The soul system (remade)

I removed the blood part :smiley:

so the altar has virtually no function? you see how far out you are now? xD

but thats why i said you would need a shrine or an altar to combine Glyphs and stones

You confuse me :smiley: Ok you need a shrine to combine souls and runes but an altar to harvest it :smiley: after you’ve crafted the scythe the altar is useless tough :slight_smile:

how the hell would you use an altar to harvest it? then we are back to the point of having to carry the animal.

ok you’re right. Maybe you first have to find a basic binding rune that binds the soul of a dead animal to the location where it died. Then you can use a phial to harvest it. Then you craft a harvesting rune and with the harvesting rune you craft a scythe. Now you can harvest souls everywhere :smiley:

that seems unneccesarily complicated… also i imagine they will make scythes as weapons if you keep asking. so dont worry. you will get to play around with scythes

But souls shouldn’t be easy to get :smiley:

It Would be the equvilant of skinning, just taking another part

This seems entirely too complicated for this game.

What’s about an option that you lose only a part of each stack (for example 1/2, rounded up)? … Or are you willing to add craftable bags with only little space where you can put stuff you don’t want to lose? … Just asking :wink:

That would be the ideal death drop system imo. Dropping everything in your inv seems too severe if this is a skill based combat system, only dropping a couple things wouldn’t provide enough reward. I Think it would be great if players got like 3 slots for tools / weapons that couldnt be dropped. It would also be nice if you didnt lose your clothes/armor.

You guys know there is a topic for this thing about dropping inventory right?
https://forum.oortonline.com/t/death-toll/227/11

we know. thats why we remade this topic.

his idea was that you would save stuff with souls. we pointed out all of the flaws and he saw that it didnt work, so we went over to discussing how you can actually use souls in the game, hence why i talked about a rune system.

1 Like

Ahhh now i get it i will post a link in the other thread immediately as it is a proposed solution and a lot of problems about such things is mentioned.