Turn off Grapples on Beacons

I would like to see a option for turning off/on grapples in Beacon areas :heart:
What do you guys / girls think?

12 Likes

I think its a great idea… Grapples should not allow people to get places the builder and creator of the beacon did not want or intend them to go…

2 Likes

not a bad idea actually… but it would have to be an option of course!
great for minigames or privacy!

1 Like

This would be amazing! I’ve always thought of making a parkour course, but I always changed my mind because people would just end up using grapples to help them. Having more options of things that can be toggled in Beacons is a fantastic idea.

2 Likes

What’s the plan here? Making a pit to ruin the day of people? I don’t get it.

4 Likes

if that is what you want, but its not like you cant get out if you get stuck, you just return to the sanctum and get out that way. Some people dont carry grapples all the time like myself :slight_smile: but I’ll like when people have to explore a build to get through and not just use a grapple to get to the end, like if you have a hidden chest at the top or something like that or even if you wanna make minigames ^^

To sum it up it wont hurt anyone in anyway :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If that happens I will start building labyrinths and jumping puzzles!

7 Likes

Maybe something like this :wink:

2 Likes

yea something just like that one :slight_smile:

1 Like

When you want people to experience your build instead of just grappleing through it

3 Likes

As an option it would be okay, but keep in mind that it’s then way easier to create traps for people :confused:

2 Likes

yea that is what i want :slight_smile:
I do see your point that it is much more easy to get people stuck but just return to sanctum if anything :slight_smile:

1 Like

So at least there should be an info that shows you that the beacon has restrictions or bonus rules (I still hope for pvp beacons … arena fighting for the win ^^). best would be a shimmering effect in a special color that warns you before you enter a beacon or (which I know from some games with pvp zones in the middle of the open world) a timer that counts backwards for 10 secs befor the rules (no grapple for example) are effective on you. … There need to be a troll protection if something like this is added to the game.

Sanctum teleporting is an option but annoying when having the following situation: There is an portion in a cave where you can enter but cannot leave without a grapple (because it’s beaconed and you cant destroy or build blocks). when you traveled a lot to get there but use the sanctum you would have to run a lot because the teleporting back brings you to the same location again. This would be a no-go for me.

1 Like

yea I feel ya on that… pvp beacon kida sound awesome and I agree on the warnings when entering such areas <3

1 Like

If the area you are trapped in is large enough, when you return to sanctum then, you will return to the same spot unless you use coin to go someplace else. Why should I have to spend coin to get out of someone’s build? That seems like PvP to me. I do not like this idea unless there is some warning before entering that grapples will not work.

3 Likes

Well we can already do that with (Strangers cannot warp into this beacon) but if you return to sanctum within the beacon and use bump you just popup at the top ^^ :slight_smile:

ok I may be missing something and I am still playing as a noob. I fell into a hole in the floor of build a few weeks ago. As I was in an area big enough to respawn in, going just to sanctum did not let me go back to the level above me. I had to find a way to grapple out. So how do I bump from sanctum? I have use the “area not big enough to respawn in” to get back the surface when mining, so I understand that. but since the area I fell into was beaconed, I could not dig my slef out or create a tight enough space to do the respawn bump.

1 Like

It’s fine but a little extra tip in a situation like that go to a corner it helps most of the time and use bump 2-4 times :slight_smile:

You should be able to interact with the warp in the sanctum, by pressing e, and then select ‘bump’. It’ll try and move you to a safe place, but may need a couple of attempts.

3 Likes

almost 1000 hours in and I did not know that. . always learning

4 Likes