Ultra Rare Treasures hidden on Each Planet?

I think an easy time-sink to implement in the game would be to have Legendary Resources/Treasures on each planet, maybe like 25 total of different types that respawn slowly and randomly.

People could make museums to show’off what which one’s they’ve managed to gather. Could make it so AOE tools destroy them, to force people to really scour the planet for them.

Might add a sense of adventure~ for those at end-game, in a quest to complete their collection and boost prestige maybe.

14 Likes

I love ideas like this. Unique, or super rare collectibles with little to no use. Great for those of us who enjoy discovery and display.

5 Likes

Hidden Lore pieces maybe?

7 Likes

Exactly, telriche! I love it!

3 Likes

I like the idea. I explore quite a lot so this would be nice bonus.

1 Like

Maybe a pirate map, you need to complete piece by piece and lead you to the final reward.

2 Likes

Maybe it just gives a nice chunk of experience, and there could be a new set of feats to find them? Would be pretty cool yeah :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t like the idea of new set of feats, the reason being that they should be rare enough - maybe even unique - that unless you get very lucky, or you intentionally look for them, you can’t find them. Maybe there are clues or pieces of a map, as already suggested, so a little effort is involved too. But if it’s just something that after so many hours on a planet you’re bound to find the same thing that everyone else finds, it kinda takes the mystery and discovery out of them. They should feel special. I really like the idea of all of them being unique too. Like if you find a piece with lore about a coal planet’s history with ancient Oort technology, maybe you’re the only one in the entire universe with that piece. Another player might have one from a toxic world about how entire species of animals mutated and were caused to go extinct. Again, only one player would have that piece. It could even result in museums being built, where players could donate or sell these pieces for the sake of posterity. Also, due to the uniqueness of the items, they should also be pieces that cannot be destroyed. They could be thrown away, but never actually destroyed.

4 Likes

Honestly, the thought of something incredibly rare that you can just happen upon while playing a game has always excited me so much, and made me want to play even more.

I’ve played through every single main title Pokémon game from the beginning, and shiny Pokémon are still pretty much my favorite aspect of the game because they are so R A R E. Actually randomly happening upon one in a playthrough is such an exciting moment.

If this game had random encounters on the worlds that were exceedingly rare–like, 1 in a few thousand chance sort of rare–it would excite me even more to play and explore; it could be mobs that spawn very rarely that look different and drop really special items, or a unique kind of ore that is rarer than any other kind and becomes a real trophy to you. I love that stuff, my dudes.

5 Likes

Yes I agree, that would make being an explorer so much more fun, as there would be meaningful things to find

2 Likes

That all sounds cool, but I’d draw the line before:

While super unique stuff can be nice, this also means every single bit has to be hand crafted (or at the very least curated) by a Lore expert, which is a very time consuming process for an official item that can only be held / viewed / accessed by one individual at a time.

I think it would be a more practical use of time if there were some overarching Lore collection book, and if a person with a unique Lore item could choose to put it up for display (such as in your museum suggestion) and visitors could copy the associated Lore into their books. That way the actual items can remain unique to the finder (or whoever they sell it on to), but also provide an additional activity for the more collection orientated players.

And while museum plinths would solve some of the issues, there’s still no guarantee that individual pieces of Lore will ever see the light of day if people who aren’t interested in sharing them choose not to but don’t want to throw them away.

I think he meant that you are the only one to have found one so far, not that only one person can have it at a time

ohhhh like server first treasure seeker That would be a story worth telling!

They could accomplish this using the process they already have in the game.

A random portal spawns, it leads to an area that you cannot (tab) save location for. That location is an astroid/comet that you are inside (unbreakable crust)

There could be mobs inside, a reward, puzzles, and then you have to warp home.

The warp would last limited time, then despawn (go on a timer) and then respawn randomly. The comet could be randomly generated inside, or it could be set based on world so you could ‘catch um all’.

Would be a fun little mini-game within the game.

2 Likes

great idea i love it i also hope we will be able to build the totems off the enemy drops image

another example is like when like 10planets find pieces they need come together to join them to make a temple that gives stat boosts for limited time
it will force people from diferent groups planets to work together

6 Likes

Yea, I love the idea for the totems! As a hunter main, I hope so too!

I didn’t play much with the new atmosphere system. I noticed that the skills say ‘reduce damage you take in X environment’. Even with all the skills, did the hostile planets still hurt you? Also, did they hurt you when you were inside/underground or just above ground?

i was on test and got no damage from enviroment in a dangerous world
maybe its just in worlds that are toxic for some reason
you should drop that question on general discord

Oooh totems. Me likey

I don’t think atmospheres are currently working

1 Like

Way back when I first started playing, the unique glyphs were intended to introduce some of the lore (which is partly why they were added to boundlesscrafting.com/lore/glyph). They were meant for people to discover the meanings of things… perhaps this idea will make a come back.

I guess it could also be why the glyph brick was removed from the game for the moment :man_shrugging:

4 Likes