The grind

#true, before Patch i had crazy Heat Problems, now they’re gone… But it felt okay to have Problems getting Medium Coal out the earth and it was okay to have to compress it before you are able to use it.
Now this Problem is gone, i can cook everything without thinking about grinding Coal again, but now i have a Problem to get Bark from a Tree (Trees really have a lot of Bark in RL :wink: ). And i have a really great Problem getting Leaves (Trees got a lot of Leaves too). And in the new Cooking Feature you are using so much Sacks, that it feels like Sacks are for Oortians what Rice is for Asians…

The current Patch kills the Immersion and in my Oppinion this is worse than have to grind Coal for Aeons :stuck_out_tongue: . If the Devs don’t want to make Big changes here, just give me Lore that explains why it is how it is… I for myself just need a Reason :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you for all the feedback.

It is indeed not so much about not knowing what to do about my problem, but rather that some of the recipe requirements seem like a hassle. To get a simple thing like Compacted Soft Coal, it now seems to me that I need to go on a quest to Mordor to get all the required resources.

I would understand this sense of achievement for the end-game related stuff, but not for compacted coal. Where is the glory in that? Standard stuff should remain just that… standard (and rather easy) so you can get into the game and only if you want go for the advanced stuff, now you are getting forced to do it (too early).

The feeling of the stolen candy is more a result of playing a game pre-release. Things can change, but in this game they went to far for the basic things and it is annoying.

I will attempt to follow the instructions mentioned. If they prove rather easy, then fine (sort of). It is not that I am too lazy, but I stated above why this bothers me. If it proves too hard… I will just call it quits. I already showed my GF Creativerse and probably you will lose some players to that free game in that case.

Let’s hope for the best!

I absolutelly Understand you, i have just tried to bring my Point Closer to the Other Points :stuck_out_tongue: (With my very sheit English).
If an Item is in the Common Category (Like Fibrous Leaves) and if it is used like the Leaves in almost every Recipe, it should be as easy to aquire as wood, stone or sand.
I think they should just throw the Sackclooth and Glue Requirements for Copper and Iron Tools, the Leather Requirement for Gemstuff is, like you said, Okay cause you get Mighty Stuff from that.
After that you just have to Grind Sackclooth for Bufffoods and considering the Buffstrength, thats completely Okay for me.
The Coal Situation isn’t really that bad, cause the uncompressed coal produces now a lot of heat and it drops like the Leaves should :stuck_out_tongue:

So yesterday my GF and me made sure we had all resources to craft a set of iron hammers and I was off to Vulpto as instructed by the helpful playerbase. I had to walk a bit to find me some caves, but this is the result after spending about 2 hours:

• Died almost twice (made 1 narrow escape) due to creatures way above my level roaming said caves. They instakill me.
    This is exactly my point. I mention a problem with a basic recipe (at least to me it is) based on resources from a starter planet and I get told to go to a ring world which is basically a lethal environment to me in order to fix my problem with the recipe.

• Found a ton of coal: So yes, if coal generates more heat now, it mitigates the problem, but still, to get this large droprate I have to go to said lethal planet and risk my item durability.

• Investing all skill points of my next level (25) into energy regeneration greatly improved the mining experience. But still… The energy depletion should increase with the use of advanced tools. Lower level chars don’t have that many skill points to spend and this skill is rather boring as it only fixes an annoying aspect of the game.

• Found some silver

• Found absolutely zero gold. I am unsure if I am looking at the right elevation, but I have seen numerous posts references just above lava lakes and boy I did some very close calls to incinerating myself while checking this out. So it was not because I didn’t go down deep enough.

• Found zero rubies or even gems in general, nor titanium.

So instead of a gold rush, it was more like a coal grind to me.

Atlas is a big help to find the ores and gem areas for what you need.

Also, this chart helps you to know the altitudes to look for certain things in:

Boundless resources

And this chart tells you on which planets the gems in particular can be found:

Boundless resources 2

3 Likes

Update on the map though :slight_smile:

4 Likes

IIRC andoweem is much better for gold than vulpto

it would be awesome to go to all planets and do atlas heatmaps for all ores/coals/techs etc to compare frequency.

They instakill you?

That probably means you have not invested any skillpoints in vitality. This is a powerfull skillset! You will be very weak if you stay at the beginners amount of health. Just using the first skill on vitality will already double your health! The monsters on Vulpto are the same as on a moon world. That means that level 3 (strong) is the biggest mob there. With some skills invested in vitality and some in health regeneration (or some health potions) Vulpto shouldn’t be a problem at all.

Gold should be easy to find in Vulpto, but i usually mine in a mountain region there. Maybe you did somewhere else. I just dig down in a mountain area til i get to the lava lakes and work from there. I also bring sand of gravel to build bridges. I do not find it hard to navigate it.

4 Likes

You should check out @Simoyd 's atlas shop :wink:
Big red sign in Moebius plaza. Face plaza sign and look to the right.

