The mining profession

So I’m struggling to find love for the mining profession, it really needs tweaking.

One thing i mentioned before was that block break speed should be at least as fast as minecraft if not faster. Since this game should be boasting miles more content than minecraft, there shouldn’t be a need to submit players to mind-numbing monotony. I mean it’s less brain-intensive than the worst xp grind in any mmo :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve seen groups of players strip mine together, to get a decent block-break speed. Works very well, and I could see some mining guilds come out of this.

But I still think the fun won’t last forever, so one thing I was thinking of was accelerating the block break speed as each mining session goes on. Say I’ve been mining fairly consistently for 5 minutes, i get a little speed boost. It could go on accelerating until it plateaus at a particular speed. If you take a 3 minute break, it resets and you start over.

This would not only make the profession slightly more enjoyable alone, I think it would encourage mining guilds as well. The speed boost could even be affected by the numbers of you mining in a local vicinity.

1 Like

Check out the attribute and proficiency trees on this Dev Log post. The break speed you’re dealing with now is the baseline and it only goes up from there. I think once players put some skills put in hammer proficiency and power and have a nice supply of iron hammers things should be much better in terms of mining speed.

3 Likes

Interesting, well you’re right that could solve it all!

I still think that mining is one of the professions that could benefit most from some sort of acceleration based on time spent in a session though :blush:

I agree based on what we have to play with right now but I’d like to see how the skill system influences it and other functions of the game.