Tool buying bug

I set up a plinth to buy emerald hammers. The other day someone sold me one that only had a few hits left on it. Sheesh what a jag wagon right?!
I’m not upset or anything but this should probably get fixed before 1.0

5 Likes

Was reported already and @vdragon passed it on, please read:

And can’t the DEVS see who that stinker was who sold you that hammer ?

3 Likes

Just moved this to support, as it’s clearly a bug - though as @SWProzee1 mentioned; thankfully already noted.

I have a suggestion regarding this issue though, as only being able to sell full health tools means that if you were to die on your way to selling such goods, or happen to use it just once, you’d forever more be unable to sell it at stalls, which in my opinion would be unfortunate. The downside is the system we have currently - people selling dead tools for a huge profit, so how’s this;

• Allow players to sell damaged tools for a percentage of the asking price, based on the percentage of health left on said tool; i.e; if the asking price for a 100% hammer is 2000c, let a 50% one be sold for 1000c, a 10% for 200c, and a 1% for 20c.
8 Likes

I think this should be togglable by the vendor. I wouldn’t want to waste money by buying lots of half dead tools if I were trying to sell them on for a profit.

So the options of “will only buy unused” and “will buy part used” is a must have. Possibly even as far as having a cut off point for the maximum damaged tools you would accept.

7 Likes

@Stretchious that would be the perfect fix.

2 Likes

Yep, that sounds like the perfect solution.

Edit; in fact @Stretchious, there could even perhaps be another optional system to sell half health tools at discount rates, based on the amount you’re selling full health tools.

So say you put up two hammers - one full and one at 50% then set the asking price at 1000c for a full hammer, the 50% hammer would automatically be set at 50% cost.

Just a suggestion, though I do like the idea of second hand market stalls and bargain hunters. For instance, someone who needs to clear a bit of soil fast, but doesn’t need a full diamond shovel, could perhaps just buy a 25% one for the job.

3 Likes

Nothing stop you from filling a plinth with hammers with 50% left and set full price to 2000c.

We’re designing some changes to the Plinths and Items in general to protect against this. Making it more obvious when a tool is at 100% versus 99%, and when they’re close to breaking.

8 Likes