The Kindness of Strangers

this is a great story. I have seen this sort of kindness in boundless more than any other game I have played.
:+1: to 98.6 of our community

11 Likes

Being a new player, Iā€™m going to guess that you donā€™t know how to get to the Biitula Portal Seeker Hub? lol

I accept all kinds of said ā€œsupportā€ if anyone feels so generous hahaha

2 Likes

Actually, I think (correct me if Iā€™m wrong) what @Jirodyne is trying to say is that the person who tossed some stuff to a newbie shouldnā€™t be looked at as a saint. Skipping progression for a new player is crippling, in a lot of ways, and can cause them to flounder if they donā€™t learn organically. However, if the benefactor had gifted something that wouldnā€™t bypass the learning process, like a higher tier tool (since any tool could be used to gather anything now) it would have been more beneficial to the newer player.

1 Like

1 smart stack of rock for you! :smiley:

2 Likes

Warm yellow rock though, not the good stuff :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Exactly correct. Just opening up a new branch, which he might be curious and try to craft and thus having to grind new materials and extra work, isnā€™t as ā€˜Helpfulā€™ as say if heā€™s only got Stone Tools, giving him some extra Iron or Titanium tools to help him out with the grind for his build, would have been more useful.

I think he got lost. Still waiting for him to show up in the Hub to give him some free items.

Stop feeding him peepsā€¦

5 Likes

That free xp from completing the journal entries for acquiring machines will help though :grin:. Not to mention once you craft a workbench the rest of the machines basically work the same way, minus the forge

1 Like

I do have a fair bit of silk and warm yellowā€¦ however most of my rock supply is warm violet(with some silkberry & light lilac mixed in). :wink:

1 Like

Woo! Stone for the statue haha (in need of metamorphic dark cobalt, sedimentary ashen blue, and eventually compact gold hahahaha)

1 Like

Actually I do know how to get there, what is your shop name and where is it.
I will be coming via sorissi via Kada via gosha ophin

There are many presumptions afoot my post from my experience were the facts as I experienced them.
The rest of it is irrelevant.
Yourself and anyone on here does not know me personally and therefore does not know and similarly should not presume to know what I will or will not do. This is a GAMEā€¦and also a game where you could do one thing and not do anything else if you so choose.
I could spend all my time just enjoying everyoneā€™s creations, or running a shop or building to my heartā€™s content. In any case it really doesnā€™t require a full depth analysis and also a judgement on how I might be laughably crippled by someoneā€™s kindnessā€¦ Again its a game

14 Likes

Some people sadly just donā€™t get that part.

6 Likes

If i were a dog with no tail, how would i chase my tail?

Iv actually seen a dog with no tail do this its quite sad actually lmao

2 Likes

Bro again I was given a TITANIUM Toolā€¦

Donā€™t need my shop name, Iā€™ll meet you in the Biitula PS Hub, my name will be AlbinoRabbit to trade you some items for free. Might need two trades tho lol

A Chisle, I canā€™t give you Titanium Tools, I canā€™t make it, but I can give you some Iron Tools for free to use, so you donā€™t need to waste time or money making or buying new ones to replace them.

Well when the op was a good read and then downhill from there :confused:

3 Likes

Thank you for your offer. My comments were only to bring calmness I donā€™t expect anything from anyone. Therefore the whole point of my post, was that is was a pleasant surprise.
The reason for asking your shop name was to visit and nothing else.
As a avid minecraftee I simply got this game to build creations to blow off steam with nicer graphics and a social element.

1 Like