The Kindness of Strangers

Well if you want to visit my shop, I won’t stop you. It isn’t much to look at tho. It’s in the Biitula PS Hub, named The Iron Tool Shed. Second Row, South Side, right behind the Hub portal in the bottom middle.

Then when you visit, would be better off visiting the rest of the town, than my crummy build lol

In my optimistic outlook every build is an expression of one’s imagination. Be it simple and small or grand I just enjoy the veiw :grinning:
If it’s gleam and nothing but gleam I might run away lol

3 Likes

Rarely Gleam, only on the floor/roof for lights and walls for patterns. Mostly using Refined Stones and Wood. But the building inside is 75% empty, and it’s a massive square lol

Welp, I tried to stay awake long enough to wait for you, but guess I’ll have to find you tomarrow somehow, cause now it’s time for me to head to bed.

1 Like

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Slow down there, Tex. I was simply offering clarification. I took no sides at all, my dude.

2 Likes

No worries all good

I agree help is there in the game…its awesome.thanks everyone that helps us newbies

3 Likes

I gave someone a 3x3 diamond hammer with no expectations of anything in return. Although I guess that was a cruel thing to do because they probably got thousands of rocks and gems and then had to figure out what to with it causing them to grind more.

7 Likes

Wise words.

2 Likes

i do that to all my new neigbors at my house makes ya feel good :smiley:
i love if they dont talk i show up at night trow soup on floor and run away hahahaha
you wont belief the times ive see them months later and better equiped then me :smile:
helping me out later on this is only game where ya benefit if ya give stuff away and it just puts a smile on people if they dont think you have a secret mission and are evil genious lool

7 Likes

And why can’t you make titanium tools?

Sorry just curious…

I was running around kada one day and a person was asking for help. I helped for 3 hours showing him how to play. At the end before I left I threw him 10 tools and a gem shovel. He was gonna build a glass house. This is a fun game. I enjoy helping others

1 Like

A, I don’t have the resources to Make them. I don’t ever Collect Silver or Gold, I’m too busy mining for Iron in Metal Worlds, or trying my luck at Diamonds every once in a very long while. So I can’t make any alloy.

I also need Enriched Bonding Agent, which is an item I’ll never be able to craft, ever. It needs Glue, which is something I already have a hard time crafting/buying just for Iron Tools, (The one resource I don’t farm myself and instead buy it and request it.), On top of that, now need Fresh and Ancient Vital Essence, and worse than that, Shimmering Orbs, and Spark.

Fresh Vital Essence needs Monster Drops, and I’m not a hunter, I hate combat. It’s why Glue is something I can’t farm, I can’t farm Bones. So collecting a mass amount of Monster Drops? Just for a little bit of Fresh Vital Essence? ESPECIALLY when different parts need different ammount, some need spark and some don’t, and some even need power?! There is no way I’ll ever get Fresh Vital Essence.

As for Ancient Vital Essence, I just looked at my fossil collection. Which I’ve never sold any of, so it’s my entire collection from starting the game to now, through all my hours of mining. And It would net me about 1000 Ancient Vital Essence. Sounds like a lot, right? It’s only enough for 2 Mass Crafts of Enriched Bonding Agent, which needs 360 of the stuff each. And that’s IF I can get the other ingrediants too, which I can’t.

Shimmering Orbs. I’ve read so much about these things. Rare T5+ resources, that are super rare to drop, required in all the End Game recipies, can’t be collected by mining for Diamonds, on top of that since it’s used in everything for high tier items, and so low drop rate, the prices for just 1 is very very high. I can barely afford Glue, No way in hell I can afford 36 Shimmering Orbs from the few people that do sell them, per Mass Craft.

Then there is the Spark, Element in most of these Recipies, and in the Titanium Tool crafting itself. I don’t ‘Mine’ for Peat, and no one sells Peat, and using Peat just feel fundamentally wrong for Smelting and Sparking. Instead I use Coal, which I don’t have the Power needed to Compact, nor the ammount to compact them anyways, and unless I go specifically to a Coal World, and waste a powerful 3x3 Hammer farming just for Coal, no way I’ll have enough to fuel both Smelting, and the Spark Elements.

