TMMK’s DK mall hub and roads are expiring in 2 weeks

I found some fuel for some but I don’t know where the beacons all are. Crisis averted for 16 weeks - unless I missed some.

Can any admin transfer them to my gleam club account with 43 weeks left?

Ps it was super sad running through old DK mall. Such good times.

12 Likes

if you ain’t gonna play, just let it go into reclaim :slight_smile:

5 Likes

There’s like 30 active portals there - tmmk had health issues forcing him to quit.

3 Likes

if you or someone takes over yes, but if noone is doing that the end result = portals closed or closing/re-open, people asking about dkmall and spamming the forums or in game channels because there’s noone around. if theres really no maintainer there’s no real point in having it there.people will just move on and find other malls don’t worry

8 Likes

It’s sadly a pale shade of it’s former glory, and Host is right. I think that in the end, it’s healthier for Boundless for the ghost towns and cities to pass on.

10 Likes

I had many good times in old dk mall and always feel sad seeing the shell :sob:

3 Likes

I knew DK wasn’t there anymore when I fell through the floor. That never happened before. But we all need a break. It is ok. I took a very long one myself and it helped spark that love for Boundless again for me.

7 Likes

I reached out to you about the mall on Discord @DKPuncherello

1 Like

As @HOST and @subsect says. After I had also a talk in the past with Tmmk, I believe whenever he’s able to return, it’s better for him to start a new fresh project. This place has of course good memories in people’s heads but there’s lots of negative memories too. There’s enough malls out there and I can guarantee you, the next person is already planning their own again. Last time I ran through DK it was just so empty. Everything is far spreaded it’s not an actual mall anymore. It’s just shops connected with a far reaching road and some abandoned hub as well as an actual active hub that is about to be abandoned too because there’s noone that wants to take it over. If the current or previous owners ever return to the game, they can do surely better. It’s easier to start fresh than picking up all the trash and try to build something on old ashes.

7 Likes

Why not let @DKPuncherello do what he wants with the mall.

Every mall is empty when I run through them especially any large mall. That would include almost any of the new ones. I ran into the Sunset Forge hoping to find a large number of forged items and wound up just going to my go to person for forged items.

DK Mall when I started managing it was losing shops all the time and that was simply because people were leaving and their Gleamclub had expired. Sadly, that was the case with every mall. I then decided that building a new central hub would be best and that was when I asked for help.

I asked for help with the new hub because I do not have the amount of plots DK has by a long shot and I also did not have the building skills as some of the great builders that play the game.

Little did I know exactly what I was in for when I first started managing the mall. There was quite a bit of griefing going on and a very toxic neighborhood fight going on with an area connected to the mall and a few people there. Part of that issue has been resolved “I hope” and maybe things on Tana can change.

I took it over to preserve it because the mall was and is very iconic. It’s easy to make a mall and pretty easy to make one continue, but if it isn’t on a sovereign (especially the one the size DK Mall is) eventually the mall will become spotty with holes because people come along and just claim areas and do nothing with them.

I walked through the mall the other night after I saw someone complain of holes in the mall. The old area of the mall is full of empty shops and areas where there are no shops, but those areas with no shops have been claimed by someone and they just let it sit there. It is quite sad really. I put glass around all the areas that had holes in the mall to prevent someone from falling.

As to the new area, TMMK did an awesome build I actually love it and our plan for the new area of the mall was working out well. It was growing quite well, but I honestly feel malls are a fading part of the game currently because there are just not enough players supporting it. Walk through ANY mall they are just empty. They may not be totally empty, but to say they are active or full would be wrong. The new Ultima Hub I think looks awesome and everyone said it was so busy and active, I went there, and I didn’t see a single person and that was even with visiting it 3 separate times. Nothing against the Hub or the people that made it or manage it, it’s just the state of the game.

That said, I always considered making a new “central” mall on a sovereign that the community came together to build that everyone just agreed that would be the new “main” mall in Boundless. Given our current lack of players it is either one central community mall, or just a bunch of scattered malls that are empty.

All that said, scanning BUTT for a request basket has always been more profitable than having an actual shop stand in shop where you have to compete with everyone else and their prices.

Back to the OP … reach out to me @DKPuncherello lets talk a bit :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Well, SUNSET FORGE MARKET is growing on forger counts and is only 2 months old. :wink: I would say, it’s at least half full! :crazy_face:

5 Likes

I totally meant nothing against Sunset Forge … I think it’s a brilliant idea and love the design.

5 Likes

I’ve come much further than expected, but it’s still less activity as wished of course. I did not take it as attack don’t worry. The truth is, it’s not only state of game as in how many people play the game, it’s also not many are ready to take a shop and continuously keep it up and filled. Everything regarding shops, no matter which content it’s filled with, also leading a project like a mall becomes fast a job. And we all want to relax and enjoy in a game.

7 Likes

do I hate it to see the dkmall go? YES I do I grew up with it in the game, all I’m saying is that there’s no maintainer there’s no actual reason to keep it going unless of course one could just close the portals and set the mall in hibernation mode until maintaining can be continued.
as for the trolling there on tana, it seems 75% of it has been solved, at the old area where dkmall used to be there are also LOTS of roads floating in the air from DK himself that could have been removed back then since the new mall got build., there’s a LOT of mess there on tana because lots of shop owners just either left the shops empty or did not fill them (I’m part of this I admit)

what i do reccomend is to let go entirely of the old dkmall area unless it is going to be rebuild and fully focus on the new area if this is wanted

4 Likes

We shall see what “THE FUTURE” holds for DK Mall.

See what I did there?

3 Likes

i see haha, i hope THE FUTURE is bright for dkmall

did you also see what i did?

2 Likes

the trolling one another on a post about a mall that is iconic in the game sad times hope @DKPuncherello finds a solution to the problem

I didn’t see any trolling that I am aware of. I would just hate to see the mall go away.

1 Like

There are several malls that have folded over the years. DK Mall should be let go, so that it eventually can be rebuilt better than before.

1 Like

The sad thing is, I don’t really use malls anymore because of BUTT. It’s just way more convenient to search in the tool. It has made having lots of peoples stores in the same place redundant.

But man, I must have generated so mcuh footfall in DK mall back in the day while trying to find baskets to sell my freshly mined produce at. Good times!

5 Likes