The problem with the nerf train

Wait, you can pin recipes? I actually didn’t know that, not trying to troll. Where/How?

2 Likes

u still didnt explain the problems gathering large amounts of ressources. It is possible. Some people do it, swimming in ressource, feeling like richie rich. Why do some players have a problem getting there? Btw if u only early game, pls dont expect to have everything at once >.<

Then there is the other point u made: lololol just buy it noob. i didnt say it, and i dont live by that… i only bought very few things from other players. but it has some truths: if u cant get an item or dont want to spend time for it, then it theres always the market to turn to. This is actually pretty great for the market when its not possible anymore to just get everything on ur own in 0 time.

Haha fair enough, yes you can. Its in the tab menu under feats :wink:

3 Likes

Well, time to take my own advice then, and see if that helps! Thank you!

3 Likes

This is the last comment of yours I am responding to, for my own sanity mainly.

The issue isn’t that it can’t be done, it’s that it isn’t fun to do (for some/most?) and yet it gates off the actually fun part of the game all the same. Yes, I can go out and farm those 26000c per hour of mats, anyone can, but that is double un-fun for me because 1) I’m a crafter and need those mats too and 2) I’m a crafter and would rather be crafting. Obviously, if you are a builder/crafter you need mats, I’m not saying I just want to hit a button and have 100,000 of everything (no one is), but I (and others, it seems) would rather be able to go out and get our own mats than work for the market in order to get tools to go work for the market to get more tools to… etc.

If you still don’t get it, agree to disagree.

1 Like

???
im all for u making a gatherer and go out to gather mats for urself. thats my actual point that u should lol
and when u really good in gathering u dont need the market at all. But its possible to gather so large quantities that ur eyesblls drop out so i dont understand why some people have problems getting mats for their crafter… still u havent answered on this
and why is it unfun in a game revolving around gathering mats and crafting them to build something nice to do one of those tasks? u lost me on that too
Of course u run into problems with supply when u “only” want to build because theres the nagging question that reality poses to u: what material are u gonna use in ur build.

i think the biggest issue is that increasing grind through nerfs is what the dev’s think the meaning of balancing is. 5 friends that bought the game when i did have already stopped playing due to grinding more then having fun in game. i am logging in less and less. Logged in yesterday for a little just to top up beacons. At it’s core it’s a great game. Unfortunately it is starting to cater more and more for people who have the time to grind or large guilds. People post all the time saying go grind for an hour and get all these resources. Thats some peoples max available play time. Small groups and solo players log on to grind with the off chance that they might experience some fun.

4 Likes

For me this game has a lot of interesting content, i really don’t feel they should make most of us spend 60% -80% time to gathering. I really wish i can have more time to build, to gather , to hunt , to just walk around to see the beautiful world and meet more people.

For me, as an old players with tons of end game tools, also i totally refuse to mine right now instead of running other business for increasing the time to play other contents.

The direction of nerf only make a lot of new players harder to play.
Its only slightly effect players who can forge the best end game gears in the current patch.

So i really don’t feel this kind of nerf is balance the economy in the game so far.

Right now is like rich people will get more rich, and poor people still poor.

Which make me really confuse why they want to make new players suffer at such difficult gathering experience.

We are trying to help a lot of new players, but most of them still feel too much grinding as well.

3 Likes

A couple points:

• The game was released too early. Progression, mining, resource spawns, and recipes were not balanced when the game was released, and, as a result, needed a solution after people were already used to the way things worked. No matter how badly a fix was needed, the real solution would have been to have fixed these issues by testing them more in beta before an official release. But we can’t go back in time. So everyone needs to ask themselves if they’d rather the fix comes now, never, or buff everything else.

• Sometimes people are confusing general burn-out with nerfs that require new items to grind. I personally had a little week-long break at one point. It had nothing to do with a patch or nerfs. Instead, I simply needed a break for a while, and didn’t find myself logging in that much. I almost found myself blaming game grind, but when I came back I realized it had nothing to do with that. I just needed a break. That’s all. Now I’m playing more than ever, even though I now have to farm waxy earthyams, mud and ash as well.