1 Like

A lot of people saying to just go visit a higher tier planet… but I say it’s OK to wait! Rather than ring worlds, visit moons with lower mob levels. It’s less dangerous for you and the drop rates are still better than home worlds. Ideally you should be between 20-35 before visiting moon worlds. Gear up with lots of good food and brews for the best results, and try to avoid investing all of your skill points into a single branch. Spread stuff out, 2-3 points into vitality, 2-3 points in energy, a little into regen, even a little into defensive skills. You don’t want to max any skill out until you’re in the mid 40s.

3 Likes

To reinforce this point, the availability of portals on capitals made this issue worse. I’m currently playing my pure solo playthrough from scratch and I’m now at around lvl 18 and still can’t craft Warp Augments comfortably and didn’t find it necessary given the extra effort hence I’m still stuck at home world. (Moon planets have tougher blocks and I also don’t have constant supply of copper tools so that won’t be a good idea. hehe)

If you think getting stuck at home world at levels 10-20 is bad, I find it fair. At level 18, I’ve only discovered 3-4 regions which means the world still has a lot of opportunities to provide that I haven’t explored yet. Though if I may, I want more resources opportunities when exploring rather than just plain “visited” the area. Some more biome specific mobs, resource, etc. (we do have them but probably make them more pronounced?).

Just chill. Don’t rush the progression. It’ll happen eventually. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Unless you have spent points on Luck. Luck changes things greatly. Andoweem is a tier II planet, and for some reason it drops almost nothing compared to Vulpto. Tier III drops are also only 1 with max Luck. :frowning: So much for faster Diamond mining, heh.

I have to say I pretty much started on testing server, so I had conpacted about 3 blocks of coal before the new power requirement…

Compacted coal was kinda just the thing previously. Loose coal was basically the thing you carry from your mine to your home and that’s it. Don’t get me wrong losing easily conpacted coal sucks, but having early conpacted coal was never really justified… Back then 1 soft coal was 0.55 burn - pain in the butt maths. Now, 1 coal is 1 burn, so you dont have to drop a smart stack of coal to mass craft some hammers. In this sense, compacted coal has just become a lot more end game, and I think thats quite okay (as someone who didn’t always have compacted coal).

TL;DR coal compaction hasn’t been moved out of reach, I think it used to be too accessible.

4 Likes

This is a challenge for us to resolve and in a way which is rewarding and satisfying for all players. Previously players could skip the progress and get the best items in the game and do everything. Then we added skills which meant players need to skill up to do things but they could still go everywhere in the game. Then we added more damaging creatures which made it harder to get to those worlds. And we still have more things to add to bring progression to the worlds.

Unfortunately, some players are used to the previous/current setup and when we add a new feature which makes it more challenging to achieve what they could do before they’ll naturally get confused and frustrated. But this is not the true reflection of the final game and a new player who hasn’t experience the way it was before will find a more natural (roughly balanced, more to be done) progression which is satisfying when they finally get to the toughest world, gather their rare resources, defeat the difficult creatures and survive.

16 Likes

Since my original post, I’ve kept on playing and adapted my play style and expectations largely based on the feedback in this thread. So thanks all for your comments.

The most useful advice for me has been to put more points in energy re-gen, which was a game changer, plus also taking a step back, enjoy the ride and try not to rush to do everything.

Im enjoying myself much more now, and look forward to the rebalancing which the devs have now said is coming.

My main gripes still:

Fibrous leafs (aware it’s being addressed soon)

Damage to everything in inventory when you die - I accept it’s important to make dying an unpleasant experience but feel the existing mechanic just adds to the frustrations .

Skill points - another 500 needed, minimum IMO (at LVL 50)

High gem costs for power coils plus then the **** spanners to fix them. I think the T1’s should only need a similar amount of raw gems rather than compacted ones.

3 Likes

The only difference between you and long time players is that we already had our share of “disappointments” eventually realizing that god mode is not the best thing ever :smiley: At one point when skills were introduced there was some miscalculation and you could, with proper skills, jump 4-5 blocks high :smiley: Imagine our disappointment when it was brought back to normal levels hahaha that was fun

Glad to hear you have pushed through disappointment and that you are enjoying the game, sure it still isn’t balanced properly and we’ll see many more updates until it feels right, but good thing is that you know it is coming, devs are awesome! :smiley:

7 Likes

Yes the lack of God mode is a good thing. Have stopped playing Empyrion for the time being because the debug mode was just too tempting and therefore game breaking.

Also agree the devs are some of the best I’ve encountered in a EA game.

6 Likes

Hey. Problem obtaining gem tools? Buy some gem hammers and shovels, get the market turning, make sure u stash them so u dont die with them, and mine coal and gems and resources and sell them.

If your looking for money, try selling at popsicle boys.
Buy tools, sell your gatherings.
Youll come home with more than an iron hammer, and youll have even sold enough to buy 2 or 3 hammers if you use your entire gem one sufficently.

Game is grindy. Game is good. Need to get a work force if you trying to mass the world. #GetEmployeedInBoundless

4 Likes

one off my favorite shops at moment also for bricks :smile:

1 Like