Titan planets Poll yes or no

Titans will be on a shattered planet in the sky only reachable with a warp totem that will send you to a starting point on the planet or another player who is already on the planet. Their will be tough terrain to traverse through, the lv of the planet will be based on the lv of planet it was next to. Their would be loot drops that drop forged gear and other things as you progress. Planets will be wide enough to allow players to move freely but have a set path with drop offs on both sides of the path with floating chunks of rocks so if you do go over the edge for whatever reason you could grapple back before falling into oblivion. When you reach the end you will be presented with a titan. Land claiming is not allowed planets will be regenerated after the titan is defeated.

Do you want this in game or something like it.

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I don’t get the falling into oblivion part. Temporary planets for titans like you listed is fine. Having a unique terrain, maybe special blocks similar to corruption on it would be cool. Not being able to plot is also fine. Smaller than average planet also fine. I just don’t like the set path part.

2 Likes

I don’t mind dangerous worlds that are populated by a lot of roaming Titans.

Wish we knew more about them.

Having a shattered planet in the sky could explain why their are so many meteor raining down on us with angry mobs.

http://desgin.info/wp-content/uploads/Zemlya-Katastrofa.jpg
Just something I pulled from google would like to see a planet in the sky that looked like this

7 Likes

Perhaps… kind of would be nice if there were some sort of official lore or story behind a lot of the things in the game. A lot of, when you really look at it objectively, just appears very strange and odd. Meteors that spawn hostile creatures through 2x2 size portals? That one kind of needs to be explained to me.

I just hope that Titans are implemented in a way that makes them feel like they’re not just some random back drop piece of content and ultimately becomes a very underwhelming feature.

Fingers crossed. At least the economy part of the game is what keeps me interested in it. This is also all coming from someone who’s played the game since it was originally called Oort Online. lol

1 Like

I have a feeling they will take the ark survival evolved approach and give it the same vibe.

Wait till the game is over before they finish the story.

I don’t know if I’ll be around when that happens. I am getting back into content creation and I don’t see YouTube content for this game doing that well until the game’s population really increases. There are some exceptions but spending my time making content for a game that is stagnate in popularity doesn’t bold well when there are other games which offer better opportunities. One of those being actually more things to do in them.

Not trying to say this game is bad. It just has a long ways to go to even be competition to other games in the same genres (voxel, mmo, rpg, and sandbox related games) as it.

I really hate posting negative opinions like that for a game that I really do like. It is what it is though. :man_shrugging:

You are right it’s hard to push content for a game that doesn’t offer much content. With that being said I feel like this is the year boundless will prove themselves and be were they should of been at launch. If not then idk :neutral_face:

1 Like

They need to release a piece of content that is going to be designed specifically and only for player retention or this game has no chance to actually even be on the map as a relevant game to buy and play. Chiseled blocks mean literately nothing in the grand scheme of things. Chiseled blocks aren’t what will make this game popular.

They’ve already been told what will: dungeons. Let us make dungeons. Even if it’s in the shape of the mock up Titan in the game trailer, it would be a heck of a lot better push to develop player made dungeons than any other piece of content suggestion or idea on their Trello board. Nothing else comes close to retaining players as much as dungeons and Titans.

If that means it takes 2 or 3 months to be delivered to us with no other updates in the mean time, so be it. These micro patch updates multiple times a month aren’t doing it. There’s a history of that being the case.

I can’t imagine how hard it is to make a video game since I’ve never attempted it myself, but I do understand business well enough that you give your customers what they want and they will give you money for it. In the case of this game I would spend more money on Cubits to get more plots faster in order to build a custom dungeon for players to run through and get rewards from. I strongly believe that more people would buy Cubits for more plots to make a dungeon themself too.

That along with roaming Titans would retain so many players, potentially bring back old ones, and give prospecting customers a reason to buy and play the game. I would actually recommend this game to people at it’s current over priced retail price tag on Steam if they could make a dungeon in the game and clear Titan content.

2 Likes

Please no! Already hated it that the snowball meteorites dropped brews and food items!

The rest tho, sure.

1 Like

Although I don’t like the current forging system (as you know since we discussed that in great length) I do have to agree with you on it.

Getting rid of forging is a negative thing for the game. Removing features or content in general from a video game is a dumb idea.

And that’s the thing they need to realise.

We are all capable of coming up with unique things. All the builds out there prove that. If they simply add a bunch of craftable items we can use to make interactive content available to other players we will soon have endless amounts of new content and I feel this has to be top priority after farming/hunter/T7 and should release within a few months or the game is gonna be doomed…

3 Likes

This is pretty significant of something to say coming from another avid supporter of the game. Particularly from a player that is a pillar within the community.

1 Like

Well yeah, I love, love, love the game, but I’m close to the point that I will get bored with what we currently have. I have some massive builds ongoing, and I’m very afraid that once those are done and can’t find another massive thing to build quickly enough (or that I just don’t want another big build right away) that I might not know what I want to do in the game.

It’s also the reason I’m so, so, so hoping farming is coming out very soon with placeable water blocks. The water blocks alone will make some ideas I had possible and farming means I can start building a huge farm with irrigation canals, ahhhh. And thats just the building aspects of it, there’s also the farming itself! which most certainly requires new tools, machines, bunch of new recipes, etc. And I wouldn’t be all that surprised if the stuff we can grow for instance are NEW plant types creating new possibilities…

Player made dungeons are really problematic to balance if they reward anything. A few games have tried this, and players always make it as easy and as rewarding as possible. Best reward for the least effort. If you want an example from Boundless, look at all the farms we now have. I’m not saying the concept is impossible, it’s just really hard.

2 Likes

How in the world is it remotely problematic? We have zero information on it if its even going to be implemented. We could discuss for decades on all the possibilities of player made dungeons in this game and it wouldn’t matter. Balance the rewards? We’re talking about player made dungeons. Every aspect of it should be player made, including the rewards.

Also, farms =/= player made dungeons. There are people who currently play this game that want more of a challenge. Not the easy mode bs we have right now. Another thing is, as long as Regen bombs are a thing in this game, those farms can be replicated over and over. Regen bombs are also fairly cheap to make too.

People are so scared of balance in this game. The game has never been balanced to begin with.

1 Like

Maybe I misunderstood what player made dungeons mean to you. I thought the tools would include some reward mechanic as well. But if it’s just monster spawning etc that do not drop any loot, then yeah there’s no need to balance that much.

Looks like their is a chance for titan planets to come after all. Or maybe I’m reading to much into this but I hope they are.

If there wasn’t a reward or mobs don’t drop anything then it would just be another feature like Farming is going to be. It won’t bring anything to the table to retain players. Titans alone aren’t going to do it.

This is a MMO. Dungeons give rewards. Whenever I hear people say stuff needs to be balanced in this game I just translate that into sucking more fun out of the game. Screw balance. Worry about that later. The game isn’t even balanced to begin with so it shouldn’t even be a focusing point of development time.

Good. More content the better.