The World Slide

Just note the people that say this is kind of abusing the ability to gain feats has some valid points. Traditionally regions were meant to be discovered with an Atlas and the person walking around. Not just “given” because of someone is leveraging portals and then adding a slide on it creating almost no work to discover.

I’m not trying to create an argument here but people aren’t inherently bad because they prefer to play the game in the more original fashion and don’t like tactics that can make the game feel cheap to them or not a challenge. A person that supports original game play does not mean they are against allowing people to play in a variety of ways.

Personally I could see this be more of a private planet feature and where it should be since most planets already have many region centers plotted so it would be hard to achieve.

1 Like

Fair enough

I respect that and totally agree that it is kinnnddaaa creating a loophole BUT to counter that argument because I’m THAT guy sometimes…

You can buy completed atlases :sweat_smile:

I’ll admit I play the game in a way to min/max everything I do and help others do so as well. Some will hate on this, I respect that. Others will love it.

All I say is use it or not - up to you!

I love this community!

Guess I’d better start hunting again :sweat_smile:

In an ideal world if would start in 1 area and just keep going until all T_ world regions have been discovered.

1 Like

A friend and I toyed around with this idea when I was new, but at the time it seemed like an unimaginable amount of oort :rofl:

Roughly 3600 stones per 5 weeks or you could run it for about 1m coins for the same time frame at current market prices, if you could find that much for sale. 720 rough per week is a lot more than I hunt but since I’ve hunted more than that in a day it doesn’t really sound insane.

I think you would want to drag it out with a couple of plots per region and get some alts in on it. I don’t rely on footfall but then again I’ve never gotten much - if I built an attraction like that I’d want to ‘optimize’ a bit. If you’re doing it solo get them all guild controlled so one toon can collect footfall.

I would consider a 3 plot slide per region, maybe 2. Considering it as a noob I was thinking 2 but I was also plot poor. This might allow some players with faster connections to slide smoothly - I don’t know if anyone can open a portal as fast as they can slide 8 blocks downhill, and past 3 plots the avatar won’t trigger it, 2 might already be near the limit.

You could put a sort of funnel at the exit side that would help keep characters aligned but I’m not sure if they would turn coming through the portal or down the slide a little. Trying to run from the megahub to norkyna it seems like I always need to move side to side a little. I can never just hold “W” and get all the way.

If the beacons aren’t too large compactness won’t be an issue really but I think you need 6 plots to make a valid settlement now. They can be vertical though. I’m not sure how easy it would be to find the spots since at low level region centers attract settlements and at higher levels they attract platforms.

Anyways there’s some of my random thoughts on it. Be prepared for a little stress I suppose since it’s going to be hard to put 50 separate beacons on any planet without running into someone, especially at region centers.

1 Like

This is an awesome idea. I was at one time going to create a series of slides to tour our favorite cities, but when I did the Oort math I was going to have to hunt a LOT :frowning:

I had a few slide experiments going for fun but they all expired when we had a loss in the family BUT I must say I am sooo thankful that all was not lost! Thank the devs for the recent beacon packing patch whatever it’s called!!!

I’d like to be part of this 50 regions slide if I get back into Boundless soon, if it’s on a US planet… Comcast hates Europe for some reason.

1 Like

Yup that’s 100% possible :+1: but the cons would be the unimaginable amount of oort and finding the region borders.

But PLEASE if you make this, make it underground or at least look good (no floating eyesores :wink: )

3 Likes

start with small network and then make a nice thread about it asking for people to join i can cover nia zed ka for ya and install one in the themepark metro there
dont worry about the abuse to get achievements thats not what its being build for so zero problems here
also dumb cheaters need take a hike and stop nerfing cool stuff for dumb loopholes

1 Like

Question… has anyone tried the “One Jump Ahead” Quirk? as it makes you jump even when afk.

that might be enuf for the portal to say “K, there is a person there… open portal. thx”

2 Likes