Trickyy and Paka's newcomer stuff giveaway!

@Trickyy90 and I were gifted an incredible inheritance by departing player @Donmango - we’ve got about a couple weeks to get the estate settled here so to speak, and there are a lot of things we won’t be able to use but that would likely be useful for newer players, would be a shame for them to go to waste, and we agreed we’d like newcomers if possible to get help from this along with us. :slight_smile:

We know sometimes giveaways get wiped quickly, so we figure the best way to do this is a little bit at a time… that will give many chances to get some of it. Metal tools, food, basic crafting stuff, stuff like that. I’ll post my locations below, Trickky will post hers. If you know of any newcomers, feel free to take to distribute - I was sort of thinking of using the community channel in chat, but would feel bad if I made an announcement and several people got there after it got cleaned out. But might post about restocks here… however, might be good to stop by/check scanner often (I’m not going to hide my plinths on this).

Can also PM me directly if you want some for yourself or to distribute, or want to see if we have something specific there we aren’t going to use.

Nova Golda, Mine Your Own Business -

giveaway1

DK Mall, Exo-llent Plants, use A65 portal to get right there-

giveaway2

16 Likes

What a fantastic idea :blush: We are wanting to do something to help out new players soon too :blush::blush:

2 Likes

Nice, and thanks!! :smiley:

2 Likes

We find a lot of lost newcomers on Finata so we are always trying to distribute our excess to them. Slingbows/grapples etc and get a lot of people passing through who can’t manage to find ancient tech etc so we always make sure we have a stock pile for those people to access. Awesome idea. I’ll keep an eye out and direct them this way.

4 Likes

That is awesome, thank you so much!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve put stuff out at my place

TNT portal ‘Trickyy’ on the top row!

Watch your step, there’s spiders everywhere :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

@Oortian :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Great thing :heart: will take a look at it soon …
but wont touch it no worry… or will i xD

2 Likes

I swear I am not creating an alt when I get home from nightshift to steal 3 cooked yams for breakfast even though the tastiest yams are the ones someone else had to cook. :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

If there’s anything you need go ahead! :smiley:

1 Like

I just left for work and I didn’t notice this :frowning: grr

2 Likes

I reckon if you stuck down some request baskets, peeps would donate plenty of basic stuff to help you refill stands with

3 Likes

Don’t worry, all the locations will be restocked often :slight_smile: when you get chance stop by

1 Like

Thanks!! :smiley: I’m thinking even after we give out what we were given, it would still be nice to occasionally stock some newcomer supplies, I’ll try to keep it going!

2 Likes

Just did a restock! :smiley: I’ll be restocking fairly regularly for at least these 13 days til his GC goes… and will try to do it occasionally after that. :slight_smile:

… I may even put other stuff up too eventually, there are a lot of building mats there of certain types that are quite nice but not quite my thing. After a few days, if neither of us decides we’re going to take certain ones, I think I’ll start putting some of that out too, others might find good use for them. Even though it would go into storage if he ever comes back, it doesn’t sound like that will happen sadly and would be a shame to go unused.

2 Likes

I will get on tonight and meet up with you if I can

1 Like

I’ll gather up a special package for you and hide it, so if we miss each other and my plinths get cleaned out you’ll be able to get some stuff to get you started! :slight_smile: I’ll go do that and then PM you the location!

1 Like

I can probably donate almost a gleam chest full of iron hammers.

2 Likes

Wow, nice, thanks!! :smiley:

Of course if your around you can meet me at the Dome. Just let me know

1 Like