Things non-bounders say

Inspired by the grinds my gears thread. Im guessing some of you may have other people in your household that dont play boundless, and have no understanding at all about why you spend hours breaking rocks and making grunting noises at strangers.

My girlfriend is one of those, and her thoughts on the game are pretty interesting.

When asked what she thought i should name my alt, she looked at him and said “nice loincloth, definitely 'spaceman tarzan”.

She also calls cooked earth yams the “burnt pineapple walking stick”.

6 Likes

lol I have some one in my house who thinks the game is plain dumb and isn’t worth stay awake till like 12pm because you were in the middle of something important to the point were you falling asleep while in peoples shop while they look at probably wondering what your doing because you have been standing there for like ten minutes or I go mining and fall asleep and that I like to call sleep mining
which apparently I seem to have better luck with :rofl:

2 Likes

my partner saying ‘awww, did you die again?’ after racking up my fifth death penalty in quick (but not quick enough) succession.

2 Likes

My father used to say about other similar games: “Oh, breaking rocks again?” and then would mimic the noises. I’m sure he’d say the same about Boundless if he got the opportunity.

4 Likes

Haha… thats just mean

Lol… my gf does that one too. Walks round the house making clicking noises, as if she thinks were bonding. Haha.

1 Like

Thing is, she doesn’t even realise it’s mean, and wonders why I get so grumpy about it.

And explaining won’t help, so I have to just suck it up, and say ‘yep’ on as neutral a tone as I can muster.

4 Likes

I really don’t care what non-players say. Why? i don’t understand why people are so into Fortnite or Red Dead Redemption 2 either. So my philosophy is play and let play.

4 Likes

I try not to associate with outsiders…

7 Likes

GF: “Are you playing with your Yabo-Friends again?”
Me: /wave

10 Likes

Mine doesn’t care what I do/play lol. He does his MW fps stuff (I join him sometimes), and I do my MMORPG thing. It all works out :wink:

I took my headset off the other day while I was fighting a meteorite…he heard the loud weird Gary-the-snail sounds the cuttletrunk was making and said “wth is that?” lol

6 Likes

My wife walks by. Her eyes dart to the screen. She says nothing, just a pause and a quick glance away focused on something distant She moves on.

4 Likes

“Did you leave the fridge open?” by him…
Me: “Nope it was just a Hopper whistling”.

“Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick…” by him…
Me: “Well, yes, i turn off the sound, forging will take longer.”

2 Likes

my gf thought at first that when i used my grapple , that it was a spiderman game block version.
how silly can ya get…

2 Likes

My hubby’s remarks are usually “what happened?” when I go" OH S%*T !" Then when I state why, he goes, “oh, that’s all?” Like it was no big deal that I just died.
Or I go “Vengeance is Mine!” and I get from him “What?” my response “Frigging spitter killed me” and again get the “oh” in the tone of so what, no big deal. It is to me! LOL

4 Likes

My gf says il est dans son monde virtuel de PlayStation but I don’t have a Playstation :grin: she also always ask does it have tetris so dev help me out here lol

1 Like

«Why not make round towers…?»

2 Likes

Gf: "oh, your breaking rocks again… ill get some headphones
Me: “Glad we could agree”

2 Likes

‘‘things non-bounders-say’’

i’m going outside.

5 Likes

My 8 year old, whose a big minecraft and fortnite enthusiast, tried the game just after I bought it during the PS4 release. He quickly lost interest after getting tired of the grind. He called it “Minecrafts boring cousin”.

Then about a month he watched me hunt meteors, forge god hammers, mine 600 diamonds and clear out the base of a mountain in 30 mins.

He’s now playing boundless regularly! And regularly raiding my stock of tools, hammers, and grapples ! Lol

8 Likes