The important furniture system suggestion that should not be ignored!

Well what do you call 1/16th of a block? a centi voxel?

1 Like

1/16 is not a perfect box. that is why i say 1/8th that is the perfect square. after that there is 1/32th which is too small

Here is my suggestion for how the furniture system in Oort may be like! if enough people will like it, i will edit it into the first post! (of course, the designs in oort will be alot blockier. i used those table designs just for the demonstration of the idea.)

1 Like

Another optional way that the developers can implement custom forniture, that will be even cooler, is to have a system that is similar to the custom weapon system in cubeworld:

1 Like

right that 3rd dimension^^ i meant 1/32th and thats far from to small.

1/32th is the point where voxels doesnt matter anymore. i will gladly illustrate for you

please do.

damn my calculations were wrong. the only other square is 1/64th

so its 1/1. 1/8, 1/64th

this is 1/1. 1/8th and 1/64th. let me try to illustrate that on a real block and i will post again

1 Like

I like 1/8th blocks but 1/64th would be great for details :slight_smile:

this is 1 block

this is 1/8th (which i think would fit well) and then 1/64th which i think is too small. this is just my personal opinion though, i like landmark and think its amazing for details. but i wouldnt call it a voxel game anymore.

could someone make a vote quickly? :slight_smile:

sadly only time will tell. i truly hope that they wont go so far, because while it make it look nice it will also make it less of a voxel game, i personally do not play voxel games to look at smooth textures everywhere, that there are millions of games for. but if i get heavily outvoted by other people and the team then there is prob not much i can do about it.

1 Like

I don’t want it to look smooth I just want realistic furniture without having a table plate as thick as my body^^

Customized forniture does not mean “smooth textures”.
It will still be just as much of a cubed-looking game, just that the indoors of people won’t look the same.

You’ll be able to actually create a unique look to the inside of your house, who wouldn’t want that?

fine i give up. but just know when you allow people to do it on furniture they will complain that they cant use it in making houses.

Well, that’s a good point.

I think what i suggested in this post: https://forum.oortonline.com/t/the-important-furniture-system-suggestion-that-should-not-be-ignored/391/23?u=crazyaga Is a very elegant solution.

of course the table top and table models will be much more cubed in game, i used those models just to demonsrate the idea

sorry im really pessimistik on this subject. i would not mind something like that on furniture. i just really hate half assed voxel games who are like ''well we ar voxel game, but we allow people to make things so small that it doesnt actually feel like a voxel game anymore.

You don’t have to have a “micro cube” system to make customized forniture. look what i posted above you.