Too much "stealth" causes wildstocks to attack on lower tier planets

This was mentioned a bit in responses in another thread I found here, but not a lot of details.

Just experienced this oddity on the new T4 Lush Exo Borell. Out of habit (from doing higher tier Exo atlases) I used a super innocuous brew but I was getting attacked by every wildstock I passed. So out of curiosity I removed the super Innocuous brew by drinking a health regen brew and the wildstocks stopped attacking.

So as mentioned in the other thread, I think with stealth skills and super innocuous brew at some point you reach a threshold that makes your stealth a negative number or something and causes wildstocks on lower level planets to attack for no reason. I have never experienced this on higher tier planets.

To test the theory I found a wildstock and approached without the brew running and did not get attacked so then I backed up out of range and drank a super innocuous brew then re-approached the same wildstock and it attacked without provocation. I grappeled out of range, removed the innocuous brew buff and then went back to say hi to the same wildstock and it was back to normal, did not attack.

Here is a video of the “test”

7 Likes

So i was not becoming insane!!

This actually happens :laughing:

2 Likes

Sure does.

1 Like

It happened to me too a couple of time. I think it was a tier 6 or tier 7. Since then, I don’t go near wildstocks when I drink an innocuous brew.

I hope it’s intentionally this way… it’s pretty funny.

2 Likes

I imagine the wildstocks like “uhm this dude seems way too peaceful it has to be a trap!”

6 Likes

Lol, ‘this guy smells too nice… get him!’

5 Likes

Too much stealth insults their intelligence.

1 Like

They don’t like surprises

It’s like - “I’m not gonna attack you, so why are you sneaking on me like that”?

5 Likes

I think they just wonder how come their grass can run.
Maybe they post on their forum too, “How come grass can run ?”.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report and video. After checking this in game, I can confirm that does occur from time to time, so it’s been added to the bug database.

Also, is there any other information of interest? For example, can this triggered by different items / skills?

3 Likes

Heh. It’s the good old nuclear Gandhi all over again.

3 Likes

Sounds like integer underflow is a hell of a drug

1 Like

I feel like this is exceptionally true when it comes to RNG. Maybe this is why I never have any luck…

Any update on a fix for this @vdragon? It is an annoying bug that may be even more annoying on “mixed tier” worlds down the road.

3 Likes

There has not been any update to this when I checked, but I can make a record of your post to show that this is still happening.

4 Likes

this is the 2nd most ironic game bug ever. 1st place is Civilization VI’s Ghandi bug with him going all out on nukes late game while being supposedly the most peaceful civ