This is no longer fun

My way of finding iron has been to look for mountains and cliffs that go down to water level, and check out underwater areas which have rock directly exposed. Try worlds like Septerfon and Epsilo too, they have a lot of ocean and tall cliffs as well. Randomly exploring cave systems seems to be a waste of time for iron (and copper too)

That is a viable option on Solum so far (high up caves) but on therka itā€™s pretty much dig into mountains thats the best

My derp for the day

1 Like

As promised Iā€™ve shared some raw resource details in this devlog post.

8 Likes

Thanks Iā€™ll take a look

As mentioned before, I concur that Solum is a decent place for iron. I visited 3 caves (randomly), and was able to walk away with about 45 iron. Be prepared to grapple alot. Said caves were under HUGE ice mountains. Aside from the 45 iron I walked away from, I have a few hundred pieces of coal, copper, and silver. Also, manage to accumulate about 15 or so pieces of Ancient Tech Fragment; and the super bonus 1 Ancient Tech Component. I did not have to dig through any mountain to get all of it. They were all surface veins in the caves that you can see, and you just have to dig to get it. That session took a few hours, but I was going at it slow because of all the lag I was getting. Having said that, I found it easier to find Copper, Silver, and Gold than Iron.

And, I am going to add another comment here; and I mean no offense to any of the players, just expressing my thoughts and my feelings about the rarity of iron, fragments and components. Your builds are breathtakingly beautiful, by the way. With that out of the way, every time I walk through a player owned tunnel in the mountain, I see some Ancient Tech Fragments, Ancient Tech Components, and Iron sealed away; I canā€™t help but think what a waste.

1 Like

Tech components are fairly easy, I found 67 in one cave at around 86 elevation on Alturnik

Unfortunately, thats not the case on Vecna. According to the spreadsheet that was shared about the distribution of resources, the whole of Vecna has a total of 3 componets. If said components were sealed away by a beacon/s, everyone else trying to get 1 is screwed. Its a good thing my base is near a gateway to other worlds, all thanks to @Jeffrotheswell you made my life easier; I was only able to obtain 1 by luck in Solum. Having said that Solum has over 1000% more tech components than the other starter worlds. I shudder at the thought of trying to get one if those gates didnā€™t exist.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure someone would be willing to port you there if there werenā€™t any portals. If you need any tech components. I could give you some.

1 Like

iā€™d be happy to give you some as well, as i said, i got 67 of them

2 Likes

Thx for the offer. I might take you up on the offer at a later date. At the moment I do not need any yet. Still busy trying to complete my Refinery, Mixer, and get some sparks. Although, I am not sure which order I should make those machines in yet. Should I go Refinery, Spark Core then Mixer, in that order?

refinery, spark core, mixer. youā€™ll run into a need for the refinery to make the mixer, and youā€™ll need refined blocks for the spark core too

Thank for the information. Now, do I need to make pipes to join the spark core up to all the machines or just the workbench?

you need to create spark cords to connect the spark core to all the machines. all the machines have different uses for spark (depending on material)

I BELIEVE, you can connect via machines as well, meaning spark is carried through a machine, as if it were another cord

2 Likes

Ok. Thank you much for the info.

no problem boblem

400 iron in less then 2 hours, on Epsilo islands, underwater exactly

8 Likes

:boom: Epic discovery! :boom:

Coolā€¦what is it?

1 Like

Well I know where Iā€™m going when I get off work