The Lead Up To Launch - An Update

Edited: The below is v. 1.02 of this post - we’ve only removed information which is no longer applicable. After working with all parties, this is now resolved and the below post is up to date with regards to all our plans in the lead up to launch

It’s nearly time! With less than a month to go until full launch, we’re busy making our final preparations. We’re just applying finishing touches to the launch universe, and the Early Access universe will go offline for the last time shortly.

As we approach this huge milestone, we wanted to let you know about some changes. The price of Boundless at launch will be higher than it was during Early Access – this was always the plan as we continue to prepare for ongoing development once the game launches and beyond. It’s not uncommon for games to be less expensive during Early Access, to reward players for their support and trust before the game is fully finished.

To that end, the base price will rise at launch from USD$34.99 to USD$39.99 for the Standard Edition, and we’ll be adding a Digital Deluxe Edition which will include some rather nice extras for USD$59.99.

While we make the changes, and prepare the new universe that will be available at launch, we’ve removed the game from sale until full release (September 11, 2018). It will still be possible to Wishlist the game - and of course, if you do Wishlist the game, you’ll get a notification on release day.

The sharp-eyed among you might have noticed that we’ve switched plans a couple of times during the past 48 hours - and we’d like to apologise for the confusion. The truth is that because Boundless is a unique game, there have been a few additional complexities that we’ve had to work through. We’ve been working directly with Valve to find the smoothest route, but we’ve all encountered a few unexpected issues.

Happily, we’re all confident that these have all now been fixed with this final pre-release plan, and with that in mind we’re now focusing all of our efforts on getting the new launch universe prepared for the big 1.0.

Finally, it just remains for us to offer our heartfelt thanks to all of you who have bought, played and contributed feedback over these past few years. Without you the game would be literally nothing – it wouldn’t have been remotely possible to realise the dream of the whole team here to reach full launch and, while there’s so much more to come in terms of post-launch development, we’re really proud of what we’ve all accomplished together.

To recap;

• Boundless has been removed from sale until full release on September 11.
  • The game will cost USD$39.99 on Steam at launch.
  • It will still be possible to Wishlist the game, and if you do, you’ll be notified when the game goes back on sale on release day.

Thanks all

32 Likes

This is so amazing i cant wait!

4 Likes

Okay then, good news I guess.

The itching, burning question on everyone’s minds though… later today? Tomorrow? Next Monday? Inquiring minds would love to know…

3 Likes

:weary: :weary: :weary: :weary: :weary:

10 Likes

I’m going to trademark that word!

17 Likes

I guess shortly is less than soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is it though? :sob:

That great new and just take time for patient. :slightly_smiling_face:

Devs confirmed on Discord that it is “definitely not today”

3 Likes

is it DEFFINATELY this week though?

And @SamF are you 100% that it is shortly as i just cannot wait far shortly after!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

meaning when are we resetting??? i assume it will not be today/tomorrow or the day after? (which leaves saturday/sunday at best)? Just in the way you say things :slight_smile:

also that means DDE is oly available upon release? and nobody who purchases before the 7th will ever be able to play ON the 7th? (which was going to be pre-release)

so now its a case of us guys currently waiting and becoming anxious of when we are actualy ressetting…

And the others (who have not baught yet) saying well Blahblah… they promised us to play on the 7th?

(i know its beyond controll, but thats what everyone is bound to say… )

@SamF

I’d love to pick your brain on the schedule… keeping us hanging really sucks. If its very soon, as in tomorrow, then maybe we will survive another day.

But if you guys think its at least 2+ days away… tell us it will not be until next week. Then we can get our expectations right.

One if the biggest things in life is expectations - meet or exceed someone’s expectations and you’ve got their attention. Fall short, even if what you have is great, and people will walk away.

You guys need to deal more appropriately with expectations.

7 Likes

i am not editing my post above (just for consistency)

But i am sorry i did not notice this part… so pre-launch is still a thing - the 7th will go ahead as planned

I agree with @Aridhol but… the other issue with giving even a basic time frame of it could be in a few days… it could be early next week is… if its another 2>3 weeks it would be the same issue oh you lied to us QQ… bye! etc thats why Sam is being safe with Shortly but i do agree we do need something more than that… somehow

Shortly is a baaad term to use, because it is an impossible time frame to lock down.

Some will be okay if shortly means next week, others will be furious. Its all about controlling expectations. I hope that the devs see this and address it… @Steggs101

1 Like

Indeed. I have leave coming up for Friday and I’m trying to decide if I should mess around because I’ll be playing Boundless’ new universe over my long weekend or if I should play something else until they reset. Please @Steggs101 - a bit more specific would really help :wink:

1 Like

Guys chill… it’s coming.

The reason they haven’t given a definitive time/date is to prevent raising expectations. There’s lots of moving parts to deploy the new universe. If they say “definitely Today” and something unforeseen prevents that from happening, they’re then confronted with 100 angry posts of “but you promised today!”.

We’re all very eager to get in and play in the new universe, but let’s give the devs the time they need to get this right :wink:

17 Likes

So far all bigger updates have been on Wednesday and Fridays, they probably stick with that…

This is not a very fair request. SQUEEEEEEEE

5 Likes

But they have been overusing “shortly” and “very soon” which RAISES expectations - this isn’t a good idea.

They need to come out and say “we promise a 48 hour prewarning” or something definitive to keep us from revolting. Discord is already in an uproar

• this is only an example, not asking then to be literally married to a 48 hour timeline or anything, don’t misinterpret me!

Something like … “all being well, it’ll be this week”?

3 Likes