Turbulenz supporting Baldur's Gate 3 development šŸ›”

Uh ohā€¦ based off of combat gameplay in Boundless, this now has me a little worried for BG3.

Jokes aside, thatā€™s really cool. BG is one of my all time favourite game series.

:joy:

turn-based combat in BG3 - direction of combat overhaul in Boundless confirmed :grin:

5 Likes

Nice, I was dreaming about re-skinned Halloween Boundless mobs the other night :joy:

This is very good news since Boundless was supposed to promote the engine etc.

1 Like

This post just makes me more worried about future of Boundless.

6 Likes

it would explain why the game has been stagnant, welp, time for us to carry the game with mod support like minecraft lmao

1 Like

I think I may have killed her in a playthrough. I hope sheā€™s OK.

1 Like

Larian is based out of Ghent BE (mm, cuberdons) with satellite offices in places like Dublin IE, Quebec CA, and Saint Petersburg RU. Wonderstruck is in Surrey, UK (near Hello Games). So, yes, lightmilliseconds apart on the internet.

Congrats on the collaboration guys! Good to know Larian has some experienced hands helping out with the game. I am loving the early access playingā€¦when I get a chance away from Boundless that isā€¦ :slight_smile:

Baldurā€™s gate crossover promotion for Halloween?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Also, does this mean the boundless dances are mocap @Leahlemoncakes too?

2 Likes

Uh. That would kinda make sense. I mean, usually, 3D animation is the most difficult and time-consuming thing to do in video-games, so big studios rely on mocap to make things quicker. But I wouldnā€™t have expected Wonderstruck to have that.
I was indeed surprised to see like 9 new dance animations added to the game, it must be crazy-hard to do them this good.

We havenā€™t used mocap for Boundless, the new dance animations were a labour of love by @gerryjacobs - all animated by hand!

31 Likes

You wouldnā€™t want to see my dancing :joy:

24 Likes

Well, donā€™t think I got to say it before, but congrats to @gerryjacobs, because damn, these dance animations mustā€™ve been painful to do.

6 Likes

All this intrigues me ā€¦ :smirk:

1 Like

I bet you know how to floss correctly ;p
Iā€™m kidding - @gerryjacobs amazing work!!

2 Likes

from famous quotes series:

trust me, you can dance - drink

same as:

if you fall, Iā€™ll be there - floor

3 Likes

Greatā€¦ Now how about start working boundless.
I hope this is the reason why updates have been so lacklusterā€¦ But i doubt it.

1 Like

I would guess that this was a business decision to bring cash to the Turbulenz team. I would guess that more money, and therefore dev time, has gone into Boundless with this than would have without. I would also guess that they will likely seek similar work once this work is done.

7 Likes

Iā€™m glad that Wonderstuck is able to help other dev teams with big projects and bring more money into their projects. Between this and the new income from the sovereign planets I hope they can start focusing on issues within their own game. Iā€™m personally worried about the lack of communication of their upcoming goals. Looking at old posts shows that the devs used to be a lot more upfront with goals and generally had more interaction with the player base. I havenā€™t been around that long but thatā€™s my observation.

2 Likes

Wowā€¦ didnā€™t expect that.
But thats great for you @james and your team.
I am very curious to see the skeletton, when the game goes into Full Release. :slight_smile:

5 Likes