Unable to log into the game using Shadow

I’m more often than not using Shadow to play the game and I’m getting this issue since yesterday morning (24 hours ago)

I did see two users have similar issues yesterday but it seems like it was resolved by waiting. While I don’t know how linked Steam is for the Steam Summer Sale to effect server connection.

My objective is to identify if what I’m having is a Boundless, Steam, o Shadow.

Do you have any logs that we could take a look at please?

I’ve had the same issue lately too. I have to shut steam restart.
The most consecutive times it hasn’t worked is twice in a row.
Typically it’s once and then a close out of steam and re open fixes

I also use shadow only.

CC’ing @blake in :grin:

Does this url work for either of you in a browser on the cloud machine https://ds.playboundless.com:8902/ping ?

My first guess would be that something in the Shadow setup is restricting Boundless from connecting to the game. Seeing a game log would help.

@Leahlemoncakes Nope. I think I need to play with the firewall setting.

How would I pull the logs? If i find out I will edit my post.

Edit: Found this post

Edit 2: Added the log.txt @james

1 Like

I did a factory reset of my Shadow PC and surprisingly it worked. I still would like to know what story the logs will tell.

1 Like

We will take a look for you and will let you know if there’s anything obvious :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Just checking in to see if anything was discoverable from the logs.

I’m about to perform another factory reset since the game is on the fritz again on shadow.

Cc’ing in @blake :blush:

The original logs didn’t show anything particularly useful, only that the game tried to open a connection to one of our servers and eventually timed out unable to access it.