For the 999 price mark there is quite a lot of choice with higher end ryzen processors and 3070ti. Have a look at ebuyer, they will ship to Netherlands - assuming you don’t want go self build.

1 Like

I always prefer to self-build, but not everyone enjoys that. The downside of self-building for me is I always spend like $3k or more.

@ghandymarshall I did some research and i always come back to that site and that one, the thing is I cannot be picky, the price is already high and I’m happy with anything at this point, but it seems to be 2x better than what I had so I’m already happy about that, it’s only for boundless and streaming ^^

like @Redlotus said i tried also a own build but then you add this and that, and you kinda want better its pretty hard to get a decent basic for under 1k that lasts years to come, then again overtime i can always upgrade when needed

1 Like

Just do what you are comfortable with @HOST

I will say the best investment is always a nice graphics card those tend to be the main driver when it comes to meeting requirements for games. I will also say don’t tie PC requirements to just Boundless we don’t know how long it will be around and sometimes you may want to stream something else.

I know you will say you only want to stream Boundless as I know you, but nothing wrong with varying your streams from time to time.

1 Like

An IT friend of mine always recommends https://pcpartpicker.com/ to custom build a PC. I’ve used the site before.

Also noticed that you’ve reached 59% of your goal. :+1:

3 Likes

Exactly where I go @tarranth pretty decent.

2 Likes

I can always look, all depending on far I get :slight_smile:
@tarranth i know right? excited

Scan do “bundles” and they’re basically a whole computer that you just slot into your existing case (if you have one) … but essentially, there’s a ton of ‘builders’ out there who really don’t charge much to get you what you want full PC or part.

Which is all fine and good, but almost all the time if you phone them up to talk about the build you can talk them in to more discount.

I’m not saying this to use Scan, or a UK company, there are 100% going to be Dutch builders. What’s more, they’ll be great with water cooling.

1 Like

it used to be cheaper to do self build before, but price are kind of the same now even a bit cheaper with a pre-built.

1 Like

Well the good thing about a pre-built from a “system integrator” or builder is that often they will also perform, and guaruntee, mild overclocking into the build.

Plus the prices will be much like self-builds as they can still make money off of using parts that aren’t available to the public, but are almost identical.

It’s always cheaper to get a pre-built usually. In total my newest built was around $4800. It’s way overkill for Boundless, but I play a lot of different games. There is nothing wrong with a prebuilt whatsoever though.

I have built about 15 PCs over the years, and I just find it fun picking all my parts and color coordinating things and running my own cables and all that jazz. It’s not for everyone and at times is a little painful because not all the parts come in at the same time etc.

Prebuilt though usually have great warranties, pretty decent support and other stuff.

2 Likes