The plan.... still there?

I’d love to see this too. I’m not against changing directions, but this absence of roadmap or any outline what’s to come is really sad. How devs went on in EA is 180 degrees from now, ok, maybe 90 degrees :yum:
I’d really, really, really appreciate to have some insight into what we can expect, even if it’s completely different from past announcements.

1 Like

soo… missing mine-able oort, titans, protectors, tamable animals, player races, umm… oort temples… i guess you could argue more unique animals, oh armor/clothes… … more planets?

the video didn’t mention anything about farming, meteors, crazy chisel system, block tinting, reclaim / prestige / other beacon features like capitals, grapples, guilds / guild buffs, forging / any kind of equipment customization, seasonal events, exo worlds, skill system, consumables, atlases / resource scanners, and probably a number of other things that aren’t coming to mind atm

what current features would you trade for the ones mentioned in the video?

Oort temples, tamable animals, and titans would be the only one i would even think to consider (and in that order) and i can’t say that I would trade any of our current features for any of them since i feel these new features would depend on the foundation already in place… sure they could throw a ground basher in a mud hut and call it a titan in an oort temple for name sake… but to do it right i feel they need more foundational features in place =)

16 Likes

They already have 100 mil? Yeesh

WS needs to hire their PR guy

What are the main differences between star citizen and starbound?

2 Likes

Starbound is fun. lol

3 Likes

lol that’s a good one :rofl:

2 Likes

meteors i would love to exchange for titans and protectors.
The meteors is a nice game mechanic but it are the same mobs as there are in the wild.

I prefer cloths and armor over the guildbuffs and consumables. It would be more visible what the job of someone is. heavy metal knightish armor for tanks as cloth for fast dodgy rangers :stuck_out_tongue:
The character creating system gives alot of colour optimalisation… yet you cant really differiante with a race or skill

The game comes over as a exploring building game. Eventhough the planets are really nice and different. Indeed the return of all the common animals makes it formiliar. it would be nicer to see the wildstock mixed, like it is a familie… and an other type of animal on an different planet. But they are besides colour and tier, quite te same

5 Likes

Oh wait starbound is that 2d game
Isn’t there another 3d voxel game sort of like star citizen?

I meant starbase. And dual universe too @AvaDancer

1 Like

idk. If there is, I would like to check it out.

fair enough… I think it would be awesome to have armor as an additional layer of buffs/skills/job-defining-traits that could replace guild buffs and maybe even consumables on the sort term.

I think this would make a lot of people happy… at least until the newness wears off and the protectors become “just another mob” and Titans become so familiar that they can be defeated with our eyes closed =P… i think titans would benefit greatly from the random buffs creatures currently have along with quite a few more random element to keep them fresher longer.

I would even be tempted to trade meteors for titans since it would be one group activity for another (i also feel Boundless needs more group activities in general)… but would we want oort tied to Titans?.. or hand yet another highly valuable resource over to miners? Go back to the original implementation of higher level mobs dropping oort out in the wild?

3 Likes

i though they said that Titans give sourceblocks that function as engine for moveable objects
I think the bad part is that they didnt update their website… giving maybe outdated information

4 Likes

All this brainstorming is useless if devs are not answering (once again)… wich i hoped they would.

5 Likes

that would be awesome! BUT I’ve never see anything from the devs that would support that (other than the video with the Titan/fortress-thingy with moving parts at the end) There is the “titan flesh” as a block in the sanctum… but that’s just a block / resource with no use that is currently known.

Edit: “make your own floating contraptions” I mean players make floating stuff all the time as it is =P sure you can let your imagination run wild and equate that to moving building parts hehe

i edited my post posting a screenshot of where i read it, with floating i though of moveable… but i think they wanted to add gravity to blocks? hahaha

oh i guess its a matter of interpertation. Technology used for making your own floating contraptions

2 Likes

lol yeah interpretation is a tricky thing… To be honest i like yours better than mine! I generally prefer and like builds that at least look plausible in the since that they are not just floating, one block thick, platforms in the sky with some stuff on top of it. Some sort of support or structure/technology to justify it being there can really add to a build… but then there is the challenge of stifling creativity by adding some sort of gravity system :man_shrugging:

1 Like

So I’m not the only one that wants more clarity and communication from the devs who (for the most part (afaik)) share details and updates in private with specific members of the community instead of proposing/spilling the beans on a proper roadmap for the game. @james @Leahlemoncakes … Roadmap please? Whats the status of things?

• Player Owned Planets
  • Titans
  • Additional Races
  • Additional creeps
  • painting system expansion (Able to spray paint more than just basic WOOD and STONE blocks)

And so on…

1 Like

I don’t think they will actually answer in a way we would be happy with, but that they haven’t answered yet to this thread is probably because when you posted it, it was Friday evening at 11pm (UK time), now it’s a Saturday. They don’t reply very often on a Saturday…

4 Likes

I think they would love to do this… BUT I feel they also don’t want to share stuff unless they are confident it’s coming fairly soon. I mean they felt confident enough to place the Hunter creature BEFORE farming on their last several road maps and look what ended up happening… and how many players became unhappy that the hunter still wasn’t released… and how many times they gave updates on the hunter saying “it’s still coming…” just from making videos, i can say that sort of thing gets very tiring after a few repetitions… video/project x is still coming… there’s been another set back… it’s still not where i want it… I’m not happy with the current state, it needs some more work… starts to sound more like excuse making than anything… generally better to talk about other things that are closer to being finished or just don’t share anything until it’s almost done =/

Edit: every once in a blue moon, James will share a tid-bit with me about something that might be coming… most of them are still not in the game despite talking about them months to years back… :bread: :brain:

4 Likes

And this just confirms

I feel left out. FeelsBadMan … Not that I want personal private updates, I’d rather the updates be announced to the public and not to just specific users.

3 Likes

It’s fine to reminisce over previous things & players should get what they were sold…however…
That was a theatrical trailer from years ago, under a different name.

Maybe they are using different languages now, maybe some devs have come & gone since then, perhaps they decided to slightly alter their original vision?

I mean, it’s great that players don’t look like sweet potato fries running around anymore lol.

We now have farming, Exo planets, new fuels, paint, guilds, special events, rental/creative planets are on their way…

6 Likes

I think that was a perk of oortian backer level - monthly updates or phone calls or something. But I’m not sure where I read that and would need to double check. As far as I’m concerned if it’s true though; they paid for it :woman_shrugging: Seems fair.

3 Likes