Right now, Iron is just so much easy for me to farm the Iron Ore, bits of Coal along side to smelt it all, hatingly running around collecting wood, found a place where I can collect hundreds of Fiberish Leaves, (Enough where I’ve got exactly 1600 Sackcloth I’ll be using soon), on top of buying Glue when I can afford it from my sales to keep restocking my shop.

What level are you Jiro?

Edit: I ask because my wife and I go to a t6 world, ever since mid 20s, dig down almost immediately, and mine for silver, gold, titanium, fossils, iron, etc and have no problems.

My Miner is lvl 28, all his skills are in Strength, Dmg Epic, Luck, and Hammer Skills, a few skills in Defence to survive in my home Metal Planet, which spawns a lot of mobs to attack me in my home all the time lol, Durability Epic, 5 points to increase all other attributes by 2 each, and 3 points in control cause I learned the hard way, you don’t want to be right up to a wall and hit it with Lava right on the other side. And 4 points in Blast Atmo Resis to mine for Diamonds

I got you… I’ll PM you shortly.

Edit: You’re welcome. See… the kindness of strangers can come in all sorts of ways and completely randomly. Wouldn’t you agree? :slight_smile:

I’d like to play devil’s advocate and say that Jirodyne is still a member of our community, and should be treated as such. Even though (s)he might have differing opinions than the majority of us, we shouldn’t all be ganging up on him/her and publically complaining about his/her negativity. The public forums aren’t a great place to argue, especially not like this. This thread has felt like it’s walking the line of bullying, and it doesn’t sit well with me. Nobody is being straight-up horrible to this player thankfully, but there are kinder ways to go about a conversation, even if you vehemently disagree with another player. (S)he is just as welcome to his/her opinion as the rest of us.

3 Likes

I was just thinking of that bullying concept earlier. Thank you for bringing it up, because I would not have been able to word it so well.
It takes courage to bring up valid points no one else will, and in the face of so many people who are more willing to bare fangs instead of an open mind.
Many points I actually agree on. Some I don’t. Some I would like to agree on.
I think it’s the way it’s delivered people have a problem with, and rather than step back and think on it, they jump straight into a retort.

My husband and I are actually having a lot of trouble getting past the iron wall working TOGETHER. Not everyone works in teams or even groups, so hearing from someone trying to self sustain solo can be very enlightening and something people should take into consideration.
If this is a game you can choose any profession and succeed, then what are we doing wrong?

1 Like

Shimmering orbs arnt rare I have over 400 just hunting mushrooms. Put one in an atlas and u will see them everywhere. Just spend a little time and but an atlas fully explored they go around 500c. Dont say u Cant. You can do it just takes patience. Bones and sap to make glue. Go chop trees. Glue is very easy go dark on kada 1 trees and mons dis fast with little effort. If u need help or wanna join me on my mining runs let me know. Names esper I’m on alot. On a lvl 5 planets though

1 Like

I understand where you’re coming from. :slight_smile: The delivery definitely isn’t always great, but it just bothers me how immediately hostile some people get over some players here. We’re all people, even though we’re anonymous behind a screen. Everyone has a completely unique perspective on life, and some people just see the world differently, even in ways such as players helping each other, and how they go about doing so.

The good thing about the “Iron Wall” is the developers seem to be working hard on changing the progression a bit and making it much more fluid so people don’t get stuck behind ANY sort of wall. I can’t wait to see what they come up with. I’ve been playing solo from the beginning with minor trades here and there, and I personally haven’t had much issue with progression. But I’ve also been here since the VERY beginning in mid 2015, so I’ve grown with the game for a long time.

3 Likes

That’s how we have always played this game, long before settlement, prestige and CoC.

1 Like