The Lead Up To Launch - An Update

I totally agree - please do bear in mind though that it’s not a case of us hiding anything or keeping things to ourselves!

We are working hard to have the launch universe ready as soon as possible, but there are a LOT of factors which prevent us from having a hard date. @Aridhol touches on ‘expectations’ above - and it’s a totally valid point. If we were to say, for example, ‘the New Universe is coming on X date’, then our testing throws up a massive issue and we end up having to push it to Y date, then we’ve not met your expectations. We want to avoid that.

So please don’t think we’re being evasive with this - we simply don’t have a hard, final date to share yet. ‘Shortly’ is becoming a bit of a meme round these parts, and I know it sounds like we’re dodging the question, but this is one of the most significant steps in the game so far, so it needs to be just right. With all that said, the sooner we get it in place, the better - and we’ll definitely give a firmer timeline when we’ve got one to share.

Anything else at this point would just be speculation. Frustrating, I know, but it’ll be worth the wait!

21 Likes

Okay - so are you saying we will have some forewarning then, in some form at least, when its good to go? That’s what I seemed to gather from that. " we’ll definitely give a firmer timeline when we’ve got one to share " implies that, no?

And that may not be as good as what we WANT… but probably fair for what we need. As long as we know there will be a definite warning period that we can schedule around, I think that will satisfy some of us.

It just sucks to be day to day, you know? Maybe tomorrow… then nothing, hurts. If we are sure you will tell us at least a day early, then “maybe tomorrow” never comes into play because instead we are waiting for the warning and know its always at least 24 hours (example!) away.

Thanks for your understanding

1 Like

Yes, we’ll give you warning - as much as we can. Once we have it locked down and ready to roll out, we’ll make it clear.

I know it’s frustrating going day to day like this, but we’re right at the finish line now - bear with us!

I can’t wait for 1.0, it’s going to be amazing to see the civilisation form in front of us. Exciting times!

17 Likes

Some of us are revolting enough already :joy: :rofl:

Edit: just in case … that was a joke :grin: …everyone is lovely …even the revolting ones :wink:

6 Likes

Thanks Sam!

2 Likes

@SamF thank you. I’ve run very huge projects and completely support the vagueness because you are trying to pin down a moving target.

You all have been wonderful with the transparency lately as we move to this final stage. Thank you. I am very happy, though, to see that at least you all have acknowledged that you will give a “warning” versus just surprising people. I think this is a good idea and will at least help everyone to just sit and wait in a much more constructive way.

12 Likes

i persdonally think the main issue was … the shop will be closing at noon on the 13th and the reset will happen sortly after, hopefully within the week

everyone (almost) ignored the within the week and only saw …13th… shortly after

Now there are already quite a few post of ** well why wasn’t it launched today…?**

So i am going to leave it there and hope that it will be the latest of friday/saturday/sunday (which would have been within the week time frame) and allow you guys to notify/warn us if something chages that fact :slight_smile:
Stay happy guys… they are trying!

2 Likes

They said they will try to give us a warning, “as much as possible.”

Let us please exercise patience, knowing they have never let us down. No need to pester them now during their most stressful moment to date.

At a car dealership, you buy a new one, and just before rolling it out to you they drive it in their garage to make sure the tires are aired correctly and the fluids are perfect, and they wipe it down one last time. If the car came out and it was anything less, you would scream.

So don’t rush them, I want the wiped down polished game that had that extra little love stamped on it before it rolls out to me. Even if it means only a 5 minutes heads up. Be far greater happy that it is coming than the warning. Once you have it , it’s yours.

2 Likes

Just to make sure i understood the information correctly, if I have a friend that purchases Boundless right now, will they be able to play early when the launch universe comes out, or will they have to wait until September to play?

So @SamF, does this mean those of us who bought backers with an extra code…will get the code? Seeing as those that currently now purchase Boundless will get instant access?

This should answer this Question :wink:

Launch keys are still only usable at launch. They never promised we get launch keys early by being a backer. But it’s still an extra key no matter what. Give it to aunt Edna.

3 Likes

we will begin? when start?

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Cash shop? wait what?

I strongly agree with this. I feel like a ball is being dropped somewhere and were all kicking it but getting no answers. Maybe its time for some friendly waterboarding? or maybe a ride through the sand behind a pissed off wildstock?

I get you don’t know, But you shouldn’t have put a hard date on when the process could start. “Shortly after” was a terrible choice of words, and it will probably haunt you for some time.

When is launch…

cat%20soon

Thanks Devs for all your hard work :blush: and I know it will be fabulous when it is here. We can wait a bit more. We want to make sure you all are ready :purple_heart:

13 Likes

I think a good way to deal with expectations regarding this would be to say “X Day at the Latest”, and to make that day a target that it would be verrrrrry difficult not to hit… Say, Saturday the 18th at the worst ? (PLAYERS DO NOT QUOTE THAT DATE I AM NOT A DEV) If everything goes up in flames and half of your staff calls in sick and the studio is struck by a meteor, this is the date that you know everything can still be completed.

Then, you still give a good ballpark idea of what to expect… If it takes up until 11:59pm on that date, people aren’t necessarily excited but they’re not offended. If it finishes BEFORE that date, people feel like you threw them a bonus.

Setting the expectation of “the best possible time or later” only allows you to look like you’re falling behind. Setting the expectation of “the worst possible time or earlier” only leaves you room to appear more successful than originally planned.

2 Likes

but if the latest of reset is X day and the office has a power cut? the servers have glitch what then?

ok i see you figured that in lol

1 Like