Top relatively-easy to implement QoL changes

There’s a Logout? I just Exit the Game on PlayStation lol

3 Likes

Sanctum is offline, so technically going to sanctum is logging out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let’s not forget that (last I heard) any addition has to be approved by Sony to go through on PS4, and they tend to release stuff simultaneously. ^^
So yeah, like Majorvex said, maybe the way the thread is worded could be reworked.

Personally, aside from the ‘new races’ thing, and ignoring the claims of some things being ‘easy’ or ‘take more or less one hour to do’, I’d say the rest sounds pretty good.

But a few might need some further discussion, still.

Like the fly mode in home beacon.
This one doesn’t seem to have been thought all the way through, just thrown on the wall to see if it sticks.

What happens when you leave your home beacon? Do you crash down if you’re flying high? Shouldn’t it have like an obvious 10 seconds countdown on the screen before the power fades?
And wouldn’t this be overkill, like giving a bit of dev-powers to players?
Would it have any requirements like GC? Just… anyone can suddenly fly in their home? I can see a number of odd behaviors this would create, like people making floating builds at sky-limit and only the owners can go there because nobody else can grapple that far or build some get even close to it… which… isn’t inherently wrong, buuuuut… if too many people start doing variants of stuff like that…

I’d rather get a new tool. World of Warcraft added gravity packs (that only work in one zone), for instance.
I’m thinking about some kind of gravity-backpack you’d have to craft and equip (which would require the addition of armor / player equipment), and you’d have to fuel it (kinda like the jetpack in Satisfactory), but it’d allow you to fly in a stable manner in the sky and stay stationary like WoW’s, and depending on the pack itself, you’d fly at different speeds. This would also allow people to do some nice camera moves (like @Jiivita can do :stuck_out_tongue: ).

The point I’m making is that I think it’s wrong to aim at a sh!t-ton of ideas that could be dumbed-down to be implemented for the sake of speed. Up until now, you gotta admit, the stuff the devs do are of a certain quality. I kinda want them to continue producting content of quality.

So I’d rather they took the time needed to make a proper gravity back pack than just add magic-god-mod-flight in home-beacon.

However, stuff like “add ‘craft 30’ to all machines”, no problem, let’s go let’s go!

6 Likes

I don’t like the idea of flying (actually hovering) wherever. Yes, I wanted that for the longest time, now I think it’s better to have easily breakable free-to-craft(like totem) scafolding block, maybe something similar to Minecraft’s scafold. Somehow flying just seems way too overpowered. Flying as in flying around with some device with momentum seems much better, having a device that would provide hovering is something else. As you mentioned if it was possible probably no one would build stairs :joy: And we need stairs :wink:

2 Likes

Scrap the warp skill. We’re already paying for warps.

Agreed on portal skill - but maybe unlock automatically at 10-20 or so, not right off the bat.

Mentioned in another thread, but no warp charge for warps in the 1 blinksec range. The 100c fee is just a minor thing I don’t think about (doesn’t stop me from warping) but can be a real issue for newcomers, who might not settle near a portal hub. I think that could really help the NPE.

Might be harder to implement, but-

Allow permission for anybody to feed portals directly.

Loot filter. It would be a big QOL improvement for me, especially on exos, not to pick up every piece of tallow and hide from suicidal hoppers. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: My fault, but sometimes end up dumping the wrong stuff when throwing away what I don’t want.

Short (20 sec or so) grace period on mob aggro on warping in somewhere, provided you don’t attack. I sometimes get killed before I can even move due to my bad home connection.

6 Likes

Agreed, but it would have to be designed in a way where you can ONLY add portal fuel, though. Otherwise, people would take some.

• Somewhat related, I’d love for a permission allowing anybody (not just friends and guildmates) to refuel your beacon.
You’d have to activate it, obviously, and it would allow for anyone to add fuel-time to your place. If you’re unable to play, if they like the place, etc.

• I’m sure this can’t take that much time (clearly more than one hour, but you know, maybe not 1 month either…), it’s my “expiration date on beacon mouseover tooltip” as an option to not have to make the calculation of when the beacon will expire yourself. A clearly stated expiration date would be super-player-friendly and would (I’m 100% sure of it) avoid A LOT of “Awh, my beacon just regened, I thought I had more time!”.
Here’s the separate suggestion : Time display + Date of Beacon expiration

4 Likes

I didn’t read all of the posts above me before, and I know this has been mentioned many times before in other posts, but;

A 3x3 (AOE) grass/crop planting device maybe(?)

7 Likes

Sound suggestions! Only missing pants! :wink:

1 Like

I still do not like this suggestion. Part of the point of reclaim was to allow for builds belonging to players not playing to go away and still allow the players to come back to at least their resources. Why should builds that belong to people not ever coming back to the game be allowed to exist forever? Let the players actively playing use the space since in the end the universe is limited in size. I cannot see the developers adding planets because the existing ones are full of builds for players that do not have Gleam Club and have not been playing for a year.

4 Likes

Yes i agree with you Kal-el!

Exactly. When anybody can fuel beacons it could lead new protection buffer like problem.

1 Like

Now I did not say that, not by a wide margin.
Reading you feels like I said “let’s remove beacon fuel altogether”.

Currently, a friend/guildmate can already refuel your beacon. WHAT GAVE THEM THE RIGHT TO MAKE THIS BUILD EXIST FOREVER, ERMAHGERD?!

It’s not that different from what we can currently do, really.

I’m not saying “let this suggested feature be available by default for everybody”.
Maybe it could be only an option (off by default) for Gleam Club users, who are more likely to keep playing.

