The game feels dead

Yes I feel ya, I really don’t mind playing alone. So I don’t pay much attention but I’ve noticed enough to know there’s more ppl playing now than when I started.

no need for that!

2 Likes

I watched the first city I joined die. Turn to grass, one beacon at a time. Was a rather surreal experience as it was a 5 million prestige city with large towers, workshops, etc. but returning to see dead looking brown grass where roads used to be and partially regenerated builds that someone had saved…

And then I joined Gyosha Mall, haven’t been lonely since.

Dead is relative to location… some areas with huge settlements seem dead because there’s nothing to do there. Can’t exactly mine diamonds on a T1 world, so that leaves portals or shops…

4 Likes

Which settlement was that?

Saw the same thing with New Oortia on Storiss II. The guys running it just abandoned it, most of the residents left and it just got swallowed up by The Shire.

The beacons still burn, though. Last time I checked, their portal to PS Grove Te was still active. Can’t imagine it’ll stay that way for much longer.

I never thought I’d outlast those guys.

@Krollbar @chubbycherub
Yes, the Gyosha Mall is not :skull_and_crossbones:
Just now…

2 Likes

Yep, here you go Chubby…

2 Likes

:joy:
pissed my pants haha

To me that’s part of a major issue with these games in general. You build your thing, and that’s that. People may come to visit once or twice, or pass through if it’s a portal hub etc. but there’s little reason to return after that(except shops). Wildstar did a decent job (though how it would translate here, I don’t know) with their housing system and having a reason to check out houses aside from just seeing the cool stuff people build.

Anyway, to Chubby, sorry you’re having a rough go of it. I’m in the process of moving from my solo place to Grindstone (think your place is beside mine, name’s Ramuh) but it has been quiet for awhile. Still, I like the city layout . Definitely recommend you try a busier place before leaving the game, I’m sometimes surprised when I’ve been hanging out at my base for awhile and then go to Finata and there are all these player icons.

1 Like

my suggestion for making coin would be looking for a spot in Gyosha Mall… that’s what I did and I know a few people who have a spot in there and are making decent coin. Maybe give that a try. If business starts to boom you will have something to do since you will need to keep those sales tables full… hope this helps :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks all for the replies. I have 4 settlements and 6 buildings right now. i guess one more wouldn’t hurt xD I will try a busier town then. The highest planet I’m on right now is Flan. It took me hours to carve out the basement lol Which tier 6 is recommended for liveliness? Or should I stick with Gyosho mall

Higher lvl worlds will feel more lonely/distant and portals cost more. Would stick to t3-4 as highest if you want some company.

2 Likes

If you plan to have a shop or want to collect footfall, I wouldn’t recommend anything above a T3 planet. A lot of people don’t like the protections required to get to them, so you’ll have less traffic/sales in general.

A lot of us have places or workshops on T5-6 planets, but have a shop or two in a lower level busier area.

If you decide to set up a shop in Gyosha Mall, PM me and I’ll come help you find a space. I have most of them plotted right now so that they don’t break the settlement. Just bring a beacon, a fuel, and a plotter :slight_smile:

2 Likes

sweet sounds good. i will go check it out once i find it haha

1 Like

Portal at PS Gyosha or Quark.

1 Like

^ PS Gyosha Ophin hub

and there’s a large portal to the mall on the bottom floor of shop portals in Ultima / Finata.

If you PM me where you are, I don’t mind helping Uber you there :+1: :oncoming_automobile:

2 Likes

I went and checked it out and its a nice mall. and so big! How do you own that many plots? lol I will want to build a shop there if that’s cool. I probably wont today but in the next couple of days. I want to get stuff together so I dont have a crappy looking shop lol

7 Likes

I earned some of them by leveling up and to get more I bought some cubits. I mainly just built the roads/structure. The shop plots are owned by diff players.

Some people seem to build their shops in one day :open_mouth: and some are building them over time, as they are able to.

Whenever you’re ready, stop on by :+1:

3 Likes

like my shop haha… will be open sometime in 2019 @majorvex :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Or in another mall/market that is thriving like New Leyden Market! Always people running around there, always someone to talk to if you want. And more and more people are settling there now as well (in New Leyden, they aren’t squatting on a shop spot! :slight_smile: ) which makes it become busier every day!

Nah, New Leyden Market, I tell ya! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Both are good… I’m just more familiar with Gyosha Mall… I can say I have read on the forum positive things from both… so either or will be a blessing to setup shop in

3 Likes