Thoughts on Souvrein Worlds

The problem haves absolutely nothing to do with sov worlds, the problem is boundless simply doesn’t have a very large player base for various and unfortunate reasons.

The game needs to be made at least modestly successful to get players to come and stay if you want to see the main worlds or any world for that matter more populated.

I am a vet, in fact i am a Bitter Vet, I been playing since 2018 or so, and I lived on Imdaari for nearly all of my time playing this game. and I have absolutely no want to buy or live on a sov and be chained to having to pay a monthly fee or risk losing all of my work. Not everyone wants to be held at gunpoint into paying a monthly fee or risk losing everything they built on the world. So I suspect quite a few, like myself, will refuse own and build on sov worlds which will vanish the moment the money stops going.

There are more suvreign worlds then there is normal worlds. That in math sense if u have 1 person on 1 suvreign world and 1 at every normal world then there is a 50 split. 50 People on Souvrein worlds and 50 on normal worlds. Obviously there is less on normal worlds. And this will become more prevelent when People see they can buy their own world, worlds. With 100 People in avarage plays boundless on pc then it becomes empty on normal worlds because they spend their time om thir own planets. That not always is connected to The Hub or other planets.

It makes The old world less populated. Thats a numetic fact :smiley::ok_hand:

Instead Theese People on Souvrein world could roam The normal worlds and make them seem populated, witch is allready an issue. And making it even more obvious to new players.

I understand The convinience with full planet to Hunt, and other convinience with making The worlds fit youre need. I wish i could do The same in Guildwars or world of warcarft. But they don build The game for me.

And I hazard most of them are just sitting there. Quite a few sov worlds are created with absolutely no intent on being kept, because of the ruddy RNG nature of buying a sov.

Technically speaking, I suppose, but that impact, I honestly don’t think is nearly as great as you are making it out to be. I could be wrong, but I am reasonably sure, if all of the sov worlds were shut down today, you wouldn’t notice much change in the amount of people you see.

3 Likes

If you put everyone on a homeworld and not a sovereign I doubt you would see any more people than you do now. I scan all the sovereigns bi-weekly which requires me to visit every homeworld and I can’t say I ever see many people and I would be willing to bet more people are on the homeworlds than are actually on sovereigns.

The game has a VERY large universe even without the sovereigns … people would still be very spread out and you would still not run into anyone, at least no more than you do now.

Of all the players I know, only a couple are on a sovereign with their actual base.

2 Likes

I relly dont know because there is more vet players Then Newcommers i beleve. And vets has proned to buy their own planets. With an avarage in 60 players on Steam… And just in this forum is 60 :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

If there are just 60 people playing (which there are more) you could almost put 1 person on each Homeworld … as there are 50.

On top of that… I started on Angel I when the server was busier and never saw anyone for nearly 3 weeks other than my friend who built next to me.

On that note, this isn’t going to be too productive, so I’ll bow out of this convo now.

4 Likes

I like sovereigns. They’ve been an overall positive addition to my game experience.

I also think a lot of people, myself included, might have a sovereign and not have their home beacon on it, so they still spend the majority of their time on the permanent worlds.

5 Likes

Your math is a bit off. You are implying that a person owns a Sov also lives on it. I would say less then half are inhabited on a regular basis. Sovs are created for other reasons too. Hunt planets and resource farming. Like i said earlier I own 3 planets and live on none of them. In our guild i know there are 10 Sovs between us and none of them are used for home bases.

3 Likes

I imply play time per planet, where u have youre home Base is irrelevant as u only do must of the play time and Building or hunting on Souvrein planets. U could state u have youre home be on on and normal planet, but are u even there. There isnt enough to encurage players to use the old planets. Hence People doesnt use the because of smooth er hunts or resource gathering. Hence less People on old planets. To be Honest, there is way to many planets for 60 People playing per Day :joy: suvreign planets dubbel that and u have a rediculus space of activity for 60 players per Day. If im Lucky i see 1 person on a planet and thats a good Day.

The math isnt off as it is accualy correct, The more u spend time on Souvrein planets The less u play on normal planets. Where is The normal Newcommers coming into game? Normal planets, witch planets gets less player when u spend most time on suvreing planets. Normal planets. Its pretty Simple math. And People wants to see other People in an mmo :heart::smiley:

The planets are devoied of life, how can we put some in? :star_struck::ok_hand:

If the math is correct, show us the numbers of how many players are on Sov worlds then.
Cause to me, I think you are making up or assuming some of the numbers in your math.

Substantiate your claims that sov is making the other worlds devoid of players, with real numbers and stats of players on sov vs non-sov

3 Likes

I’ve got 8 planets. They’re all open to other players to allow them to gather resources. I’ve set up hubs with portals to the resource sites, etc, but my main base and focus is still on a homeworld.

3 Likes

Well there are no math as I have not implied any numbers right, but there is a hint of substraction as its onl 2 obvious choice. Souvrein planets or not. Where do u spend youre time vs old planets :face_with_hand_over_mouth: does this affect The old world of youre play time? Yes it does.

Or ill explain it easyer. If there Wasnt any suvreign worlds, would u play on The existing worlds?

If yes, then The obvious abswer is that the suvreign worlds subtract time that u could be in normal worlds, where u could build marvelous things where new players could be awestruck and inspired off :star_struck::star_struck::heart:

And there it is. the truth comes out that all of that is conjecture, and you refuse to believe some of us when we tell you sovs are not the problem

3 Likes

Im stating the obvious, and ofc The population isnt there to beginn with but it doesnt Change The fact that suvreign worlds makes The normal worlds less populated :hugs:

by an insignificant amount. it doesn’t really matter in the end, or are you here for the thrill of the debate?

4 Likes

There is no thrill, and relly no debate. Its fact and I wish to have a suggestion how to have an other solution to an obvious fact. I understand youre defence to suvreign planets. But it doesnt help Newcommers feel as if they are alone on a vast planet :hugs: there is no obvious fix as The plate is allready served in full to players to do what they want and obviously not reversal. So better to have suggestion to what can be done right?

If u want to opt out in The comment focusing on arguing with me, thats fine. But im just stating facts :hugs:

Come with some cool suggestions :star_struck:

I will have you know, I was originally against sov worlds, but then they came out and they had none of the impacts I thought they were going to have.

So again, When I say sovs are not the problem, that is from witnessing the before and after “picture”.

5 Likes

You say you are stating facts but not stating a actual one. Good Luck with this and stay Boundless.

4 Likes

I mean we are a small community right, why smear it out like an endless pancake. Where People see others less and less. Hubs helps a bit here but not enough if 99% is dead lands. And with private servers even less. Its a shame, and a bit sad.

Facts was started that if u spend time on one thing, then u spend less time on The other. Pretty factuall.

If there Wasnt any suvreing world then there wouldnt be any substraction. Because we would all build as a community on The existing planets. Thats a fact. Hence more People to be seen on Theese planets Right?

Dont need to be a math scientist to understand this. And thats why i dont endorse nore feel as suvreign planets should exist with The normal game :hugs: