UMG claiming soundtracks on Youtube videos

1 Like

I did a post a little while ago i could not find this one at the time but i was hit as well here is a link to my video

Video title: BOUNDLESS Permadeath (Co-Op) - Frostbird & Jirel try to survive - Episode 01
Copyrighted content: Orange Sky (From “Boundless” Soundtrack)
Claimed by: UMG

1 Like

so it looks like ive been hit by a copyright claim on my Permadeath stream yesterday

Hi The Sanguine Raven,

A copyright owner using Content ID has claimed some material in your video.

As a result, your video has been blocked, and can no longer be played on YouTube.

This is not a copyright strike. This claim does not affect your account status.

Video title: BOUNDLESS Permadeath (Co-Op) - Frostbird & Jirel try to survive - Episode 01
Copyrighted content: Orange Sky (From “Boundless” Soundtrack)

I thought were allowed to use the in game music as the Devs and the creator of the music have given permission is there anything i can do to get my video back up.

Here is a link to the video if that helps

1 Like

I think there is a thread to report these

1 Like

I couldn’t find it

Comments from James in that thread asking people to link videos

1 Like

There we go … 2 new claims today …

Hard to see which video it is now since it’s from a stream and most of the vids have the same name. What’s annoying too is that the whole video seems to be getting blocked everywhere. An no … the weren’t even set for monetization. These now all have a copyright claim

So 7 vids for a total of 13 copyright claims.

1 Like

Good idea

I DM’ed a kotaku writer let’s see if he’s interested

4 Likes

Thank you for trying to help, but I do not consent to being part of any story. The proper procedures are being taken and I assume it may take some time. Youtube usually takes several weeks/months to handle most issues. It might be stalled in the hands of UMG, dunno.

6 Likes

my as well

1 Like

Bad idea. Very bad idea. If many years of office politics has taught me anything calling out either intentionally being difficult or causing a problem by failing will just result in the person/company getting defensive and pee’d off slowing the whole thing down…not to mention potentially throwing a spanner in the works for the person you think your helping.

Best just leave this well alone and with the devs

2 Likes

Well … another day … another 2 copyright claimns have been received. Since I seem to be getting them on all the VODS for my streams and they all have the same name, it’s almost impossible to tell which one got the 2 claims this time … Wish there was an easy way to see that.

So … my guess is … on Friday I’ll get 2 or 3 more.

2 Likes

I was able to get my video back up by having YouTube remove the song from video, from now on my Boundless streams will be with the music off unfortunately.

2 Likes

Woke up to another email from YouTube this morning about another Boundless video of mine that got blocked.

Video title: Boundless - Permadeath - Making my grapple - Ep .04
Copyrighted content: Modular Modules (From “Boundless” Soundtrack)

This video was from last year my new videos of Boundless are without music now but it a shame my older videos are now being blocked.

3 Likes

More of mine are getting blocked. I’m just going to cut out the music.

5 Likes

I’m wondering why this is happening now all of a sudden…

I suspect it’s related to this

1 Like

I know better, but it’s almost like YT is directly working to prevent the only advertisements Boundless has.

2 Likes

Perhaps Wonderstruck should send YT a cease and desist letter?

3 Likes

Looks as though the claims have been removed. My last stream was unblocked.

1 Like