Timed out connecting to server

You need to call your ISP. ask why they are not routing your traffic.

Okay, will do that. in the meantime is there anything I can do?

you could use a VPN service (like NordVPN or something… not sure what good free ones there are) to connect to boundless through another server.

I have an subscription for ExpressVPN, used to get booted alot by some toxic minemen. Anyways, it worked. Thanks for your help!!

2 Likes

Not sure if it is related. But i cant go to fInata right now because 300+ms unplayable connection for some reason.

Had to use warp home. Couldnt move.

Finata is on the EU server which ISPs tend to have bad routing to around this time of day.

I think the only real way for them to fix it is something like this:

But that’s a lot of work and probably wont happen any time soon :frowning:

Yea, usually laggy for me, but hardly ever unplayable like it just was. I am US East so i dont really look at the lag as crazy most the time. Just seen this post about the time i couldnt even walk on the server. Which is weird.

I also have horrible connection on Besevrona also. Unplayable and a few other planets also.

Unnaturally laggy tonight.

I’m having issues to all USW servers. I can’t go to any without having a connection issue… guess I’m homeless until I am able to go back to Angel 1 lol

Yea i Cant play on Cardass, Besevrona or Finata right now. And it isnt my connection. Either something up on Steam or servers one. US East, West and AUS seem ok for the most part.

everything but the west server is working fine for me… something is up… guess all we can do is wait it out.

Haven’t been able to get to anywhere in Finata or Gellis tonight

Same, Something is up with the servers or something. I cant access EU servers at all. And it never lasts this long.

Still unplayable this morning. Any news on wtf is going on? Almost gamebreaking since you have to visit other region planets for mats/colors.

I got a good hour and a half in this morning before the connection went back to completely unplayable to the EU region. I’m based on EU so it practically locks me out of my storage, machines, everything.

Well, I fixed mine.

A VPN company had a crazy deal and I went with it. Still high latency then should be, but all playable.

I think we should all band together and create some class action against a few ISPs.
They charge premium, Should offer it also.

Not sure i am supposed to link the company name. but 9 hours left on a 3 year deal. MSG if interested.

Both me and a friend have the same problem. Almost every evening (after 6PM Eastern US) the EU worlds turn into Unplayable connections, especially Finata. We have experienced this on multiple different connections, since we are naughty and have logged in from work and home. This has led us to believe that the problem is not our various ISPs specifically but one limited to Boundless EU worlds. We do not have any trouble getting to US East, West, or Australia at all at any time of day. This is concerning since there are some hubs that are located in places that we can’t access during our primetime.

Try a free VPN, most have a free 7 day trial. I found it hard to believe also until you look up DNS Servers and how they work. ISPs use cheap routes. VPN use more quality links. It fixed my connection issues. And i havent been able to go to EU worlds in a week.

A VPN might be a viable workaround, but I’ve honestly never been in a game where an overseas server was completely inaccessible to me via normal ISP traffic. High latency, 250ms, completely expected, but to not even be able to connect reliably? That is a new experience for me, and I’ve played games on EU and Asian servers for various MMO-like games for years. This is why I think it may merit some networking investigation.

Same here, I been looking at VPN for other reasons for awhile. So it kinda just made my final push to buy a sub.

Its odd that Itll be fine for weeks and all a sudden go crazy for a week.

1 Like