All I’m saying is that I was always super happy when I saw people make a thread like “quick, this beacon is dying, let’s re-plot it to save it and then give it back to its owner”, that was a great show of kindness within the community…
The reclaim feature prevents people from doing that. I find it sad.

Maybe you wouldn’t enable such a feature for your build.
Maybe you would never give fuel to another beacon that has that feature enabled.

But maybe there are cases where that could be used and the loss of said beacon could be really sad for the community in general.
Say there’s a really cool build that most people love, because they think it’s beautiful and is a flagship of what you can do with the game, BUT the owner is currently away for X reason and currently, nobody could refuel the normal way.

To be honest, I’m not overly attached to this suggestion, but I think that long-term, it would allow for far more altruistic actions within the community than pose the issue you’re pointing.
In the end, I’d say it would be left to the community to answer your question. What I mean is that I could totally see threads pop-up with people saying “hey, this build was about to go wild, so we saved it”.

If there’s a build named “The International House of Poop”, I would guess nobody would go out of their way to refuel it. Unless it was a deliberate act of trolling, or something like that.

I would like to see emotes added to the hot bar so I can quickly switch my item to wave at another player. It is a bit cumbersome on the PS4 even with a keyboard.

3 Likes

I would not disagree on this and even this is probably not a good idea after a while. If a player is not playing then why should the build not go away? Even allowing for the altruistic ideal of saving a friends build, how long should this be allowed to happen in any case? Especially now that the reclaim is there, maybe the entire beacon fueling for others needs to be looked at. Maybe you can only refuel another characters beacon as long as they log in every xx months? How long should that be? Once a year? Once every six months? probably a point of discussion.

1 Like

I already said it elsewhere, and I’ll say it again, the reclaim does NOT save your work.
The reclaim feature is nice and all, but it’s just a first step to take to make the game more player-friendly.
It may save the blocks, but all the detailled chisel work and careful block placement is gone.

Someone like me who spent months/years on a build, you tell them “oh, you missed your refuel window by a day and everything regened… but hey, silver-lining : all the blocks are in the cloud storage!” I’d look at you like “I don’t give a sh!t. I lost all of my work, I have no reason to keep playing, now, I’m gonna find another building-game where you don’t lose all your work”.

Again, I would leave it to the community.

Someone re-fuels the beacon of another player because they like it and it seemed about to go into auto-reclaim. They now have time to figure out if the player left for good or just (almost) missed the refuel-time. The information circulates the forum and people can discuss it.

You left the game and your work lives on because people like it (let’s say, maybe it’s a mall of some sort, or it’s a big statue), why would you care anyway, right? You’re gone!
But if you learn that people kept it fueled, you could be like “oh, that’s nice! Hey, maybe I should get back to that game!”

1 Like

That these are perhaps easier than the bigger changes we at times ask for does not mean any of us can have any idea how long it would take to implement anything. So an hour or less seems highly doubtful unless you have seen the code.

Not to be bitchy or anything, but I know that non-programmers often enough think things can be done very quickly and some times that might be the case but mostly it is not.

Like the first item, auto sorting storage option. Have you thought about how that should be implemented? That reclaim sorts does not mean you can simply add it, and we don’t even know if it’s simple to add. But what I mean mostly is, do you want to sort by colour number or by colour name? And what if the storage chest is full, then what? There needs to be an UI added for several options the user wants.

A good solution, just for this one item, is that we can link several open and closed storage blocks together, but how would it do the sorting, where goes what?

For me sorting would be even better if there was a special machine where we can drop stacks of any thing into and that this machine is somehow linked to all the storage blocks, open and closed in my workshop. Where I then tell the game ‘these here are for creature trophies, feathers there, cores there’, etc.

That would be the most ideal solution. So this most certainly would not be an hour or less to implement correctly. Not even if they ‘simply’ added the reclaim sorting routine to it since reclaim storage is infinite in size and can store everything you throw at it normal storage blocks are not…

BTW, these are all excellent suggestions tho! And many do seem easy to do, but all of them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You are right if I left the game I would not care. But if I am an active player that might like to build the roads, mall, or infrastructure that is being reclaimed I might care, and I am the one actively playing and hopefully spending money on the game. Who should be kept happy? As far as non-infrastructure items. Let the existing players be the contributors and not the ones that left years ago.

I also think that it is wrong to allow for plots that no active player is managing to exist forever. Plots are a key to the game and why should you be able to use the plots of someone that has not been in the game for years and has not bothered with gleam club?

I do understand the point about the time spent constructing a build. As someone that likes to chisel, I know it is not as simple as laying down a few blocks and patting yourself on the back. Do I hope the developers add blueprints at some point? yes, but I do not think that this should be something that they DO NOT store. It is one thing to store a flat file of how many items you had on a beacon. It is another to store a 13,000 plot structure with all the chiseling and landscaping. If they do offer it, I would think it would have to be generated by the player on demand and stored offline. If it can also be used to design and build I do not see why this might not work.

• All metal doors please
  • also I would like to be able to flip a sign, front to back and vice versa when hitting it with ANY chisel (like with shop stands and machines). This is because while building you at times want to make windowsills or other things around the windows and placement the way you want is now not possible, well it is, but then the text appears on the inside instead of outside :slight_smile:
  • group whisper chat would be nice! same instant speed but for a group, no guild chat has the same delay as PM’s have so that does not work
2 Likes

Simply remove that it takes an hour or less or any other mention of how simple you think it would be to do and there is suddenly no need to create another thread about it :wink:

Any patch of any program on the PS4 (or Xbox or a Nintendo console) needs to be checked by the console manufacturer for possible security holes.

This has nothing whatsoever to do how long it takes to implement something new, just that once the devs decide it’s all good to go it will take up a few hours to a day (or more if it’s weekend) before it will be approved by Sony.

1 Like