Thoughts on the impact of a creative ecosystem

I like this idea best so far I think.

Where are creative players going to get coin?

1 Like

Being realistic I don’t see why no one would want to open a portal to that planet. In sure Ps, TNT and guardian would Gladly open a portal to the link planet.

From there it would pretty much would be a hub to access any creative planet.

We are talking about keeping the immersion as Luca said before, going back to sanctum to warp would equal to have 2 separate universes

I’m happy to open a portal to this link planet
What region though? Will there be four of them?

Going back to sanctum is sort of separate, I agree. The creative planets are still in the sky, so is it any different than going to a planet for the first time when you are not using a network, or warping home? Maybe not enough if it is the only solution. I do think the warps have to be free.

The only issue is controlling where players access your planet. If they warp, they land where they land. If it is a portal then you know where they land. But even in the live universe there is nothing preventing players from warping to a planet versus using a portal network. If you are running a maze or dungeon I can see where it might be more important, but if players are warping anyway, you can give them location tokens.

1 Like

If you can have a chain of creative planets with free portals between them, you bypass the high cost regional portals and the high cost t5t6 networks for free

I do think it’s worth pointing out that if someone joins for creative, they will be unhappy to learn about costs between regions.

I agree I don’t like the sanctum idea because it ruins the immersion. But having the devs add an intermediary planet is almost the same thing. Just with the added step of not having to physically open the menu to warp to sanctum. And then in order to get to creative you’d HAVE to hook up to this planet. How would that work for someone all the way on norkyna? They can’t hook up to this planet because this distance is guaranteed gonna be too far.

And as far as coin goes, if you wanna travel to survival universe then you should be able to aquire coin there too. The point being that if you don’t wanna leave creative, you don’t have to and don’t have to pay coin. If you wanna get to survival you can from your planet. And if you wanna participate in survival in such a way that you feel you should be able to exit from any planet into the survival world then you should have to play survival to aquire the coin to be able to open those warps. I don’t see anything wrong with this as it makes it so you can stay in creative if you want and not have coin. Or you can play survival like normal and get coin which can be used to open warps back to survival.

Don’t we already have this problem?

Or are you seriously able to go to norky from maryx in a single step?

My immersion idea is you take a nap to enter the dream realm.

Doesn’t your immersion get ruined by the idea of going through a portal that looks like all other portals, but on one side you can fly and have infinite items? To me there should be some difference.

Maybe horizontal 1x1 portals to creative, just so it’s different?

Oh I’ve seen your idea and I definitely like it. But it would involve the devs adding beds and idk if we will ever see those in this game at this rate :joy::joy: but seriously it is a good idea and I think needs more traction

That I understand, but that has nothing to do with a network that is limited to lower tier planets which is what was possible with what I proposed. You would have to use a survival network to get to anything above a tier two planet.

Could work without beds too, just have people curl up to take a nap

Maybe it could leave their body there, and people could interact with the sleeping people to join them in their dreams

If you don’t want people to follow you into your dreams, you have to take a nap in a secure location. Just like inception!

Glad you like my voucher idea!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

/nap to enter dream world lol

Yup

It could give you a menu of all creative worlds

We could call it our home beacon!

I think it makes sense to give everyone a second home location with creative coming out

Oh wow this blew up.

Right I mean actual hunts, eventually titans, etc …

Community building and building contests are one thing for sure. I don’t know why anyone would hunt for no loot or drops, etc… but it seems to come up that people will like survival drawbacks in creative for various reasons so I’m definitely not arguing it.

As far as exos, if it’s a primarily creative player I’m not sure they would have any need/desire for that. Again other than hunting, or eventually titans.

Would this be the warp cost between the actual portal destination and your entry location, or something calculated based on blinksecs from the current creative orbit/location?

I appreciate this comment. I stated earlier (buried somewhere in this thread) that I can definitely understand why a developer would want to find a smooth way to achieve this. It does, however, seem like a bit of a puzzle.

Now I see why the thread blew up :grinning: Thanks for stopping in and sharing your thoughts on this. IT’s an interesting exercise but mostly all the banter between us players feels like killing time while we wait to see what you guys decide to deploy. The insight is appreciated.

This is good. An ability to “craft portal token” just like the current “craft location token” could be used for creative side portals, then you just have to put it in a set of blocks that matches the destination blocks.

Hmm this might also require a new tab or feature to “Save portal location” rather than just saving coordinates like a warp location now. In either case if we have direct portals there will definitely have to be some system to address this. If it’s just a one way inventory transit there are edge cases like going to creative with a full inventory, and forgetting and trying to carry back a token.

Getting them back and forth is still an issue. No dev has revealed anything about this that I’m aware of so I have no idea what (if anything) they have in mind for this yet.

100% agree if this can be used to bypass even a significant (lower or higher tiers only, regional only, whatever) portion of a survival network, there are players that would rather rent planets for cash to run a network than hunt oort in game to run one.

Right however if this is the case, “creative only” players will find themselves frequently in the survival universe to do anything other than build. Including visiting other creative planets. Survival → creative → creative → survival with a strict one blinksec limit on creative → sruvival links will still enable networks, unless portal distances on the creative side are strictly limited.

I did propose this earlier as well, or at least one planet per region. As far as I can tell it’s lumped together with any idea that involves transit on the survival side. Basically after having been told that seamless integration is possible, it seems like a lot of players ‘can accept nothing less’.

Just a few weeks ago it seems to have been commonly accepted that when creative eventually came it was going to be an entirely separate experience :man_shrugging:

This seems like the least disruptive mechanic so far. It does lead to other questions such as how does the creative experience start, how do you get to the planet you’re trying to reach for the first time, and a couple of others. So it’s not a standalone solution, either.

IMO this is where the sanctum/dream systems win out over intermediate planets.

A creative home makes sense, not just 2 that can be used as 2 creative or 2 survival. Right?

It would be elementary in a separate universe. But it seems useful even if they’re merged in some way. Since, as it stands, there’s an expectation that creative ↔ creative portals would be unlimited, perhaps there’s no reason to charge for creative ↔ creative warps either?

I think it’s assumed creative to creative warps are free

1 Like