Turbulenz supporting Baldur's Gate 3 development 🛡

Hey Everyone,

As a few people may have spotted on Twitter, we have been helping with the development of Baldur’s Gate 3. Now that it has been released to Early Access we’re allowed to talk a little about it. It’s quite common for multiple external studios to contribute to the development of huge games. And Baldur’s Gate 3 is massive.

We’ve been supporting Larian on the project since early 2019, with a team contributing to their cinematics, performance capture, online services and analytics, in-game GUI, physics and IK, and bits of the combat gameplay. All sorts of stuff really! The game is looking absolutely amazing.

We’ve had a team on Boundless and a team on Baldur’s Gate cross supporting each other when the expertise and skills are needed. Oh, and if you see a skeleton rising from the dead… know that it’s a performance captured @Leahlemoncakes. Scary!

92 Likes

Congrats on the jobs!

2 Likes

Congratulations!

I think that deserves a new exo in boundless called boooal :wink:

3 Likes

That’s awesome to hear officially that you guys have been helping out with that title.

Great steps for you guys. Congrats!!

P.S. not gonna lie though when I saw the notification I was hoping it was a Halloween event announcement lol

2 Likes

Thanks @james for clarifying I appreciate the clarity/

great news!
i think all active accounts should receive 500 cubits! YAY!

4 Likes

Most awesome! I played the original Baldur’s Gate games and love Larian’s work as well on the DoS series…Can’t imagine a better pairing of teams! So, when are we getting the mind flayers in Boundless?

2 Likes

Congrats to you all! :smiley: From what I’ve seen online of it, looks absolutely beautiful! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congrats. Just watched the trailer for it. Looks pretty cool.

1 Like

Congrats :tada:

1 Like

Long live Turbulenz!

1 Like

Awesome!! I have been playing that game. It is amazing even in EA! Great Job!!

That’s awesome!! Baldur’s Gate is a beloved series :heart:

Nice ! Congrats :tada::tada::tada:

1 Like

Hey @james can we get those kinda graphics in boundless? Asking for a friend :joy: the trailer looks amazing. Got TEAM.

1 Like

Congrats guys!

Though I have heard some negative reviews of bg3 I think

Need a beta tester?

1 Like

Haha aaaaaaawesome!

3 Likes

Uh. Was absolutely not expecting any of this.
Pretty cool.
I spent a lot of time and had waaaay too much fun on Divinity Original Sin 2, so I was logically already hyped for BG3… now I’m super-hyped. ^^

But so… is Larian Studios physically near Wonderstruck?

1 Like

Congrats on working on another great game! Results look wonderful.

I am wondering tho if you will keep working on it since it’s not completely done yet after all.

And yes, I ask 'cos I am curious if more people are now available to work on Boundless… :slight_smile:

4 Likes