Turn around time for support requests?

I submitted a support request with a log via the option in the PC client yesterday concerning one of my character s stuck in the sanctum with an illegal protocol error.

What kind of turn around times are people experiencing with support requests? A second character has got stuck in the sanctum above a different planet today. With no response on the first support request, I’m trying to get an idea of how much wait frustration I need to prepare myself for.

illegal protocol error, generally means the server was down or you were blocked from it by either ISP or maybe port…? Most likely the server was experiencing issues… try to log in again.

I don’t believe that either of those are causes here WidowMaker as from the same PC with the same account I can travel to the planet that one character is stuck in the sanctum above with another character without any issue at all. It’s into its second day so there have been plenty of PC and client restarts.

ARGH, this one… There was something about deleting the chunk cache…

IF using steam, try verifying file integrity?

The usual case for the illegal protocol message is the connection timing out due to a poor connection to that server. Some local edits to the asset data can also cause it.

In your case if your other characters can get on to the same planet around the same time then there may be another issue. Can you manually share or email in a log file? see Q: How do I share a Boundless game log?

Hey Michaelb

I have made no “local edits to the asset data”. Is that something that can corrupt and needs flushing?

A couple of days ago using the PC client, I submitted a log via Main Menu -> Support -> Submit Game Log and include a description of the issue similar to that above. Does that give you what you need? In game name of the character is Smittie if that helps.

Where do those support requests made from the client go and having submitted one how should I expect to be contacted by someone from Boundless support?

Stuck there again…

https://pastebin.com/WCYmDnvQ

Checking Smittie locally the character seems fine. Looking at your log the timestamp is hitting the max 500ms implying the connection to that server is not good during the initial connection. Its not obvious why one of your characters would be able to get on a world while another one cannot if your testing it at the same time.

We have fixed some issues around connecting to worlds in the Testing update as well as reducing the amount of data sent which may resolve the issue.

Hey Michaelb

Whilst the news that improvements with future updates may address this is great, how do I get the character out of the Sanctum so I can play the game? Can you not move it?

BTW - tried verifying the files via the steam client and installed Steam and Boundless fresh on a laptop and couldnt move that charatcer out of the Sanctum.

I got myself out of this by spending clense points to increase my blink distance skill and then spent the coin to open a portal to another world. I understand Boundless is a new game but it is really disappointing that there was no response to the support request via the client tools and that I had to come to the forums in the hope of an answer, the answer was not to provide a solution but rather a “hey we will try and not have it happen in future releases” and I had to find another way around the issue myself. it’s small amounts but by monetising both cleanse points and coins through the shop there is a money value on me finding a solution myself.

I love the game you have produced and am getting a lot out of playing it. I’m hopeful that the support on going will get to the level it needs to be at so the game goes the distance and is here for years to come.