1 Like

rich people get only rich cause they act inside the game effectivly.

@Cossack1977 its actually catering to the people who have time to play the game. looks like u and ur 5 friends dont. There is no time limit in this game except the fuel for beacon and portals and those are fairly easy to obtain. u dont have to gather this or that ressource within this one hour in that u play the game.
Come back whenever u feel that u miss the game, cya

Depends on how you define that I think.

Many got there through forming groups (some very large) to handle individual aspects of the game. Which simply goes back to the feeling that grouping is becoming forced rather than a choice.

Some people like grouping, some like doing things on their own. What I always fail to understand is why the people that seem to like things ‘the hard way’ (which is a valid choice, and theirs to make for themselves) are so often totally unwilling to come to some kind of solution or compromise that allows both groupers and soloers to play ‘their way’ and still have fun and prosper. It’s almost always an “If you don’t like it, go play something else” type of response.

Also, a lot of them got tons of levels and thousands of of gems bomb mining. :man_shrugging: Irrelevant to the current discussion of grind though I suppose.

In other words, if someone doesn’t like to play the way you do, they should just shut up and go home?

Not. Helpful.

I’d love to see some more suggestions about how this could be balanced to allow for both playstyles, or at least some civil, constructive discussions on it.

Maybe there is no way to have both in one game, or in this game. Maybe the devs will decide to keep on this path that feels more and more grindy to some of us. Maybe they won’t. Maybe some people will leave, maybe some will stay.

But we can (should) at least try to respect each other’s opinions and not be acidly dismissive whenever someone disagrees.

The last thing we should want is to divide or destroy this community (one of the best I’ve seen in an MMO-ish game). Not to mention, dividing this playerbase leaves only half as many people to support it. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

no u misrepresented my words.

if someone is complaining about not having the time to achieve anything in the game i simply can say that hes either doing it the wrong way or he has really little time available or he is stuck somewhere in early game because hes refusing to adapt for several reasons.
i didnt tell him to go home… he said he wanted to leave the game or plays it at least not very much.

Yea, understandable. And if you could do everything at max level, I’d agree that the leveling needs to be harder. But you need multiple characters, some people say 9 is the magic number, others suggest up to 15. So start multiplying that 3weeks with the number of skillsets you actually need in order to be able to do anything. The numbers start making a bit more sense, personally.

1 Like

Maybe I misinterpreted the tone, …though it still doesn’t feel like I did.

If I truly did though, I apologize.

i didnt say anything about how he should or shouldnt play the game and i didnt sent him home, so ya i think that was a misrepresentation of what i said
cossack said hes feeling that the game caters to people with time to grind and big guilds and i said that the game caters to people who have time to play the game… in what way did i tell him to play the game my way?

I really would like some dev feedback on all the past, current and future plans for nerfs. Whether you call them nerfs, balance, necessary change, the bottom line if you’re making something harder, less effective, or more time consuming you have implemented a nerf. Hopefully my current style of play has no nerfs queued up for the chopping block as I am finally able to enjoy the game in peace.

Soo what can we expect for the next weeks/months/years…? Will we continue to see just random trash ingredients added whimsically to existing recipes because nobody is using them? Not threatening to quit but I do not find this appealing. I want to see interesting/useful/good/fun/positive changes.

1 Like

I for one do not give a care in the world about “twitch steamers”. If someone is as weak minded to leave because some person playing in their house says so, then they are weak-minded tools.

I fell into that camp (weak minded tool) but I ignored public perception and wanted to try this game out myself. When this game was released, everywhere on the internet say this game is pay to win, but it clearly is not.

4 Likes

You may not, but in 2018, streaming is the primary advertising for indy games. It matters.

2 Likes

Thank you!

5 Likes

Fine, but it should be balanced for solo play as well.

1 Like